Chanyeol Says

It Started with a Drink
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo couldn't help the blooming smile that threatens to grace her lips. She has been holding back ever since she and her mother has stepped out of the hospital for her scheduled appointment that she didn't mention to Jongin. As much as she appreciates how he makes time for her everytime she needs to go to her check-ups, it just wouldn't do for the CEO of a company as big as Kim Corp to be putting his personal matters at the forefront all the time.

She may be delicate (more so after the recent check-up) but she is not invalid. She could still go to Sunshine and teach her usual classes most days and she will only be forced to go home by Minseok is she looks particularly exhausted.

Kyungsoo makes a mental note to be more conscious for that, from now on.

"Kyungsoo, are you sure you don't want me to bring you up to Jongin's office?" her mother offered and she resisted the urge to roll her eyes.

"Mom, if you are already like that, I don't wanna know how Jongin will be," she sighed, scenarios of her husband's probable reaction to the reason why she is showing so much for a pregnant woman approaching the half of her second trimester played inside her head.

More than anything, Kyungsoo is truly ecstatic.

"You cannot tell me off on being worried, darling," her mother frowned in wariness. Kyungsoo sighed. Why are people always guilt tripping her into their wants?

"Sorry, mom. But I promise that I will be extra, extra careful from now on. It's just that I don't want my baby to stop me from living my life. It totally to just stay at home," she pouted and glared at the traffic they are trapped in.

"You know, darling, you've got a point. I just want the best for my grandkids and you."

Kyungsoo's irritation washed away like nothing. Damn hormones. "I understand, mom. Thank you. I love you."

Since they're still on the red light, Kyungmi turned her head towards her daughter and let a lone tear escape her eye. "My baby girl's all grown up now," she choked upon fighting back more tears that threatens to spill.

"Mom, stop that!" Kyungsoo protested as she felt her own tears coming. Her emotions are still over the place and her mother is not helping by getting all nostalgic on her. The light turned green and on the next turn, Kim Corp building is towering in their sights. Her mother chuckled as she let her handkerchief drop on her lap.

"But I'm happy for you, baby. All I want is to see you happy."

Kyungsoo beamed as her thoughts wandered to the biggest reasons of her happiness. A certain puppy CEO and her three blessings inside her womb. Add to that her beautiful family and in laws and friends. What's not to be happy about?

She simply hummed and the women exchanged smiles before they turned their attention to their nearing destination. After a few more minutes of comfortable silence, Mrs. Do has parked on the curb and Kyungsoo clutched her bag, poising to step out of the car, then she remembers something.

"Mom?"

"Yes, baby?"

"When you tell Mother about me... please don't throw another party until the baby shower, please."

Kyungmi let out a hearty laugh form her daughter's request, tramping her silent plans on hooking Kibum into a party, just like what Kyungsoo has predicted. "Okay, dear. No parties until the baby shower."

Narrowing her eyes, Kyungsoo is still dubious on what her mom is saying but she lets it go. No need to give her and her babies stress. She has herself smiling at that. Who knew Jongin's barely-out-of-ity could do wonders and end up making her carry three babies at the same time?

"I mean it, mom," she reached the short distance to kiss her mother's cheek. "Thanks for driving me here."

"I can't wait to know Jongin's reaction to this," Kyungmi thought aloud as she patted her daughter's cheek.

"I'll get to that as soon as I get out of the car and go to him. Bye, mom. Please drive safely," at tht, Kyungsoo stepped out of the car and waved as her mother drove down the road. She turned towards the entrance of her husband's building and ignored the people who might've recognized her on the street.

She has just walked past the automatic sliding doors and the security personnel greeting her with a bow when she has seen a familiar tuft of curly hair on top of a tall head. She walked briskly and when she reached within hearing distance, she called for the owner of the curly hair with a clear voice.

"Park Chanyeol!"

Said man almost spilled his newly bought Chai tea from the café on the ground floor of Kim Corp to soothe his exasperation budding from Yifan's irritating advances on Baekhyun that has been running ever since they have started the damn project on the Jewel, the luxury resort by the joint venture of three companies - one of which is his.

He wanted to give a piece of his mind on whoever has called his attention but then he saw Kyungsoo waving at him and he deflates, letting his fatigue take over him because of the lulling presence of his ex-fiancée but still one of the best of his friends.

She must've seen his dejected expression because she held onto his arm with a worry-filled eyes. "Are you okay, Chan?"

Seeing no point in lying to Kyungsoo, he shook his head and fought the urge to lean his forehead on the top of her head. He doesn't need to put Kyungsoo into some unnecessary rumors so he settled into smiling sadly and shaking his head.

He is thankful though, because if Johyun was there with him, he would've felt even more trapped than he already is. It's not like he could just blurt out to his fiancée that he is extremely jealous over his ex-lover getting pursued by some Chinese tower.

Kyungsoo knew that Chanyeol needs a friend and so she holds onto his wrist and led him back into the café and found seats that are somewhat private compared to standing in the middle of the lobby. She knew better than to not tell Jongin that she's in the building; he would know sooner or later. She sends him a message and telling him she's with Chanyeol.

Better safe than sorry.

She orders a vanilla milkshake for herself as she waited for Chanyeol to say something. During the wait, she received a whiny text from her husband that also clued her into what has made Chanyeol's day sour.

Why are you here in the building and not here rn beside me mrs kim?!?! I miss you (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

Park's gotten his in a twist bec ur bff seems not so irate on yifan anymore. Mybe scared and jealous af.

Kyungsoo has bits of information about this profound interest of Wu Yifan in Baekhyun. She has even asked Baekhyun about it but all she got is that he thinks that Yifan is hot. That's it. No clue if he's interested because even though he's pushing him away, according to her gossip-hounding husband, Baekhyun seems to be considering it as the days pass.

This might be the opportunity for her to know Chanyeol's side on things. If the other is finding it hard to know where to start , maybe Kyungsoo could ease him into it.

"Hey, Chan. Do you still love Baek?"

Chanyeol spat part of his tea as he heard the question and looked over Kyungsoo with wild eyes. Okay, maybe that's a bit forward.

"Wh-what?!" the poor guy sputtered as he fumbled for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter