Announcements Day

It Started with a Drink
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A couple of meters away, Kyungsoo could already see a house and it doesn't take a genius to know whose house it will be. Or probably already theirs since it's Jongin and there is a high chance that he has already bought it.

Their driveway is a bit long but she likes it and their new massive lawn is just perfect. They could easily hold parties there and she could already imagine their triplet's birthday set up there. It's a bungalow but it's a very spacious one, a contrast to their current penthouse but it will be a nice change. She can't wait to explore the whole house and see if her husband has already assigned rooms or if he hasn't, she is more than willing to take that task.

"I love it already, Ni," she informed Jongin who has just parked to where their lawn starts. As she was lost in her thoughts, she hasn't noticed that he has grown quiet and fidgety during the last minutes that they had driven from the turn to their driveway. A little budge from Kyungsoo is what has jolted him out of his unfocused thoughts.

How hard could it be to propose to his wife?

"Huh?" he asked, still a bit distracted. Kyungsoo frowned at this.

"Isn't this our new house?" she tilted her head in confusion and mild disappointment. She would feel really sad if she has assumed wrong. She has already had perfect little plans for this particular house.

Oh. "Yeah, Soo. This is ours. Do you like it?" Jongin saw the heart-smile on his wife and he beamed with her and patted his back mentally.

"This is the surprise? I was not really surprised but I loved it so don't worry," she reached for his hand and held it tight with both of hers. "This is perfect, Jongin. I don't actually mind where we live as long as it's with you and our children."

"Aren't I too lucky because I managed to get you right away on my first trial to get myself a wife?" he lifted their joined hands and he kissed both backs of her hands. "I will give you everything that is in my power. I may have wanted to work as a CEO before just to take over the legacy of my family but now, I am working mostly for you and our babies, our own family."

Kyungsoo let go of his hand to cup his cheeks and smile tenderly at her sweet CEO. "Thank you, Jongin. I could never ask for someone better to be the father of my children and my lifetime partner. I take pride that it seems that you have waited for me to come into your life because you're made just for me, Ni. And I love you for that."

Jongin thinks that it is the best timing to do his proposal. Screw their audience and the waiting banner inside their new house that bears the question that he wanted to ask her so bad. He's right there at the right place and moment, so he took advantage of it.

"Kim Kyungsoo, I know that we've already agreed to spending our lifetimes together but..." he reached for the ring inside his pocket and the comical widening of his wife's eyes got him chuckling in amusement when he opened the little velvet box in front of her. "... I want to do it properly, uhmm, as properly as I could since we're already having kids, so will you marry me properly this time, Mrs. Kim? With our families and friends witnessing our vows and for the world to know that we aren't just that spur-of-the-moment alcohol-induced couple but partners in love until our next lifetimes?”

Kyungsoo's multiple 'yes, oh god Ni, yes, yes, yes!' were lost in her happy sobs and the sweetest kiss that they have shared by far.

 

 

 

It was clear when the Kims had been parked for too long that Jongin has gone back on the original plan and Baekhyun sighed defeated. That dumb CEO just couldn't do as laid out when it comes to Kyungsoo. Gone is the driven and determined CEO Kim Jongin when it involves Kim Kyungsoo and Baekhyun couldn't hold it against the guy. 

"Baekhyun, you've gone quiet," Yifan asked from beside him on his right and he felt an arm wrapping around his shoulders. Baekhyun sighed and let himself be held because the feeling may be different that what he wanted, it still feels nice. Being cared for feels nice so he doesn't have the heart to continually push the persistent yet sincere Chinese businessman.

"Well, it seems like we won't be able to surprise Kyungsoo anymore," he shrugged and Yifan squeezed his left shoulder with a fond smile directed at him. The front door opened, revealing both Jongin and Kyungsoo who were teary eyed. Baekhyun groaned as he stepped out from where he and Yifan had been hiding.

"You just wasted all of my efforts, you ," he grumbled towards Jongin who is now directing Kyungsoo who is looking at the banner with an interested smile.

"Hey!" Jongin protested with a pout as the others came out from hiding with confused faces. "I was so nervous on the way here and what matters is that she said yes!" he looked like a kid on Christmas day as he raised their ent

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter