My Heart That Beats For You

3 Steps To Loving You (EXO FANFICTION)
Please log in to read the full chapter

After sitting for quite some time, Sehun realised that it was getting chilly and that it would be best for them to head back in before Seyeon catches a cold. He could just notice her lips tremble slightly whenever a gust of wind blew across them.

"Seyeon-ah, let's head back in. It's getting colder out here." Sehun said as he stood up slowly,removing his  jacket and placing it over her shoulder.

"Oh? Oh... oh okay."

However, probably because of the cold wind which numbed her legs, Seyeon's legs gave way the moment she stood up. Luckily, before she could hit the floor, Sehun was fast enough to support her by her waist.

"Hey! You okay?" Sehun asked worriedly.

Seyeon looked up at Sehun and somehow, she couldn't find words to speak. She didn't know why Sehun had such an effect on her –strong enough to make her lose her ability to speak normally. Wasn't he just a brother now? Or was it her heart that could not get use to it?

"I... yes...okay." Seyeon muttered.

Sehun sighed and look at his sister. She looked so pale and fragile-like she could be blown away by the wind. 'How have you been living  all these while for you to look so frail like that?' Sehun thought to himself.

Sehun held Seyeon up on her feet and supported her by putting one hand over her shoulder and one hand grabbing lightly onto the arm nearest to him. "Let's go."

Seyeon was rather shocked at first, but she didn't resist. She just followed as Sehun slowly led her back into the building and into her room.

--------------------

The moment they entered the room, Baekhyun came running up to them worriedly.

"What happened? Seyeon-ah are you okay?" He asked, glancing up to Sehun who kept his attention on Seyeon.

Seyeon gave a weak smile and nodded her head. "I'm fine."

Sehun supported her all the way up to bed and tucked her in. At that, Seyeon couldn't help but be reminded of how Sehun would use to do it every night. When they were much younger, of course. Subconsciously, Seyeon broke into a smile at the thought of such warm memories.

"You didn't change at all." Seyeon said, only realising she spoke after the words escaped . She bit her lip and mentally cursed herself for saying such a random thing at that point of time.

Sehun stopped what he was doing and looked up at Seyeon. "Huh?"

Seyeon laughed awkwardly and shook her head lightly. "No... nothing... Just-just thank you." *Oh Seyeon are you an idiot? Why are you stuttering? You're making yourself seem weirder.* Seyeon scolded in her mind.

Sehun smiled and ruffled her hair lightly before sitting down on the chair next to the bed. He actually understood what she was getting at, but he just pretended not to anyway. "Seyeon-ah..." He began gently.

Seyeon glanced over to Sehun cautiously. His tone totally gave off the feeling that he was about to say something important.

"Since you know everything now..." Sehun took a deep breath before he continued. "Would you like to move in to my house?"

Seyeon eyes widened at his request. "M-move in to your house?"

"Yeah. I can't possibly let you continue living by yourself? We are f-" Sehun paused as he realised what he about to say. Seyeon looked at him, confused at why he suddenly stopped speaking .

"Family... aren't we?"

At that, Seyeon's gaze softened. She had to admit, the word "family" did give her the warmth that she was subconsciously yearning for for so long.

"Although it's just the two of us now, we are still a family. So from now on, I will not leave you to survive on your own. It's best if you could move in with me so that I can... you know... take care of you."

Seyeon looked down and played with her fingers, considering Sehun's words seriously. Although she knew that knowing now that Sehun and her were blood-related siblings and it was only right for her to move in, something was making her hesitate. She couldn't name what was stopping her though. Was it the feelings she had towards Sehun before she knew everything? She couldn't be sure.

"I know I may not be in the position to say this but-" Baekhyun commented, making Sehun and Seyeon look up at him at the same time. " I think it's better for you to move in. After all, the place you're staying at now isn't very safe in a way. Your lock broke a few times, too. If you move in, there would be someone to take care of you, and you wouldn't have to juggle between school and your part-time jobs just to pay off your rental fee and your electricity bills."

Sehun glanced over at Seyeon, waiting for her answer.

Please log in to read the full chapter