Married Life - Day 1

It Started with a Drink
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With a groan, Jongin rolled over to the right side of his bed only to fail because of a warm lump that he has bumped into. He wasn't drunk last night, maybe a little tipsy, but it took him a little more time to remember everything that has happened the night before and he wants to cry but he's not sure for which reason.

And as if to mock him, something shiny glinted off when he moved his hand slightly and the ray of sunshine shone on the ring that is now worn on his left hand.

Kim Jongin is officially a married man for about a few hours already.

That is the reason why he wants to cry. Maybe because he is finally married and now, his grandpa will stop nagging him into getting a fine young lady to have on his arm permanently and will become his pillar as he takes over their company from his dad in a month’s time.

He wants to cry also for the reason that he has married a complete stranger which equates to the epitome of idiocy. He blames the alcohol for that because after a couple of drinks last night, he spotted her and by all the gods, she was stunning, if not for her furrowed brows and lips that were pouting sulkily.

Jongin checks once more because what if it was just a trick of alcohol that he has married that beautiful girl from last night? He let out a relieved sigh when he wasn't mistaken. It was the pretty girl, alright. It's just that she looks peaceful and cute while sleeping. It was a gorgeous view and maybe Jongin wasn't as stupid as he thinks he is.

A flash of panic came to him and he frantically checked if he was missing any clothes because him if he does. Everything was just temporary, just until his grandpa and father lets him be and trusts him with the company fully. He sagged back on his bed after seeing that he is still wearing his pants from last night and he saw a part of his wife’s dress peeking from the blankets.

Memory of soft lips jolted him up and he groaned once more.

"No but a make-out session. Great," Jongin grumbled and cursed himself for being so hormonal for a moment of weakness. He shouldn't let his thoughts wander too far because that is just too much. He has talked this girl into marrying him and that was a big enough favor to ask of her.

Well, she has her reasons for agreeing too but Jongin still feels indebted to her. The least that he could do for her is to keep his hands to himself unless it is very much necessary and his raging hormones is not part of the 'very much necessary'. He just wishes that if she wakes up and remembered that bit, she won't be throwing something at him or maybe even killing him. Who knows if this girl is actually a serial killer?

Jongin face palms. He really was an idiot for putting himself in this situation.

The rustle of sheets and a soft whimper made Jongin froze on his spot. Should he feign slumber? Should he greet her? Should he defend himself in case that pretty girl doesn't remember anything and accuse him of ? Should he get the marriage certificate that he saw on top of the bedside table? Should he --?

"Jongin, I won't kill you but I will if you won't stop squirming and give me more time to sleep," the muffled threat had Jongin rolling off his bed and landing with a thud. The impact wasn't light and Jongin winced when he sat up only to squeak when a curtain of dark brown hair came into view.

The giggle that erupted from his wife turned into full blown laughing as she rolled on the bed while clutching her stomach. Sensing his frown, she pushed her hair back and stopped laughing and offering an apologetic smile.

"Sorry, Jongin but you looked fun to tease."

"Well, at least one of us finds this funny," he mumbled in response petulantly. It hurt his pride that he has just embarrassed himself in front of her, his wife and a stranger to boot.

"Hey, are you mad?" there was disbelief in her question and Jongin huffed. He was already being judged by her.

"I am not."

"It seems like you are."

"I. Am.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter