The Kim Boys

It Started with a Drink
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin is dead tired. The company is doing well but then there is a looming effect of inflation that he and his team should prepare for. It's not going to happen tomorrow but according to the reports, it's better to be equipped than be sorry. It has been four months since he's fully gotten back to being the head of Kim Corp and that has reminded him that his boys will be celebrating their sixth month birthday tomorrow and he is very much excited, his fatigue vanishing as he thought of his boys.

He readily packed his things and dialed his wife, waving goodbye to Taemin who given him a brief smile and a wave back. Kyungsoo has answered on the third ring.

"Hey love. How are the boys?"

"Well, Jongsoo's asleep, Jokyung's with me and Baek's here," Kyungsoo reported and Jongin groaned at the last bit.

Don't get him wrong. He really doesn't hate Baekhyun because he is a natural with kids and he's been a big help with the boys even though they have Yixing. Caring for three babies is not easy. But he is sulky around Kyungsoo's bestfriend, yes, because Kyungin, their youngest by a minute after Jongsoo, is greatly attached to Baekhyun and on top of that, one look at Kyungin and one could see the resemblance he has with his uncle Baekkie.

Jongin still sulks about it even after six months.

All he could do is sigh in defeat though so he informs his wife he'll be home soon.

"Drive safely, Ni. Love you."

Those words never fails to put a smile on the CEO's lips. "See you, Soo. And I love you, too."

So he pulls out of the parking lot looking forward to coming back home with his little angels and his beloved wife.

 

 

It's quite noisy as he got inside their new house. It was a good thirty-minute drive compared to his fifteen-minute drive to his penthouse before but this is for their triplets. He pats himself at the back because he made a good decision on buying their new house but then he remembers that Baekhyun helped with his choice as well when he was preparing for his proposal to Kyungsoo.

He convinces himself to treat Baekhyun better because he is not competition. He's still with Yifan and they seem to still be happy even though Baekhyun shows it in a weird way.

He was leaving his shoes when he heard simultaneous squealing and wailing so he hurried up so he could help with his sons. He always makes time for them, no matter how tired he is.

His eye is twitching when he saw Kyungin and Baekhyun squealing at each other. It's rather cute but he's a jealous dad. It was Jongsoo who was wailing because it seems like he just woke up and is looking for Kyungsoo, like he always does. He saw Jokyung twisting his head to look at his crying brother, who is in Yixing's arms, as their nurse made his way towards his wife. He rushed towards her for a kiss on her cheek.

"Hi babe. Gimme Kyung," he reached his hands out. Kyungsoo smiled at her husband and shifted their eldest so she could hand him over to Jongin. The first thing he did when he got his son is kiss both of his chubby cheeks and then his forehead. Jokyung is a smiley baby and he got Kyungsoo's smile that sets him apart from his brothers. And then his red wrist band.

Even though Jongin got a few slaps on his cheek courtesy of his excited son, he is still smiling goofily at him.

"How is daddy's baby boy, huh? You been good to mommy and Yixing?" he nuzzled their noses together making Jokyung giggle and slap him again. Oh well. At least his kid is happy.

He turned to see Jongsoo now calmed down and is being fed by Kyungsoo. His sharp eyes noted that both Yixing and Baekhyun are now tending to Kyungin on the opposite side of the room. Jongin is an idiot, possessive conscious husband and he's not comfortable people seeing Kyungsoo feed their babies.

Jongin sat beside his wife who welcomed him with a smile as she hummed to a sleepy, yet again, Jongsoo. They just sat in silence minding their share of the triplets until Jongsoo falls asleep again and Jokyung is yawning. It's about their bed time, anyway. The Kims agreed to switch so that Jongin could hold Jongsoo. Their middle baby with his blue wrist band rested his head on his dad's chest, one of his thumbs stuck inside his mouth.

"Your mom says that he looks just like you when you were a baby," Kyungsoo said as Jokyung is looking at her in wonder. She kissed his nose and he sleepily giggled.

"I'm a very cute baby then," Jongin gloated as he held his sleeping baby's back for support. Kyungsoo leaned over and kissed his cheek.

"You're still cute until now," she mused and they are both standing up to get their babies into their cribs. They entered the mint green themed nursery and settled their babies in their color coded cribs as well. They settled Jongsoo into his baby blue crib and he snuggled into his pillow immediately. Kyungsoo chuckled as she set down Jokyung who is rubbing his eyes cutely as he yawned again. The moment she the mobile, Jokyung finally closed his eyes with a smile on his lips.

Two down. The husband and wife looked at each other knowingly and they both heaved a deep breath. Their youngest is the most... challenging when it comes to bedtime. Jongin led the way with his wife on his heels and as predicted, even though his brothers are already in dreamland, Kyungin is still very much awake, squealing at the stupid faces that his uncle Baekhyun makes at him.

"Baek, it's Innie's bedtime now," Kyungsoo reminded her bestfriend because he tends to forget it while playing with Kyungin who he claims would be his and Kyungsoo's son should they have one. Needless to say, Kyungsoo had to nurse her pouty husband for the whole day when Baekhyun joked that before.

Baekhyun pouted and Kyungin's lips trembled for a bit until his bottom lip jutted into a pout. Baekhyun was delighted and he squeezed Kyungin's cheeks.

"He just copied me! You really are the cutest baby in the whole world!" he exclaimed and Kyungsoo had to clamp his mouth shut because he might wake the other two who is peacefully sleeping. Kyungin, on the other hand, sat fascinated into Jongin's arms who is also pouting. His son's hand touched his nose and then his lips before he made another pout as he looked into his dad's eyes.

Kyungsoo saw this and she smirked at her bestfriend. "His dad's a pouty baby, too. Kyungin's just a natural."

Jongin doesn't know whether to be happy or to pout even more.

 

 

Every 13th of the month, they celebrate their triplets' monthly birthday. They always invite family and closest friends to eat and celebrate with them. Their sixth month is special, however, since Jongin and Kyungsoo now allowed gifts to be given to their boys. If they had allowed it every month, their house might already be flooded with baby things.

Jongsoo is feeling more energetic than usual while Jokyung and Kyungin are giving their mom a hard time to get them dressed into penguin onesies that correspond to their colored bands. The Kims decided on this because it is easier to track the kids instead of pressuring themselves into setting their kids apart.

Jongin decided to join the dressing party and they were able to dress all three of them and g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter