Sidelines

It Started with a Drink
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's not a news that Taeyeon would eventually demand a date from Baekhyun. They are in a relationship, after all. But with everything that has been going on to Kyungsoo and his newly appointed acquired job in the Do Group, he could hardly make time to fix his apartment. Most of his furniture are still covered with that white cloth that has collected a two and a half months’ worth of dust. And his food has been take-outs for his two week-long stay.

Kyungsoo has found out about it and she has volunteered to help him settle back.

Hence, he told Taeyeon that he will be unavailable.

I am sooo... I don't know? Ugh 

He just doesn't feel like going out on a date and forcing himself to be smiling and happy then work to keep her from being bored when he is worried over Chanyeol.

Yes. Byun Baekhyun is a big idiot. He wanted to wear a flashing sign on his forehead that says 'IDIOT. BEWARE.' just so people would know how to deal with him. Or not bother with him at all.

He knows how upset Kyungsoo is because of the issues that keep popping out. She is mighty stressed even though her support system is strong. Kim Jongin level strong.

Meanwhile, Chanyeol is almost left with nothing. His father has wisely kept his mouth shut after the ordeal though rumor has it that during one board meeting, the man seem to be so out of himself that is why Chanyeol is shoved to the position as acting chairman and CEO of Park Industries.

Chanyeol has had the position that is rightfully his but the circumstances in which it was passed on to him is far from ideal. It could actually be equated to a nightmare because the whole company is barely breaking even, showing how politics is not just evident in government but also in business. Highly so.

And everytime Baekhyun sees a picture of the acting Chairman side by side the new CEO, Park Chanyeol and Kim Jongin, he can't help his heart to crumple at the sight of those overly large ears and tired eyes and faux smile that comprises Park Chanyeol. While Kim Jongin exudes authority, confidence and drive - a force to be reckoned with.

Park Chanyeol is no match to Kim Jongin.

And Byun Baekhyun wants nothing but take Park Chanyeol away and hide him away, as if he did not push him away and set him aside for countless times. His blind love is alive and kicking, rendering his escape to Japan fruitless and useless.

Byun Baekhyun groans and muffles his yell with his favorite pillow and thrashed his bed. It is hella frustrating and confusing. Maybe he has grown to be a masochist overtime because as he wishes to do something for Chanyeol, someone is doing that for him. Because alongside the pictures of the men of the hour, pictures of Kim Kyungsoo and Seo Johyun are shown.

Kim Kyungsoo, his bestfriend-slash-first love, is right in the middle of all these mess while Seo Johyun is seen on the sidelines, keeping the acting Chairman from falling apart.

Baekhyun wishes to be in her shoes, really. But he knows that he can't because the spot that he wants is already occupied and because Chanyeol wouldn't want him there.

Could Baekhyun be a beautiful wife who will welcome Chanyeol home and raise their beautiful kids to be the best people they could be?

He can't and he will never be so he is stuck behind the crowd and left wishing for a miracle to happen.

He doesn't want that place. It was overly less than what he deserves so he moved. He got away from that spot only to find himself only skirting around and walking in full circle because there he is, on top of his bed, with his awful bed hair, screaming his frustrations to his poor pillow and waiting for his bestfriend to come and set him straight.

Err... Maybe not that straight.

The beep of his front door opening is his cue to lay on his stomach and act like a five year-old. He has resigned to himself that it will be the day that he will be selfish and let himself be pampered and smothered by Kyungsoo after so many years.

"See, love? I told you he's going to be kissing his pillows," Kyungsoo huffed and crossed her arms as she squinted at the dead weight on the bed right in front of her and her clingy husband who has insisted, more like begged, to tag along. "Yah, Byun Baekhyun, what a way to impress," she taunted and slightly kicked the hanging foot by the edge of the bed.

"You brought your husband?" Baekhyun whined as he flipped and flopped on his bed, not caring how his bed clothes are skewed and his hair looking like it has a mind of its own. He scratched the non-existent itch on his stomach, his shirt riding up and he doesn't give a . He just want to laze around, even for a day. He could demand that much, right?

"What is it to you?" Jongin sneered.

"I want to be babied by my princess here but since you followed her like a pup, you are going to breathe down on my neck if I come as much as a foot near her," Baekhyun argued as he sat up and glared at the CEO who is dressed in casual clothes, polo shirt and semi-skinny jeans. Kyungsoo, who is looking at him amusedly, is in her leggings and a simple polo shirt. "And yeah, rub on my face that couple thing you got going on," feeling offense from the couple shirts they are wearing.

Kyungsoo felt an incoming headache from her husband and bestfriend so she needed to do something. "Love, can you please wait outside and prepare the groceries," she instructed Jongin who looked like he wanted to protest so she cut him off with a quick kiss. "Hurry now," she tilted her head towards the direction if Baekhyun's kitchen and with a defeated sigh, Jongin obeyed.

"Just like a true pup," Baekhyun snickered that Jongin returned with a glare.

He didn't notice that Kyungsoo walked towards him and he only realized as he felt a hard smack at the back of his head. "You are looking more like a puppy than Jongin, Baek. Fix yourself and look for your vacuum cleaner. We've got a lot of work to do, you lazy ."

 

 

As Kyungsoo has predicted, she did have a headache. Who wouldn't when your silly and childish husband is battling your silly and childish bestfriend in a wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter