Epilogue

It Started with a Drink
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun crossed his legs but spread his arms as he yawned without a care for the world. It's already past office hours so he could do whatever the hell he wants. Not like Jongin could do anything about it because he's there at the Kim Corp building while he, Byun Baekhyun, is right there in the heart if the Jewel without a hormonal, y and seven months very pregnant wife to look after.

At times like this that Baekhyun appreciates that he won't be one to handle that first hand because for one, he doesn't have a womb to carry those little nasties that are cute when they're still kids but they turn into little devils as they grow up (or maybe it's just the triplets because they're Kim Kyungsoo spawns) and second, his life partner (who's probably just a hallway away from him) doesn't have one too.

A knock on his office door told him that he's not that far away as he thought. He called him in and Chanyeol peeked inside with his head first and looking as if he saw something that made him happy (which he probably has). He took one step in and his long limbs followed then he headed towards the sitting Baekhyun in a few long strides. Chanyeol stopped as he turned the other's chair to face him and he bent down for a short peck on his lips.

This has been going on for months already but Baekhyun still has a few reservations but he has already decided to  it and give up on his and Chanyeol's game of tug of war. He could see the way that the taller CEO's eyes light up whenever they do something that they have done before but was forced to be kept a secret, just like kissing.

He could totally relate to that because kissing Chanyeol so openly finally makes him feel like he could do anything. That was what he has been missing from all those years before. With a childish pout, he raises his hands just like how Kyungin does it when he wants Baekhyun to carry him up and Chanyeol cackles but obliges.

It's a dumb sight to see two grown men in business suits where one is hugging the other like a koala but people are already gone from the office. They ought to know it by then because of past checking out of paranoia from before. They wouldn't want rumors to go around the office and have Jongin and Seungsoo's attention on the two of them. They wouldn't want to be assigned separately.

Chanyeol is the more rational out of the two of them so before they start something that is highly inappropriate in a work place, he moved them out of the office with Baekhyun hugging him and keeping himself in place with his limbs wrapped around the CEO. He felt kisses lightly pressed on the skin exposed on his neck and he shuddered in reflex.

"Baek, wait," he breathed but Baekhyun hummed noncommittally on his skin and the vibration he felt on his skin traversed the expanse of his body. This wasn't as hot as their capades before but the feeling is deeper and more meaningful. He'll prefer this in any day.

It was just a five minute walk from the offices to where he and Baekhyun are staying in the Jewel. The two of them have relocated there for easier access on managing the luxurious resort on top of wanting to rekindle their relationship after dodging it for so many times before with Baekhyun believing that with everything that has happened, Chanyeol might not be his destiny while Chanyeol waiting patiently still for him to make the move to come back into his open arms.

It wasn't easy but they know that they are the only ones who could fix whatever it is between them and they have to face their problems together, head on. Moving in at the same place turned to Baekhyun practically living with Chanyeol in his assigned unit and even though it is a slow process, there is progress.

At this point, they have both accepted that there's no use denying each other the happiness and contentment that only the other could give. What they had is some twisted and wicked drama that no one wants to experience but hell, it was one good teacher and they have learned so much from it. But it's already time for them to let go of anything that burdens them and hold each other tightly, just like how they did before.

It's just that now, they are free people.

"I'll shower and you start on our dinner," Baekhyun winked as he slid down Chanyeol's long body, earning him a whine from the taller for riling him up and then pausing everything. To make up for it, he pulled Chanyeol by his tie and kissed him deeply yet quickly. Before the CEO could even protest, his eyes are trailing behind the swaying hips of Byun Baekhyun heading towards his bathroom that has become theirs already.

 

 

"Baek?"

He responded to the voice that he has loved to wake up to and sleep to with a smile and a blind kiss that was caught by knowing lips. Baekhyun pulled away and pulled himself closer to the source of heat on the bed by tightening his arms around his neck. Chanyeol chuckled at his clinginess and indulged him more by pulling him closer and over his chest so he's lying on top of him.

"Yeollie, I'm still pretty sore, okay? Later?" Baekhyun mumbled sleepily and gave the bare chest he's lying on a peck before nuzzling his cheek on it.

"That's not what I was trying to say but I'll hold you to that," Chanyeol pointed out and a smack on skin echoed in the room.

"Then what, Mr. Park?" Baekhyun braced himself for the question. Chanyeol has been popping it up randomly and really, he catches Baekhyun in surprise most of the time or he will turn over anxious and guilty because Chanyeol wants to marry him.

It's not a question whether Baekhyun likes to or not. He loves Chanyeol. He loves him beyond reason and that is not the reason why he's afraid to answer Chanyeol's 'will you be Byun-Park, Baekkie?'. Baekhyun is still not sure whether what he could give Chanyeol would still meet his expectations after the marriage.

The ceremony goes beyond the feelings of love and declarations of it. Being in a relationship as boyfriends expects much less than between a married couple. It's a commitment and decision and Baekhyun is still warring with himself of he will be able to be the right person that Chanyeol needs in his life.

He still won't be able to give him an heir.

"Stop overthinking. You'll have early wrinkles, babe. It's not like I would mind but you will," Chanyeol chided him softly and kissed his forehead. Baekhyun opened his eyes and sighed deeply, their chests pressing even closer.

"Sorry."

"I was just going to tell you that I love you and greet you good morning," the CEO smiled and before Baekhyun could see it turn sad, he wrapped his arms around the smaller's waist and slid him up until he could tuck Baekhyun's head under his chin. "You're not ready for a wedding. I get that now. I'm sorry if you felt pressure by my questions. Don't worry about me, Baekkie. I'm not going anywhere. I will wait for you."

"What if there's nothing to wait for, Chan?" the smaller argued. "What if I will never be ready to get married?"

Chanyeol sighed this time and he cupped Baekhyun's head and lifted it a bit so he could look into those pretty eyes that he loves to be on him all the time. "Are you going to be with someone else?"

"No!" Baekhyun shook his head. "Goodness knows how well that ended, Chanyeol. So no. We're stuck with each other."

"Do you love me, Baek?"

"I won't be here if I don't."

A kiss stole Baekhyun's breath but he let it be and kissed back as fiercely as Chanyeol claimed his lips.

"Then that's all I need. The wedding will be just a formality but whatever floats your boat, baby. I don't care as long as you're mine and I'm always yours."

An out of breath Baekhyun couldn't speak out loud and so he let his lips talk for him.

 

 

Kyungjoo is a pretty little baby girl and Baekhyun deems her his favorite baby Kim (Kyungin lost because the damn kid is even worse than him and he's growing to be some sort of a combination of all the bad traits of his parents but he's a good kid still, probably). Her lips are Jongin's but her eyes are Kyungsoo's and she's just the cutest as she's drowned in all the pink things that Kyungsoo has stocked for her baby girl.

Jongin looks so damn whipped for his daughter and it amuses his wife even more while the boys couldn't wait to take turns into meeting their baby sister who they swore to protect from everything that is bad for her.

It looks like the little Kim princess will be a true blue princess through and through.

Kyungsoo is smiling at her boys when they have gathered around Jongin when Baekhyun passed him his daughter to sit with his bestfriend. He swiped off her hair to the side and ran his hands through her hair.

"I missed you, Baekkie. You've been cooped up in the Jewel for too long," Kyungsoo accused.

"You're pretty much busy yourself, Soo. You've been helping Johyun for her wedding and then there is Minseok with baby Jimin and Luhan and Meili. See? You've got no time to miss me."

Kyungsoo harrumphed but she softened as her gaze fell on Jokyung kissing Kyungjoo's forehead. Baekhyun feels light as well. It's beautiful to see a happy family just like the Kims. If all are just as happy as them, the world would seriously be a better place.

"So how are you and Chanyeol?"

The question has gotten Baekhyun choke on air and Kyungsoo chuckling at her bestfriend's attempt to breathe properly caught Jongin's and the triplets' attention.

"Mom, you okay? Did Baekbaek hurt you?" Kyungin ran to his mom and struggled to get up on her high bed. Rolling his eyes at the nickname the brat gave him, Baekhyun still lifted the toddler up so he won't hurt himself.

"Thank you, Baekbaek!" The kid kissed his cheek and crawled towards his mom with a big grin on his face. Kyungsoo moved him so he could sit beside her without risking the chance that her son would accidentally hurt her. Normal delivery isn't easy.

"So Baekbaek?" Kyungsoo snickered.

"We're fine. We're good. He wants to get married but I'm not yet ready," Baekhyun confessed and slumped his shoulders,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter