If Ever You're In My Arms Again

It Started with a Drink
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kyungsoo, dear, are you okay?” said lady who is hunched over the sink is washing for the third time that morning. If she has doubted the result of the pregnancy tests she took earlier, they were all thrown out. Or thrown up. It has just been three days since she ran away and two days since the morning sickness has already started to kick in. Her shoulders slumped in shame and defeat as she saw her reflection on the mirror.

“Kyungsoo?”

“I’m fine, mama Vic. Just puking my guts out,” she finally replied to her anxious mama Vic who is probably waiting for her on the other side of the bathroom door. She shut off the tap and wiped her face with the towel hanging on the holder bolted to the wall. She turned the knob and slowly opened the door and sure enough, Vic is standing in the middle of the hallway that connects the bathroom to the living room.

“This is why I’m telling you to go home and get yourself checked!” the elder tutted and Kyungsoo could only hung her head low. She knows that she is being childish and unreasonable for suddenly running away from home, from her husband. She realized this the moment she boarded the bus with no particular destination, one of her small luggage with her. But she knows she needed to cool down first and luckily, the bus she has boarded could bring her to where her old apartment was.

It’s also nice that she hasn’t sold her unit yet.

So she stayed there for the night and planned to return the next morning and forget everything that has happened. Only she didn’t pursue her plan because she has gotten sick, her baby started to let her know of their existence inside her. Helpless on her own, she had to swallow her pride and ask for help and the first person she has thought of is her neighbor Victoria who has a four year-old son. The mother has readily accommodated her because her husband is on a vacation with their son; something like a father-and-son bonding and will only come back after three more days.

She stayed on the bed all day not knowing that everyone is going crazy looking for her. Her phone died and she forgot to charge it.

The next day she felt better but when she opened her TV, she saw her face all over the news and it was so embarrassing. Her hormone-fueled tantrum has shaken the whole country and Vic has scolded her for not telling her situation before – she could’ve called her family to inform them that she’s safe. But Kyungsoo begged her to not say anything because she needs to gather herself together and properly apologize for behaving like a kid.

She felt silly when she thinks back on the thoughts that she had that night. She hasn’t heard Jongin’s explanation before she jumped to conclusions. If Jongin was indeed cheating on her, why would he want her to come and get him? And she knows that he is drunk and it might also be a factor of his behavior. She should’ve not rationalized everything on her own without facts because look at where it got her.

Kim Kyungsoo is declared missing and it’s just downright embarrassing. For someone who doesn’t want attention, she sure is working hard against her wishes.

So the reason why she is staying in her apartment for the third day is because she doesn’t know how to face everyone. She knows that her family is worried; she could even see how anxious her big brother looks right now. Her school is also another matter because she has left without passing anything to anyone and Minseok might just strangle her when she goes back and tells her the reason she took off. Her friends are also probably worried.

And Jongin. Her husband who might be going crazy already. Has he seen the tests? If he has then Kyungsoo is in a lot more trouble and she wants to hurt herself for her stupidity. But she doesn’t because of the growing baby inside her.

Kyungsoo turned to Victoria with a smile. “Don’t worry mama Vic, I’ll be okay.”

 

 

“Where could she possibly be?!” Baekhyun whined as he ruffled his hair. His bestfriend is really starting to get in his nerves because they still have no idea as to where Kyungsoo may be. It has been confirmed from all airlines that Kyungsoo has not boarded a plane and that she was not seen at the pier and riding a ferry. There was also no movement with her money in her banks and her car is sitting prettily in the garage. He tried to wrack his brain for any possible place that she could be but he comes up blank.

Or maybe the reason why he is feeling all y because Chanyeol has somehow managed to come to Jongin’s house for him to get updates real-time because he still treats Kyungsoo as his bestfriend and he is mighty worried about her and has also offered anything that they would need help with, he will do his best to provide. And Johyun has just left a few minutes ago after she dropped by to check on her fiancé.

Nice.

“I think…” Chanyeol voiced out and the attention of three other people (Baekhyun has his attention on him already) were turned to him with expectant looks on their faces. The tallest felt a little sheepish so he pursed his lips, contemplating on how he will say his idea.

“Yes, Chanyeol?” Jongin prompted, albeit a bit impatient. Chanyeol held up his hand to tell them that he’s thinking and after a few moments, he spoke.

“I think that Soo might’ve not gone far. I believe she’s just a bus away.”

The looks of disbelief shot to him made him hesitate but that makes sense. “Look, she hasn’t flown out and neither did she travel by sea. She couldn’t have driven far because she left her car here and if she did move to another city, she will have to book somewhere for her to stay and yet, there is no recent transactions done with her credit card nor was there any withdrawals from her account.”

“Okay, Park. You’re making sense because we have only looked for places that are outside the proximity of the city,” Jongin acquiesced. “Do you have an idea as to where she’s right now? You said that she didn’t make any

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter