Married Life - Day 26

It Started with a Drink
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Stop worrying, wifey. Everything's going to be fine," Jongin appeased his fidgeting wife in the passenger seat. Kyungsoo looked over him and relaxed a little. They are driving towards Heart Pots once more where the meeting of their families were arranged. They have been pressured to this since both of their families are excited to meet each other, considering that they have already been married for almost a month but could barely make time because of their busy schedules but at last, a dinner was squeezed that Saturday night.

"Sorry, Ni. I can't help it," Kyungsoo bit her lip. She's really dreading that day because she knows what her mom is going to do. She has been hinting it for many times already and she doesn't know what to do. Add to that Grandpa Kim's request and who wouldn't feel jittery as her if her family and her husband's is expecting a little baby as an addition to them?

Kyungsoo has been thinking about it at times, actually. She is considering entertaining the idea of having a baby for herself. She loves kids and that is one big factor why she is running Sunshine and she would love to have her own to shower her love to. But being pregnant is not easy and she can't help but ask herself if she is ready to be a parent. Add to that that even though she and Jongin had been going really well despite the fact that they have only known each other for as long as they were married, almost a month of living together doesn’t exactly mean that they know each other well enough.

Her love for kids and her uncertainty in her preparedness on being a parent is creating a chaos in her thoughts and it reflects as nervousness on the outside.

And Kyungsoo can't say anything at Jongin's seemingly psychic ability on reading her thoughts as he parked the car and laid his right hand on top of her entwined hands on her lap. He gave them a tender squeeze and when she looked towards him, she can't help but smile back when Jongin is sporting his eye crinkling one. She knows that he has picked on whatever was bothering her.

"Don't think about giving them grandkids yet, Soo. We'll get there," he winked and Kyungsoo cackled. When they fell silent, Jongin leaned in for a kiss that Kyungsoo welcomed. It was a mere peck but it wasn't any less special from the kisses that they have already shared. "Let's get inside?"

They were greeted by Seungsoo by the entrance. He lifted his sister and spun her a little making Kyungsoo shriek in embarrassment. Seungsoo was guffawing as he set her down and turned towards Jongin and gave him a one-arm manly hug. Kyungsoo rolled her eyes and hit her brother on his arm.

"You jealous kitten. It's not like I'm not going to take him from you," Seungsoo huffed.

"A little more and I will think just that," Kyungsoo retorted. She reached for Jongin's hand and they headed past the whining Seungsoo who brought up being single again. The Kims are on their way but the Dos are already seated at the table. Mrs. Do stood up and welcomed her daughter and her son-in-law with a big hug and a kiss on Kyungsoo’s cheek. CEO Do followed his wife, hugging his daughter and shaking Jongin’s hand. Seungsoo came in grumbling and Mrs. Do scolded him, making the other three laugh freely.

Then CEO Do engaged Jongin in business talk when his wife excused herself to go to the kitchen. Seungsoo sat next to Kyungsoo and leaned on her ear to whisper, “Have you heard anything from Baek?”

Kyungsoo sighed and her shoulders drooped. It took her almost a week to keep her mind off of her estranged bestfriend. “No, I haven’t.”

Seungsoo nodded but he didn’t lift his eyes off of his sister. “I know that you know the reason why he left. Tell me when you’re ready, Soo. Please,” she saw the sadness that was previously concealed from her brother’s eyes. “I think of him as a baby brother, you know? I can’t help but worry about him.”

There it was again; the guilt that was gnawing inside of Kyungsoo that makes getting Baekhyun out of her head hard. Jongin has reassured her that there was nothing that she could’ve done for her bestfriend. It was clear from the letter that he knew what he was doing and yet he still chose to play around with Chanyeol. She can’t blame Seungsoo because the elder knows nothing.

But what if he knew that Baekhyun was the reason why she has broken off her engagement with Chanyeol? Would he still be this concerned for the former? Would he still see Baekhyun as part of their family?

Kyungsoo wasn’t in the position to influence her brother. Despite everything that has happened, she can’t deny that she loves Baekhyun still. But she is still in the process of starting to patch herself up from all the wounds that he has inflicted on her. She loves Baekhyun, yes, but there was no denying how gravely hurt she was for putting up for years in a delusional relationship that she shared with him.

“Soo?” Jongin noticed Kyungsoo’s change in mood. He excused himself from his father-in-law and took the other seat beside his wife and took one of her hands in his.

She smiled weakly at him. “Oppa was just asking about… Baek.”

Jongin understood. He looked at Seungsoo who was looking anxiously at his sister. “He just told Soo that he’s leaving and then there was no news after that.”

The eldest sighed in defeat and sagged on his seat, completely devoid of his business man aura that most people usually see. “These brats are leaving me alone,” he sulked. Seeing her brother being a kid, Kyungsoo snorted and Jongin can’t help but laugh. It has been getting easier for him to be totally comfortable around his wife and he has almost no inhibitions around her anymore, just like what Kyungsoo wanted. He doesn’t mind that his wife still closes on him at times because he can see that she is trying and that is good enough already for Jongin.

The chiming sounds that came from the entrance alerted them of company and sure enough, Jongdae was the first to enter with his smirk as he inspected the whole place. Jongin stood up to meet his family with Kyungsoo in tow.

“Behave, Jongdae,” he hissed at his cousin, afraid that he might make a bad impression on his in-laws. He will not hesitate to castrate the elder if he screws up.

“Chill, man,” Jongdae clapped him on the shoulder and his smirk was replaced with a polite smile as he headed to greet Seungsoo. Grandpa Kim followed trailed by Jongin’s parents.

“I haven’t seen you for a while, you beautiful lady,” Grandpa Kim opened his arms opting to hug his granddaughter-in-law. Jongin groaned as he hugged his mom and dad.

“Stop being embarrassing, old man,” he huffed as he pulled Kyungsoo back to his side. His wife is smiling again and he made a mental note to actually thank his grandfather for the distraction.

“Welcome, mom, dad,” Kyungsoo greeted with a bow which Mrs. Kim dismissed and pulled her to a hug while her father-in-law is watching them fondly.

“Please come in,” Mrs. Do has appeared from the kitchen with her husband. They greeted the Kims and Jongin and Kyungsoo breathed in relief when everything is going smoothly. People were engaged in their own conversations, Kyungsoo’s parents with Jongin’s parents and grandpa while Seungsoo was talking with Jongdae about who knows what. This has left the couple a time to themselves. Jongin let himself be fed by Kyungsoo who has insisted that he let her do it.

Frankly, Jongin enjoys being babied by his wife. Nobody has done this to him because he shunned away excessive amounts of affection from his mother, claiming that he is a big boy who could handle himself. He didn’t have time to even consider properly dating, even after Luhan has forced him to some that wasn’t even remotely interesting. But with Kyungsoo, he openly accepts each spoonful of anything that he is being fed with and he will just have to deal later with Jongdae’s teasing about the stupid faces he makes to his wife’s amusement.

Kim Jongin is absolutely and completely whipped.

Kyungsoo, on the other hand, is enjoying herself. Jongin is being his adorable self and she just can’t help but indulge herself into feeding him. She feels like she’s taking care of one of her students and since this is Jongin, the fulfillment is doubled. They would sneak in kisses from time to time and since they were trapped in their own bubble, they didn’t notice the fond looks that their family is giving them, except for Seungsoo who looks sulky again and Jongdae who is fake gagging in his seat.

“Are we expecting little Jongins and Kyungsoos anytime soon?” Grandpa Kim asked. Kyungsoo’s hand stilled and Jongin almost whined if he hadn’t felt eyes on them. He cleared his throat and straightened his back to face the elders.

“We’re not in a hurry for that,” he answered in behalf of the two of them. “We just want to enjoy each other’s company first and it might be difficult with how our jobs might get in the way,” he finished. The last bits were just an impromptu thought but since it supports his argument, Jongin mentioned it as well. Kyungsoo sought his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter