Hiding Is Caring

3 Steps To Loving You (EXO FANFICTION)
Please log in to read the full chapter


Wiping her tear-stained face and taking a deep breath, Seyeon placed the phone on her ear .

"Hello? Seyeon? How's your
check-up? Did it end already? " Baekhyun voice boomed over the phone. He had to raise his voice as his relatives were talking a bit too loudly.

"Of course, it didn't take long. " Seyeon replied, trying her best to sound as normal as possible.

"Yeah right, so why didn't you call me? How was it? What did the doctor say?"

Seyeon gulped at Baekhyun's question. She couldn't help but feel the urge to cry again. Once again, all the negative thoughts began filling her
mind. Was she ready to let Baekhyun know yet? No, no she wasn't. She shouldn't let him know, not now.

"I'm fine... of course." She croaked, hoping Baekhyun didn't notice the change in her voice.

"The what's with the occasional abdominal pains and vomiting ? Do they mean nothing ? "

"Oh that... erm. " Seyeon paused as she tried hard to come up with an excuse. "It was just a gastric problem ... yeah ! Nothing much to worry about heh. "

"I knew it . Who told you to skip your meals constantly huh ! Don't try to argue with me that you are on a diet when you are as skinny as a bamboo tree and as light as a feather already . From now on, I'm going to make sure you eat all 3 meals you hear me ? " Baekhyun nagged .

Seyeon smiled as another tear rolled down her cheeks . She felt so lucky to have Baekhyun by her side to support her through her hard times, but she wasn't ready to let Baekhyun face this illness with her yet .

"Thank you , Baekhyun. " She croaked as tears started to fall uncontrollably.

There was silence on the other side of the line for a few seconds before Baekhyun spoke again. "Wait... why do you sound so-so weird ? Are you by any chance , crying ? Did anything happen? Where are you now? "

Seyeon wiped away her tears abruptly . "No I'm not ... it's just that ... just that I'm having a flu that's all . "

"A flu ? Did you take any medication then ? Don't underestimate a flu okay you can't let it get worse ! Where are you ! I will go walk you home . " Baekhyun suggested.

"Erh no ! It's okay I'm actually on the way and reaching soon already . You really don't have to come. " Seyeon lied. She must be mad if she were to let Baekhyun walk her home in this state .

"But-"

"Baekhyun! Are you done talking on the phone ? We are going to sing the birthday song already!" A voice came from behind Baekhyun .

"Go on and sing the birthday song for your grandpa Baekhyun . Don't worry about me ! "

Baekhyun ruffled his hair in frustration. He knew he couldn't leave now anyway. "Alright then . Text me once you reach home okay ? "

"Yeah I got it ! So naggy. " Seyeon smiled between her sobs.

"It's for your own good! I'm hanging up now ! Bye ! " And the line went dead .

Seyeon dropped her hand heavily on her lap, causing the phone in her hand to tumble over and fall onto the cold,hard ground. That was when the tears she was trying so hard to hold back fell uncontrollably. Seyeon bent over and bit her lip as she weeped as silently as she could.

"Sorry... sorry Baekhyun. Sorry.... "

---------------------------------

"Hey Oh Seyeon ! "

Seyeon stopped in her tracks as that familiar voice sounded out from behind her . She sighed as she turned around reluctantly and tried her best to smile naturally. She knew it wouldn't be easy to avoid Baekhyun but, what else could she do? She wasn't ready to face Baekhyun yet, not when she feels so guilty just by looking at him. Guilty of lying to this innocent human who genuinely cared for her.

Baekhyun quickened his steps and jogged to the space beside Seyeon, making her turn her face away from him . "What's with you today? Why didn't you wait for me and came to school yourself? "

"Ah ... I have to meet my group mates for the upcoming project. " Seyeon was glad that she tried to come up with this reason beforehand because well, she more or less expected Baekhyun to question her abnormality anyway. She was lucky there was actually a legit projet for them to complete.

Baekhyun nodded in understanding. "Oh .... then you should have told me beforehand! I wouldn't have to make a wasted trip to your house then!"

"If I tell you beforehand, wouldn't you insist to fetch me to school early in the morning then? I don't want you sacrificing your precious sleeping time for me."

Baekhyun rubbed his nape and chuckled. "Guess you're right haha. "

"Seyeon ! " Another voice came from a distance .

Seyeon and Baekhyun both turned their heads to see Minji running towards them.

"Oh ! Oh ... You're here too? " Minji asked Baekhyun. She eyed Seyeon and saw her shaking her head slightly.

"Why? Is there a reason why I shouldn't be here?" Baekhyun retorted.

"Ha no of course... of course not. Just that... it's quite early in the morning don't you think? Well if you don't mind, can I borrow Seyeon for a moment? I need to speak to her in private."

"Again? What is it that you two can't talk about in front of me huh?" Baekhyun complained, pulling a long face.

Minji rolled her eyes at Baekhyun and grabbed Seyeon's wrist. "Just some girls' stuff. I will return her to you later ! "

Minji dragged Seyeon away, ignoring Baekhyun's calls for Seyeon from behind. She stopped at the garden behind the school, where it was more empty and quiet. She looked around to make sure no one was around before taking out a bottle of pills and handing them over to Seyeon.

"I collected them for you at the pharmacy yesterday. Painkillers. "

Seyeon took the bottle slowly and nodded her head.

"Are you... you feeling better? You didn't tell Baekhyun yet? " Minji asked in concern. She didn't understand why she was starting to get all worried over Seyeon either. She wasn't sure if she was actually doing this for her out of pity.

Please log in to read the full chapter