Married Life - Day 6 (part 2)

It Started with a Drink
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Aish! Why can't people let others sleep in peace?!" Jongin annoyingly threw the covers off of him in favor of answering his phone. He vaguely remembers another phone ringing from earlier that must've been Kyungsoo's and that is most likely the reason why his wife went out. To get it over with, he swiped the screen angrily and hurt himself by putting the phone harshly over his ear. He groaned at his idiocy.

"Kim," he greeted in a clipped tone because it cannot be Kyungsoo since he had preset a special ringtone for her which he has never done before. For convenience, he told himself. The call is probably from Sehun who might be after his already even though he said that he only gets to work on the coming Monday.

But he was wrong and he wished that he wasn't.

"Jongin, my boy! When are you coming down here to introduce your wife, eh?"

Said boy shot up from his bed with wide eyes. "Grandpa?"

"The one and only," the old man chuckled and for some reason, Jongin finds that cringe worthy. "You better let me meet her as soon as possible... Oh, you're not coming to the office ‘til Monday, correct? Get here now, Jongin. I want to meet my granddaughter-in-law."

"What? Where? In the office?" he is panicking. This shouldn't be happening just yet.

"That's not really appropriate for a family meeting," his grandpa thought out loud. "Here at the house, then."

Jongin fumbled inside his mind for a good response but he just can't say anything that could change his grandpa's mind. In fact, he finds it extremely difficult to say no to the old man. For one, well, he is old and another is because Jongin has a lot of respect for him, singlehandedly started Kim Corp from scratch. He doesn't want to see his grandfather looking at him with disappointment and thus, ending him with his situation at the moment.

"Uh, yeah. Sure."

"Excellent! Now get ready and take her to lunch here. I'm going to ask them to cook especially for this..."

"Look, grandpa. You don't have to..."

"Hush, boy. Just humor me on this, okay? I've been waiting for a long time for great grandkids and I want to see them before I die..."

"Kim Jiyoung," Jongin sighed as his grandpa's name left his lips but it is the only effective way to get the old man to stop rambling. "Don't talk about that lightly. It's not a laughing matter."

"And here I thought that being married will make you change. Loosen up, kid and have fun!"

"Whatever, ancient stud."

"This is how you talk to your grandfather? Ridiculous. Just, bring your wife, Jongin and then we will talk about you making my great grandkids soon, yeah?"

"Wh-what?!" the younger felt his cheeks heat up from what he has just heard. "No, old man. You will scare my wife away!"

He heard his grandpa scoff. "Whatever, Jongin. I'll see you both later!"

"W-wait! Grandpa..!" but there was already a beeping sound on the line. Jongin fell back on his bed and ruffled his hair in a stupid mess. He better start finding Kyungsoo as soon as possible.

 

 

Fortunately, Jongin didn't really need to go far since Kyungsoo was just in the café below.

Unfortunately, he found her with swollen eyes and her face was swelling a little. Both caused by crying. Kyungsoo cried again while he was not there right away to comfort her or even ask what has happened and he is feeling slightly incompetent. He can't even watch over his wife properly and stop anything from making her cry.

That's what a good husband should be doing, right?

Also, he was surprised to see Luhan with her. He raised his eyebrow at this. Just the day before, his bestfriend's wife was not as accepting to Kyungsoo, even mentioning Soojung who had become his friend instead of getting romantically involved, in contrary to what Luhan had hoped.

Kyungsoo was leaning on the slightly older lady and Luhan is patting her hand that was on the table as some kind of gesture to attempt to comfort her.

Luhan finally noticed him and gave him a small wave before beckoning him towards their table. Kyungsoo looked at his direction and Jongin still thinks that she's still cute even though she has just been crying. He took the seat beside his wife and reached for her right hand and held it tight in his.

"What happened, Soo?" he called his wife but he is half glaring at his friend who was wearing an innocent expression. Kyungsoo squeezed his hand and when he turned his attention to her, she shook her head and smiled weakly. Dubious, he looked again at Luhan who just sighed and shrugged.

Jongin could ask the more pressing questions later but he needs to prepare Kyungsoo and brief her that they will be meeting not only his grandfather but their whole family probably. They have planned to let their families know formally by next week so that they could prepare a little more but Jongin has not factored in the old man's stalker-ish tendencies.

But with Kyungsoo looking vulnerable like this, he doubts if it will be a good idea though it will not hurt to ask.

"Will it be okay if we go to my old house, Soo?" he asked anxiously and it built up more and more when she has remained silent after a lot of seconds. "Uhm, you see, my grandpa called and he told me to bring you over for lunch," he added but with no real enthusiasm, thinking that he had made Kyungsoo more upset.

Luhan looked back and forth between the couple and she could only imagine what it will be like later at the Kim household. She has been around Jongin long enough to know how they are. "Okay, I'll leave you two. I need to be in the office," she lifted her bag from the seat next to her and she laid her hand on Kyungsoo's shoulder, "Good luck!" and she went on her merry way towards the exit.

Kyungsoo looked up to see how Jongin is looking remorseful. She wanted to speak and assure him that she's fine but she doesn't need to lie to herself. After telling Luhan everything that Jongin is yet to know, she felt like all of her energy was out of her system, just like how she was feeling before she fled.

So she settled for cupping his face and turning his head towards her and she bobbed her head once. Jongin understood and smiled at her which she found contagious, even though she only managed to lift the ends of her lips slightly.

"I'll have breakfast first and then we go up and laze some time and then we leave. That good?" he tucked a stray strand of her hair at the back of her right ear, his fingertip grazing lightly on her earlobe.

The swift but sweet peck on his lips was what he got in reply and Jongin couldn't have wished for a better answer.

 

 

Putting the skinship issue behind them (both are quite surprised at how fast they worked on that department), Jongin and Kyungsoo needs to know what questions to answer, which one to glaze over and what to ignore based on their barely-there relationship. Kyungsoo can't stop squirming on her seat and she sees that Jongin turns his head from time to time to check on her subtly, his eyes shifting slightly off the road.

She took a deep breath and for the first time since the café, Kyungsoo decided that she could manage to talk to Jongin now. "Ni, we need to review our facts about us."

Jongin felt relieved as he heard Kyungsoo speak again. "Okay, I'm fine, with that. You start then."

"So you are Kim Jongin, 25, born on January 14, and the present Chief Operations Officer of the Kim Corp. Your father, Kim Jonghyun, is the current CEO while your grandpa, Kim Jiyoung, is the chairman. Your mother, Kim Kibum, manages your home and your father," Kyungsoo chuckled lightly at this as she recalled some stories that Jongin has shared with her.

"You have a cousin, Kim Jongdae, who had been living with you since his parents have died when he was young. Your bestfriend is Oh Sehun whom you've met when you were in middle school and he's married to Luhan and they met when he was a junior in college and Luhan was on the student exchange program.

You've studied in SNU and got your degree in Business Management after two years. This is the reason why you asked for a couple of months’ vacation as a gift. You went to California and we met there."

Jongin was impressed with how Kyungsoo said all that as if those were information that she has known for years. It's not that he couldn't do that himself but he's afraid that his emotions may get the best of him.

"You are Do Kyungsoo, before our marriage, of course. 26 and born on January 12. You currently own and teach Sunshine Kindergarten in Seoul. Your father, Do Sunghyun, is the CEO of the Do Group while your brother, Do Seungsoo, will be taking that position in a few months’ time. Your mother, Do Kyungmi, is managing her own restaurant, Heart Pots."

Jongin paused because that is actually all he knows about the people involved in Kyungsoo's life. Well, he knew who Baekhyun and Chanyeol is in her life but he doesn't think that it will help if he mentions that right then. Clearing his throat, he looked at Kyungsoo for a moment and decided to continue.

"You were offered to continue your studies on Child Education in the University of California for your senior year and that is when we met," he took a deep breath and hopefully, he remembers all the details of their 'love story' during his vacation in California.

"We met in a café one morning when I approached you, asking if you were Korean as well. And from there, we clicked effortlessly and by the time we needed to leave, I didn't leave empty-handed when we exchanged numbers. We found ourselves texting everyday until I started offering to fetch you after classes and then we will grab something to eat and bring you home."

"The unofficial dates went on for a couple of weeks until I confessed that I like you and asked for us to be official," Jongin blushed but continued like it was nothing. "But you confessed as well that you have a boyfriend back in Korea," his voice went low as he thought of Chanyeol and what that jerk has done for Kyungsoo to turn desperate and want to make herself look bad.

"I tried to stay away then but I couldn't and I was the happiest when it was you who sought for me and told me that you like me, as well. You told me that you broke it off with your boyfriend but you actually did not."

Kyungsoo has a solemn expression on her face as she nods. "I allowed for us to have that relationship because I've really come to like you and we went out almost everyday, eating, watching movies or even just a stroll around. I was having the best time of my life in years because I had started to feel a little distant to my current relationship then.

We've went on for months until you heard me still talking to Ch-- my boyfriend then and decided that we should break whatever it was between us. Your flight back to Korea not much later after that has made things easier and the day of our breakup is what we thought the last time that we will see each other.

But we accidentally met again in a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter