The Rich and Famous

It Started with a Drink
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Please, Min,” Kyungsoo groaned as she pouted at the elder who has been eyeing her since a few days back.

“Well maybe if you just tell me what the heck happened during the party then I will leave you alone!” Minseok whined again. Ever since yesterday that Kyungsoo has confronted her about the glances that she gives Kyungsoo, Minseok has been asking her what has happened at the Kim Corp turnover party.

It seemed like people noticed when she left with Baekhyun, teary-eyed, just after the Parks has left the party. And then the next morning, newspapers and all business channels have declared that Park Industries just lost more than half of their shares over night. Rumor has it that the pull out was triggered when both Kim Corp and Do Group both expressed their withdrawal of shares from the company.

The other investors panicked and followed the two big companies and pulled their shares as well.

The media are smart, especially those gossip hungry shows that has put two and two together.

The ultimate reason for the Park Industries downfall is the wife of the new CEO of Kim Corp and ex of Park Chanyeol.

It was ridiculous that Sunshine was suddenly surrounded by the press asking for an interview from Kyungsoo. It was the sight that has greeted her the day after the party and she heard Jongin curse lowly. One phone call to his Gramps and the school was free of annoying and nosy people who should know better than into other people’s business. It was obvious that Jongin had something to do with this and it will just sound stupid if she asks him.

“Fine,” she gave up, scowling at her friend. “What do you want to know? I can’t believe Jongdae didn’t tell you anything,” Kyungsoo rolled her eyes at the blush that crept on the other’s cheeks. She’s happy though, that Minseok was able to meet Jongdae that one time that Jongin was too busy to fetch Kyungsoo and has sent his cousin in his stead. They looked funny when they were being cutely awkward when Kyungsoo found them standing in front of the office. Like at first sight, said Minseok and Kyungsoo dropped the subject. It’s not like she could judge her when she has her own version of a cheesy meeting and cliché meeting with her beloved husband.

“Uhm, well, Jongdae told me that it’s better if I ask you because Jongin was being an ‘’,” she made air quotes on the last word.

Kyungsoo sighed. “Look, Min. I don’t know what exactly Jongin did but he did it because Chanyeol’s father implied me being a gold digging when we went to greet them during the party.”

The elder was gaping widely but after a few seconds she frowned. “Couldn’t blame Jongin then. That was so low,” she tsked and shook her head. “How did Chanyeol react then?”

“He was the one who dragged his father away and he apologized.”

Minseok slumped on her chair. “Don’t you have an interesting life, Kim Kyungsoo? Your story could make it big on the big screen!”

“Oh, please, noona. Sooner or later you are going to share the life with the Kims with me,” Kyungsoo teased with a smirk. Minseok was sputtering nonsense and the former was laughing at how flustered the latter was. At least she was able to distract her from asking more questions that she’s honestly clueless with how to deal with.

 

Kyungsoo therefore concludes that she hates the media. They are obnoxious, sneaky and insensitive people that stop at nothing just to get juicy details and new scoops to fee their hunger for controversy and novelty and Kyungsoo hates it that she is in the middle of all of that.

When those people failed to get through her, they went to the people that she has been in touch with. Mostly it is her employees in Sunshine and she could only bow in apology to them when she has heard that they were stopped by people asking questions that would give them the whole story of what has truly happened between Park Chanyeol, Kim Jongin and Kim Kyungsoo.

It wasn’t even about the Park Industries anymore. They are delving inside her private life and she absolutely detests it. This is the reason that she has refused to be put on spotlight during company events that calls for the presence of her whole family and on those parties that Chanyeol has needed her to attend with him. This is the reason that she swerved off the path that could put her to a place where a lot of people’s eyes will be on her.

Parents of some of the students have expressed their concern just this morning and after reassuring them that the safety of the kids won’t be compromised in any way, she found herself dialing for her husband.

Only it was Baekhyun that she has called.

“Baekkie!” she wailed. “This is all ing crazy.”

The bestfriends have easily picked up from where they left off with a silent agreement that they will not bring up their dark times unless absolutely necessary. Kyungsoo has missed rambling on Baekhyun about anything and hearing his no holds barred opinion on her thoughts. This has been how they are before and what harm could it be that they are trying to revive their friendship?

“Hold up, princess,” the pet name made Kyungsoo smile. She missed being called like that by Baekhyun and she wonders why haven’t things stayed the way they were? They have wasted years and years of concealed emotions that only killed them inside. But before she could mull over that more than what’s necessary. Baekhyun hummed on the other line, calling back her attention.

“The parents are getting worried,” she said anxiously, tapping her fingers softly on top of her desk.

“Well, that’s inevitable. Maybe the security around the school should get tighter.”

“But Baek, Gramps has already done so much for us…”

“Oh, please. Your husband will call on national security if necessary, Soo. I think you should tell him about this, too.”

Kyungsoo stopped her fingers and pouted. “I was planning to but I decided to call you first.”

“Aren’t you a sweet little thing, princess?”

“Shut up, bestie.”

“Ugh. I hate that so shush.”

She rolled her eyes at her bestfriend and decided to change the topic since they have already established that this should be talked between the husband and wife. “How is it working for Seungsoo?”

Baekhyun huffed. “I never knew he became a whiny baby,” and it was spoken a little too loud and Kyungsoo heard an indignant ‘lucky bastards with lovers’ coming from said brother. “He was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter