Let's Start Our Forever

It Started with a Drink
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo was awakened by her phone and the ringtone blaring made her smile. Without taking much more time, she reached for the device and swiped the screen to answer the call. She heard a yawn first that triggered her own and she chuckled with the other person on the other end of the call.

"Good morning, love," Jongin rasped and Kyungsoo smiled affectionately.

"Good morning too, love. What are you doing this early?" she asked teasingly. Jongin has developed a habit of sleeping in and only coming to the company by ten in the morning, except for when he has early breakfast meetings. He uses the excuse of bringing their boys to Sunshine but Kyungsoo knows better. She snickered when she heard him whine.

"I'm just super excited, okay? Mom won't even let me have my phone yesterday!" he continuously whined. "Damn wedding traditions. You know how I am when I don't see you, wifey," his pout is evident in his voice and Kyungsoo sighs contently. Even after being together for almost four years, some things just never change. And she doesn't want it any other way.

"There, there, hubby. You'll see me soon enough," she placated her husband. Honestly, it's not like this wedding will change anything in their relationship. It's more like just a simple renewal of vows but still, it's so much different from the first time that they got married.

"You have nothing to worry about, Mrs. Kim. I'm sure Baekhyun did a good job. He'll be damned if he didn't," Jongin sensed that Kyungsoo was thinking hard about something as her silence stretched.

"Of course, that's Baek. He won't even let me fit my gown yesterday! Damn wedding traditions!" she imitated his ranting from before and Jongin chuckled.

"So what's bothering you, baby?"

Kyungsoo exhaled and inhaled deeply. "I'm just thinking, if we weren't drunk that night when we got married the first time, do you think we'll be here right now, Ni?"

"Ahh, Soo. I thought I told you that we would've ended up together still? Are we not soulmates and all that cheesy crap that I love because they all point you towards me no matter what happens to the world?"

Kyungsoo sighed and rolled over her bed that she slept on alone upon her bestfriend's and her mothers' insistence. "But come to think of it, we were drunk then but we still ended up like this," she paused in wonder. "I think that it's pretty magical, yeah? We were strangers then, Ni. For some reason, we haven't met before that night when we had plenty of chances before; we're not exactly worlds apart. Then something has brought us together, almost brought us apart but then we still had our boys and then another one on the way..."

She choked on her words as her brain-to-mouth filter failed her. It wasn't supposed to come out like that. She facepalmed herself and she's about to roll on her belly when she remembered that little detail that she has to be extra careful again. Jongin was quiet on the other end of the call and Kyungsoo could almost see him gaping. She shrugged. The cat's out of the bag.

"Y-you're pregnant? Soo, are you saying you're pregnant?!" her husband's voice went up an octave higher with each sentence. Kyungsoo giggled.

"Says the tests I took and Dr. Song. I actually saw her before we went here in Jewel," she relayed. She has been planning to keep it a secret until later when they're alone but then she slipped. Her lips are tugged upwards as she caressed her relatively flat belly. She could feel her scar from the boys and she just feels happy for another blessing that has been given to her and Jongin.

"Oh god. This is the best wedding gift ever, baby," Jongin was already sniffing and Kyungsoo wishes that she's there to hold him and the both of them to share their joy. "I mean I love the boys so much but since they are growing up so fast, I miss having a baby around."

"Your sons are a rowdy bunch, Mr. Kim," Kyungsoo teased.

Jongin groaned. "I swear it's only Innie but then, through their triplets bond of something, his brothers are following him!" he protested. "That brat hates me."

"You baby," Kyungsoo tutted. "You're afraid of your own son?"

"I don't know who he took after. Mom says I'm a pretty quiet baby. Maybe it's from your side, baby."

"Are you forgetting that Innie's Baek's spawn?" his wife was cackling and the sound of has always been infectious for Jongin.

"Yeah. Yeah. But I miss them, though," he confessed. It's just around seven in the morning and the sun rays are just peeking in his room's curtains. Thank goodness, the weather is looking great but it didn't distract him enough from the thought of his little princes. "I bet they'll look handsome later."

"Did you even doubt your genes, Kim Jongin?" Kyungsoo huffed. "Our sons will undoubtedly be the cutest kids out there," she declared proudly. She has seen their little tuxedos and she just prays that they won't give people a hard time to get them in their clothes.

"But really, wifey? Another baby? Another little Kim?" Jongin asked breathlessly. It's just amazing to have this kind of news on the day that will most probably be one of the most memorable days of his life.

"Yeah. I kinda recognized the signs from when I was pregnant with the boys so I took the tests and according to Dr. Song, I'm around five weeks in. Your does wonders, love. One time you were too lazy to get a and you get me pregnant again," she teased. How she wishes to see her whiny husband right then.

"But I don't regret that. Our little one is a product of our love, Soo," she heard some rustling from the sheets and Kyungsoo followed suit as she slipped off the bed.

"What if it's another triplets?"

"I really don't care. I just want you and our baby or babies to be healthy. I'll work my off for you still," Jongin vowed.

"You're the CEO of Kim Corp, Ni. You don't need to work your off. Ask Sehun to do that for you," Kyungsoo snickered and Jongin was guffawing at the same time.

"I can't wait to tell that to Sehun."

Three fast raps on Kyungsoo's door then a click made her roll her eyes. Sure enough, Baekhyun is entering her room, all freshened up.

"Get your to the showers, Soo!" he yelled as he slightly pushed his bestfriend towards the direction of the bathroom.

"Why is Baekhyun there early, Soo?" Jongin asked in an annoyed voice. One thing that hasn't changed is how Jongin sees and treats Baekhyun though they work well together. Kyungsoo finds this amusing.

"You said so yourself, Ni. Baek is doing a good job and he's here to make sure you forget your name when you see me later at the altar."

Baekhyun clucked his tongue impatiently. "Stop the early cheese, you two. You'll see each other in a few hours. Wait a bit more!"

"Tell him to mind Chanyeol and not bother you this early! I wanna talk to you more, Soo," Jongin jabbed back. "What else did Dr. Song say?"

"Well..."

"If you won't let Soo off the phone, I swear to everything you own, Kim Jongin, I will be the one to bathe her and I will tell you every single detail of it!" Baekhyun burst out and Kyungsoo put away her phone just in time.

"DON'T YOU DARE, BYUN BAEKHYUN! FINE! Bye wifey! I love you! See you later!" Jongin cheerfully ended his threat and there was a beep and a whimper of pain followed.

"Ouch, Soo. What was that for?"

Kyungsoo glared at her bestfriend. "If Jongin looks like a kicked puppy later, I will kick you in the balls, Byun Baek."

Baekhyun shook his head. "You won't. I'm keeping you on schedule, Soo! We need to get your hair and make-up done by eleven! So go there now and scrub yourself good. You will thank me later."

 

 

 

Luhan is busying herself with fixing her daughter's dress. Meili has always been an active kid and her energy could compete with the Kim boys so it's a bit of a challenge when she tries to put hairpins on Meili's bun but she's wanting to go over her Aunt Soo, curious to what is being done to her. But Luhan can't have her baby looking disheveled even before the ceremony.

"Baby girl, please stay put for mama," she pleaded and thankfully, Meili allowed to be lifted. Luhan gripped her sides firmly and heaved her up to kiss her for being a good girl. "That wasn't so hard, right?"

"Mama, Auntie Soo pretty," she said admiringly towards the bride and Luhan couldn't help but agree and think back to her own wedding almost five years ago. Kyungsoo is indeed looking stunning even though she has requested for the lightest make-up as possible. She wasn't even in her gown and when Luhan saw it after bugging Baekhyun, she was awed.

But she didn't expect less from the Queen of Kim Corp, as she was dubbed by many.

She smiled at Meili and brushed back a stray hair by her ear. "I agree, baby. Auntie Soo is pretty."

Meili has stayed close even after Luhan has set her down, in fear that her pretty dress will get dirty. She notes this behavior of her daughter and filed it away for future use. The matriarchs of both the Kims and Dos are also getting their hair and make-up done. Johyun is also seated on one of the seats, awaiting for her turn with Minseok, whose baby bump has gotten bigger the last time that they have talked about two weeks ago. They didn't have a big entourage because Jongin and Kyungsoo wanted to keep the ceremony and celebration after to be exclusive for family and closest friends.

They've had enough of some nosy paparazzi tailing them all the time. Kyungsoo is particular with their privacy and Jongin agrees with her wholeheartedly after their fiasco a few years back.

But in compromise, he will allow their official media manager to release some material to share to the public. After all, they are still public figures and something as significant as the second wedding of one of the most followed couple in Korea would surely be the talk of the town for some time.

Luhan stopped herself from seeing Kyungsoo before her look was complete. She wanted to surprise herself as well. All she's sure of is that Kyungsoo's hair is neatly bunched up in a bun and it was embellished with glittering stones. A mini comb was slid by the beginning of the bun and it's most likely going to hold the veil on for the bride. Her wedding gown is hung neatly on one movable rack and Luhan is pretty much excited to see it on her friend while having nostalgic thoughts about her own wedding.

But then she was called by one of the stylists as Mrs. Do has finished. The mother of the bride is looking gorgeous and Luhan complimented her out loud, earning a jealous demand from Jongin's mother to give her a comment on her looks as well. This made her miss her own mother and made a mental note that maybe they could visit her family in China after the wedding. Sehun would probably agree because it has been quite some time when they have last seen the Xis.

Luhan's hair was done first, similarly to what has been done with Kyungsoo's but simpler. She heard Meili laughing with the in-laws and she relaxed with a small smile, waiting for her own face to be buffed up. She didn't know when she has closed her eyes but they snapped open when she heard gushing from behind her. She asked for her stylist to let her see what's happening and she understood.

Kyungsoo is already in her gown and looking nothing short of divine.

Mrs. Do is tearing up while Mrs. Kim is raining praises on her daughter-in-law, putting color to her cheeks and she's perfect. Meili has been moving around her Auntie Soo and chanting 'pretty!' over and over in between her giggles. Kim Kyungsoo did embody the blushing bride quite well and Luhan couldn't feel more proud. She has been one of the first people to know the real story behind the love between her long time friend and her unprecedented wife and now, she's seeing them get married like they should've before. She was a witness as to how that accidental meeting turned into a destiny fulfilled for two people.

"Mom, come on, stop that," Kyungsoo whined when Kyungmi continuously dabbed a handkerchief over her eyes but not leaving any smudge - the wonders of waterproof make-up.

"It's just... this is a dream come true for me Kyungie," Kyungmi sniffed. "The first time you got married hastily, I was disappointed because I didn't get to see you wearing a wedding gown and looking so beautiful and I didn't get to bring you down the aisle with your father. You are our one and only princess and I can't help but picture your marriage inside my head long before you've considered it. Nonetheless, you're here in front of me and the first part of my dream is done. I only have to bring you later to the altar and formally pass you to Jongin. Oh dear, I'm gonna dry again!"

"Mom..." the bride called and from the looks of it, she's holding back her own tears as she hugged her mother tightly. "Nothing's gonna change after this anyway. We're just going through all the motions of a proper wedding because my husband is a sap."

"And I've never been prouder," Kibum added and she pulled her daughter-in-law for a hug of her own. "I just want to thank you, Kyungsoo. You brought happiness in my son's life and you have given us three cute little boys. I couldn't have asked for a better wife for my son. So thank you, honey," she then patted both of Kyungsoo's cheeks gently before letting go. "I can't wait to see Jongin's reaction when he sees you. You're so gorgeous, dear," Kibum added with a playful wink.

Luhan was urged by her stylist so that she could continue working on her and not long after, Baekhyun came knocking and when he stepped inside, three little gentlemen followed suit and they almost jumped on their mommy if not for the adults stopping them with Meili who stood in front of her Auntie Soo.

As the triplets aged cutely, it became easier to distinguish them. Jokyung has the fairest skin out of the three and he looks like the male version of Kyungsoo when he smiles. Jongsoo has, relatively, the darkest skin (if light tan could be considered dark) and he always has this sleepy eyes that won't make you wonder when you see him sleeping peacefully everywhere. Kyungin's skin tone is a balance between his slightly elder brothers and well, his smile still looks like Baekhyun's but when he smirks mischievously, he has gotten that from Jongin.

But then the three of them are all mommy's boys and they whined for her at the same time. "Mommy!"

"Wow, Soo. You're making me regret not snatching you away," Baekhyun teased but then he needed to duck when a flying hair brush flew his way. "Shut up!"

"Aww. Don't you think mommy's beautiful, you three?" Baekhyun then turned to the triplets who both turned to him in sync. They're three different persons but then no one won't question that they are indeed brothers; they're adorable like that.

"Yes!" they chorused. "Mommy, up!" Jokyung raised his arms to highlight his request but then his brothers copied him. Their demands increased in volume and Kyungsoo had to slowly bend her knees to keep herself from wrinkling her pretty dress. When she's leveled with her triplets, she patted their heads once, starting from Kyungin, then Jongsoo and Jokyung.

"Mommy can't play with you right now but maybe later? If you do what we practiced and be good boys, we'll play, okay?" she bargained, smiling. Her boys have been cooperative though Kyungin tends to pull his brothers into some kind of mess but they were manageable. Their wedding planner scheduled a practice for the entourage because of the boys being the ring, coin and bible bearers and Meili as their flower girl. And maybe Jongin is just too excited that he wants to reassure himself that everything is going to be perfect.

Jokyung pouted but nodded while Jongsoo shrugged but Kyungin whined. "My! Up!"

"Nope, baby boy. Come here," Baekhyun lifted the whining toddler and narrowed his eyes at him. Kyungsoo chuckled on the side after kissing her two other boys on their foreheads making Jokyung smile again and Jongsoo smile sheepishly. Everytime that Baekhyun and Kyungin has this stare down, Kyungin cutely takes after his daddy whenever Jongin is being teased by her bestfriend.

"Baekkie~" Kyungin pouted and a smacked Baekhyun on his shoulder. "Down please."

But the elder ignored him and faced Kyungsoo who is up on her feet with a stylist fussing on some more details of her look. If he hasn't moved on yet and fixed the friendship to its best shape as he could, he would be feeling his heart thumping inside his chest, drumming uncontrollably because he has never seen Kyungsoo look this beautiful, content and happy.

He has been long reassured over and over that his bestfriend is ever in good hands with Kim Jongin but seeing her standing in front of him in a wedding dress makes everything so final and set on stone. It makes everything certain and perfect as they could ever be on the Kims.

"We just came here to report to your dad about mommy right? He's like a chicken running headless because he can't talk to you right now. He thinks you're going to run away," he turned his head to Kyungsoo in the middle of talking and he caught her rolling her eyes but with a fond smile on her lips.

"Is that true? Daddy wants to see mommy?" she addressed her triplets and they nodded in unison, making them look all too adorable with their in sync charms. Kyungsoo smiled openly now. "Then tell daddy that I will meet him later at the altar, okay?"

Jokyung nodded fervently and he pulled Jongsoo who pouted from being taken away from his mommy while Kyungin flailed about to be let down and followed his brothers only to be held back by Meili who gripped his immaculate suit.

"Innie, Meimei come?" she tilted her head and fisted her little hand tighter on the boys clothes. It's a wonder how the little girl was able to discern the triplets apart, even Sehun gets confused sometimes, but it's helpful.

"Yes!" Kyungin nodded and held Meili's arm and they giggled their way out of the room. Baekhyun also started to the door but not without kissing his bestfriend's cheek.

"I'm gonna make sure all your boys are okay. Did I already say that you're breathtaking?"

Kyungsoo chuckled to push her tears back aa she felt strangely emotional over her bestfriend's help throughout the years, even after their almost fall out. "Thanks, Baekkie. I love you."

Baekhyun scowled but Kyungsoo saw his eyes turned glassy for a moment and she let him be. They can't be crying by this time. Better save it for later.

"I'll go now, ladies," he bowed with a wink before rushing out to cheek on the kids who have left on their own.

 

 

 

For some unfathomable reason, Jongin is so nervous. Was it because the first official event in the Jewel is his second wedding to his one and only wife, better half and soulmate? Was it because he hasn't seen her since two days ago - that was their last rehearsal? Was it because Baekhyun is taking too long to come back after he convinced him to go check

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter