The Truth Will Set You Free

It Started with a Drink
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was one fine morning at Kim Corp where the stakeholders for the Jewel resort are having their weekly meeting to consolidate the progress on each of their assigned tasks. Seungsoo and Baekhyun have prepared their proposed dining amenities with the help of Do Kyungmi. Chanyeol has updated them on the short-listed suppliers for the building materials as well as the manpower while Sehun gave updates on the permits they have secured and still waiting for confirmation while Yifan has given them a new list of investors that have expressed their interest in putting money into the resort.

Everything was calm until Taemin has burst through the door and called for Sehun in an alarmed manner. It was some kind of instinct and Sehun has readily left his work and followed the executive secretary. It is highly possible that it is about Luhan and he doesn't want to take any chances.

Jongin almost jumped in surprise as his bestfriend stormed away from the board room, he was too concentrated on making the pros and cons of the available suppliers for them. But as he registered Taemin's disturbed expression, his worry has kicked in and he followed them out. But then he remembered that he is in a middle of an important meeting so he went back and dismissed the meeting. Chanyeol nodded in understanding and is more than willing to get out of the room. Jongin felt bad as he realized that he basically left him with Baekhyun and Yifan.

“Really? Then I could go visit my baby sister and bring her chicken,” Seungsoo mused as he started to pack his things as well. “You’re not allowed to come with me, you hear?” he wagged his finger in warning in front of his brother-in-law. Jongin rolled his eyes and relented with a nod. He knew that Seungsoo just wants a few alone time with Kyungsoo.

“I think it is better if you keep her company, hyung. I think Luhan is ready to give birth to Meili and Soo might get excited,” Jongin suggested.

“If that’s the case then I should just join Seung hyung,” Baekhyun said, zipping up his bag and slinging the strap over his shoulder. Jongin knew that it is best so he agreed. He turned to Yifan who looked like he wanted to join his boyfriend.

“Sorry, Yifan. I am going to have to ask you to stay behind for our sake. I could only trust you with that,” he gave the Chinese an apologetic look but thankfully, Yifan didn’t look like he was mad or something.

“Okay, sure. Go check on Sehun,” he reminded the CEO and that has gotten Jongin going. He left them in the board room and sped walked towards his office and he saw Taemin already settled back. His secretary looked up at him and sighed.

“Luhan’s in labor, she just called and I’ll cancel your other appointments until tomorrow,” he informed his boss and friend. “Sehun will need you there and you could pick some pointers when it’s your turn.”

Jongin beamed. “You’re the best, Taem. I’ll keep you posted and I’ll give you extra vacation for this.”

Taemin huffed. “You better. I’m such a good person and friend. Now, go.”

 

Kyungsoo and Jongin has gotten around telling people the passcode for their penthouse because as much as possible, Kyungsoo is stay put most of the time since she has hit her 28th week. She’s even bigger than Luhan at the moment and carrying three people inside her is taking a toll on her back. Good thing that it’s her mother who is helping her with her diet and from their latest checkup, Dr. Song is happy that her little angels are all healthy though one of them is a bit smaller compared to the other two. She and Jongin refused to know their genders yet because they wanted it to be a surprise.

And Baekhyun being one of those who uses that privilege often, was the one who opened the door for him and for Seungsoo who is bringing the food they have gotten from his mom. They saw Kyungsoo sitting on the sofa, craning her head a bit to see who is visiting her this time. She smiled widely when she saw her bestfriend and her brother emerging from the hallway and she carefully lifted herself up from the couch and she cursed lowly as she felt her back giving her torture yet again and one of her babies were probably jolted awake, kicking her.

Her bestfriend rushed to help her with a cluck of his tongue in disapproval.

“I don’t really get why you don’t get someone to help you around here. You don’t want your husband to stay here and you always ask Auntie to leave you before he gets home,” he scolded. “You couldn’t even move around properly!”

Kyungsoo smiled sheepishly. “I am honestly considering that already since these three little ones are not that easy to carry.”

“At least you still got a little sense,” Seungsoo glared at her sister in annoyance. He listens to his mother’s worried rants every night when he goes home because she is worried for her baby girl who is having a hard time yet she’s still even more hard-headed.

“Don’t need to gang up on me. I will talk to Jongin about this,” the to-be-mother of three was escorted by Baekhyun to their dining area as Seungsoo prepares the food that they brought. Kyungsoo brightened up as she smelled the lemon chicken as soon as her brother has opened its container. She looked at the time and she frowned, noticing how early it is for her brother and bestfriend to be out of the office.

“Why are you here so early though? Did something happen?”

Seungsoo looked at Baekhyun and told him with his eyes that he do the explaining. “Jongin dismissed us early.”

The scowl showed up pretty quickly on Kyungsoo’s face. “Then why the hell is he not here with you? Why did he send people way too early?”

“Chill, princess. Your husband just needed to attend to something important,” Baekhyun tried to appease his bestfriend by getting food for her and a bit extra on the chicken, though she would probably eat all of it anyway.

“And he didn’t bother to tell me? Is he cheating on me because I look like a ing whale waddling in the apartment?”

Baekhyun cursed inside his head when he saw his hyung slink away not-so-subtly away from his sister. Sissy, he glared at the elder. Seungsoo rolled his eyes and raised his hands in surrender. Don’t care. Don’t want to deal with pissed pregnant women. It left Baekhyun with no choice but tell her about Luhan. He just have to distract her enough so that she will not get anxious for some reason, just like that time when she and Jongin have bought baby bags for their kids, she started crying out of nowhere because she was thinking that she will not be a good mother to three babies simultaneously.

She has been a bit touchy on things.

“He will be an ultra idiot to cheat on you while we are watching him, Soo. He just went to support Sehun because I heard that Luhan is going into labor.”

Kyungsoo looked in shock and attempted to stand at that instant but she remembered that she can’t move abruptly. With a groan, he turned to her brother and made pleading eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter