Married Life - Day 2 (Part 2)

It Started with a Drink
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One look into Kyungsoo and Jongin knows that it is a bad idea to take Kyungsoo out on the date that they have planned. She is waiting for his response and but he's still juggling his thoughts before he makes a decision. Whatever has happened has made her upset enough to cry. Maybe she is just a crier? Jongin is annoyed because he can't answer himself. How is he supposed to? There wasn't even forty-eight hours since they met.

"Jongin, you're thinking too hard on something," Kyungsoo's eyebrows are burrowed together. "It's okay if you don't want to..."

"Let's postpone going out tomorrow," Jongin replied. "But we can do something while we stay inside. We could still get pictures... Just a different setting," he paused as he let her process what he's suggesting.

Kyungsoo just nodded. So long as she could distract herself from hearing Chanyeol's voice inside her head, she will take anything.

"Would a movie be okay?" Jongin still have to check because if Kyungsoo really needs to go outside, then he just have to do his best to keep her safe or to keep something bad happening. After another silent nod, Jongin smiled at her and led her to the couch and called for a selection of DVDs to be brought to his room. He would let Kyungsoo choose the movie and he pats himself at that.

He also asked for three bags of popcorn to go with it. After he hung up, he joined Kyungsoo as she mindlessly watched whatever it was on the TV. It looked like some kind of a news program but Jongin paid no attention to it. He observed Kyungsoo and how she laid her chin on her knees as she hugged them to her chest. Her hair flowed from both sides of her face, not quite combed but still, she looks fine.

It makes him jittery that the smiley Kyungsoo who he has just shared breakfast with is not with him but was replaced by a silent and brooding one. He doesn't have a clue on what to do to comfort her. Should he hug her again? He shook his head. Maybe one hug is a little more than enough for the day. He might come off as some ert.

Should he get her to talk? Can he ask her what happened when he was putting away the dishes? He's not sure so he left that be but the silence and space between them feels so wrong so he tentatively scooted closer to where Kyungsoo is. When she made no move to get away from him, he moved two more times until they are side by side, his thigh touching her left foot.

Before he could do anything more, the doorbell rang and he sighed. He patted her head as he passed by her to answer the door. He wheeled in half a rack of DVDs neatly placed on three shelves and the smell of freshly made popcorns filled Jongin's room. Jongin has asked the guy from room service to wait for a while because he doesn't want to have the rack inside for too long. It makes him feel stuffy.

"Go on ahead, Soo. Pick all you like," he gestured on the rack and she looked at him and nodded. Kyungsoo padded towards him and sat as she scanned the titles. A few seconds after, she cleared and Jongin looked at her questioningly. She's blushing a little and her eyes darted everywhere except Jongin.

"Do you not want anything from this? Should I ask for another batch?"

"No! I mean... these are fine but can - can I have nachos instead?" her voice was soft and he almost missed nachos but he smiled.

"Of course. You could have anything you want," Jongin headed towards the guy who brought the rack in but he paused mid way. "Lots of cheese?"

Kyungsoo turned around and there was the ghost of her heart-shaped smile. "Yes, please."

And so she got her extra cheesy nachos (Jongin asked for two servings but the cheese sauce be separated on the second bowl) and she, again, shyly gave Jongin the movies she wants to watch. Jongin fought the urge to roll his eyes because in his hands are five DVD cases with titles Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn part 1 and 2.

Kyungsoo fidgeted on her spot because even if she's embarrassed by watching something that many people find ridiculous (Jongin looks like he's one of them), she likes it. It is not the actors that she likes about the movie (they kinda ) but it is the idea of having a love so strong that it transcends reality.

She wants something like that and she thought she already had it but there she is, trying to pick herself up and continue her search. At least, Jongin kept quiet and just humored her as he placed the DVD on the player. When the part where the deer was caught, she dug into her nachos, falling into the distraction that she needed.

Jongin, on the other hand, is still watching her. They are seated close but not close enough, for him that is. He watched as she put nachos after nachos inside and after some time, she would bring her fingers into to get the cheese sauce stuck on them. He looked away because everytime he sees Kyungsoo's tongue darting out has started to bother him.

She doesn't look like she's swooning over the overly pale vampire whose voice is awkwardly gruff (Jongin looks so much better with his tan and his normal voice, thanks) but something inside him is nagging that he should do something. But what?

What do normal couple do when they watch a movie?

They share food. Check.

The guy lets the girl choose the movie because that is the polite thing to do. Check.

Cuddle. Ahh.

But could he just pull Kyungsoo in to cuddle? He's awkward as and he can't even imagine how he was able to make-out with her during their wedding night. Mayb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter