Jealousy Kills

3 Steps To Loving You (EXO FANFICTION)
Please log in to read the full chapter

"What ? " Seyeon spoke as she secured the phone between the left ear and her shoulder while trying to pay the cashier with her left hand and collect the cup of hot coffee with her right .

"Seyeon-ah ! Are you still working ? How are you feeling ? Do you still feel any sort of pain or diziness ? " Baekhyun's concerned nagging sounded over the phone .

Seyeon mumbled a quick 'thank you' to the cashier and left the cafe . She picked up the phone with her free hand and continued walking back to the SM building .

"Yeah my dear puppy I'm absolutely fine . " Seyeon assured .

"You sure ? Need me to fetch you home later after you are done with work ? "

Seeing how concerned Baekhyun is , Seyeon decided to play a little trick on him .

"Ah ! " Seyeon yelped ,acting as if she was in pain .

"What why Oh Seyeon are you okay ? ARE YOU THERE ? ARE YOU STILL LISTENING ? HELLO ? ANSWER ME ! " Baekhyun asked in panic .

Seyeon chuckled softly . " Look at you hahahaha . You got fooled by me huh . "

"HEY ! Don't joke around like that ! I was really worried okay ! "

"Fine . Merong . " Seyeon said as she walked into the lift and pressed the button to the seventh floor , where Sehun's office was .

"By the way , you are still going to the auditions tomorrow right ? " Seyeon asked .

"Of course , Minah wouldn't stop reminding me and pestering me about it . By the way , Minah said you can take a break if you want and not come for the auditions . She literally freaked out when you passed out this morning . "

"Oh really ... I should apologise tomorrow then ." Seyeon commented apologetically .

"So you are coming tomorrow ? "

Seyeon reached for the doorknob . " Yep I can't possibly give it ..." However , before she could finish , a trainee ran past and knocked into her accidentally . Her phone flew off from her hands and the cup of coffee spilled onto the carpet floor .

"Hello ? Seyeon ? Are you there ? Did something happen ? Hey ! " Baekhyun's voiced boomed over the phone .

"Sorry ! I didn't see you in front . Really sorry . " The trainee apologized .

Seyeon frowned as she swept her stained uniform . " Erm ... it's fine . I will clean up . "

The trainee apologized again before running off to who-knows-where . Seyeon blew her bangs in frustration and picked up the cup and her phone .

"Yeah I'm fine someone just ... knocked into me and I'm sort of ... in a mess now urgh ." Seyeon complained .

Just then , the office door swung open and before Seyeon stood a wide-eyed Sehun .

"Baekhyun , I will talk to you later . " Seyeon said before hanging up . " Erm , Mr Park sorry about your ... "

Suddenly , Sehun sprang forward and grabbed onto Seyeon's shoulders , causing Seyeon to flinch at his sudden gesture . " Since when were you outside ? Did you hear ... No I mean... are you okay ? "

Seyeon looked at Sehun weridly . Sehun was grabbing onto her shoulders so tightly and looking at her so intensely , as if he was afraid that she would run off any moment .

"I just got here ... not long ago ? I was talking on the phone when suddenly someone ran into me and thats why , " Seyeon pointed to the coffee spilled on the floor . " your coffee is all there . Why ? Did something happen inside ? "

At her statement , Sehun heaved a sigh of relief and losened his grip on her shoulders . At that moment , Seyeon noticed Eunsang running out of the office , teary-eyed .

"Did you two fight ... ? " She asked .

"Go wash up . I will get someone to clean up here . " Sehun said , not answering to the question .

Knowing that Sehun didn't want to talk about it any further , Seyeon nodded and walked towards the washroom .

---------------------------

Seyeon switched the tap on and allowed the water to flow . * Did they fight ? What did they fight about ? Why did he ask me if I heard the commotion inside the office ? Is there something they are hiding from me ? * Questions were running through her head endlessly .

Shaking off those useless thoughts , she started cleaning her uniform .

"Right ... there's an audition tomorrow . " Seyeon mumbled to herself . " Aish I have not even practiced yet ! " she ruffled her hair in frustration .

Suddenly , a thought struck her . She looked around the washroom to see if there was anyone around , before positioning herself in front of the mirror .

Standing in front of the mirror , Seyeon started practicing for her auditions . She did a simple series of vocal warm-ups before clearing , and getting ready to sing .

As she was focused on hitting the right notes and singing out the right feelings , somebody else was right at the door , being her one and only audience .

--------------------------

After Seyeon walked away towards the washroom , Sehun leaned against the wall and placed his palm over his chest, breathing out heavily . He was so afraid to the extent that he held his breath .

"Gosh... that was close . " Sehun murmmured to himself . After looking at his watched and realizing the time , he began walking towards the direction of the washroom .

While waiting outside the ladies' , a melodious voice from inside the washroom caught his attention . His ear perked up as he started walking towards the door , unknowingly .

As the song reached his ears note by note , he felt his mood lighten . It felt as if the song was sang not only with the voice , but the heart . So much happened recently and yet , by hearing Seyeon sing , the negative thoughts and his foul mood vanished almost instantly . He was a singer himself and he had his standards - and Seyeon broke the scale . He was enjoying the song so much that when Seyeon stopped sing abruptly, he felt his mood hitting rock bottom again .

Seyeon scurried to the door with her wet uniform . " Since ... since when were you standing there ? You heard everything ? "

Sehun shrugged and grinned . " Maybe . "

"Aish ... this is embarrassing. " Seyeon said , looking away .

"Don't worry , it's good . Well as expected good genes run in the family . " Sehun commented .

Seyeon looked at Sehun skeptically . " Genes ? Family ? "

Realising what he said , Sehun tried to cover up immediately . " Erm ... I mean . I'm sure your parents sing well too right ? Heh . "

Although she doubted his words , Seyeon just shrugged it off and nodded .

Just then , Sehun removed his blazer placed it over Seyeon from the front . " Let's go , I
will get you home . Cover yourself well , the weather's turning cold and you might catch a cold with your wet shirt . "

Not saying a word , Seyeon just followed behind Sehun .

Please log in to read the full chapter