Not So Surprise

It Started with a Drink
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been a week before Kyungsoo has noticed something... odd. That being Kyungsoo mostly on the phone but she's not talking to Jongin. Instead she is talking with Chanyeol because he has been thinking of ways on how to break it to Johyun that he wants to cancel the engagement.

Kyungsoo was surprised, at first, because she knew that Baekhyun had finally agreed to go on dates with Yifan (though his bestfriend vehemently denies them being boyfriends) and yet, Chanyeol has decided to take a step out of his comfort zone, being engaged to Johyun. Chanyeol has told her that after their talk, he has started to realize things and he doesn't want to restrain himself anymore. He's willing to lose everything for the sake of his true happiness.

She is more than happy to listen to him as he tried to figure things out slowly. Chanyeol is already making progress towards the life he wants to live and Kyungsoo is sure to support him, even not as his better half but as a good friend that seemed to be what they are best to be. He says that he talks to Junmyeon as well but he knows that Kyungsoo will understand him better, being she has went through fighting for something - or someone - that she loves.

The times that they are not talking, which is when Kyungsoo is home and with her husband, she notices that Jongin is always talking to Baekhyun. His phone rings and he excuses himself, saying that it is Baekhyun. He receives a text message and she says it's from her bestfriend. Whenever Baekhyun drops by (since her doctor has advised her to not move around too much), those two often whispers among themselves and stops when they see Kyungsoo looking at them.

She has started to get suspicious because she can't help it. Jongin has been all about Baekhyun lately and that alone is weird since it's not a secret how Jongin is still not comfortable with her bestfriend, especially since Baekhyun enjoys pestering him about their intimate relationship before Chanyeol. Then all of a sudden, the two of them are all friendly with each other even to the whispering level?

But then, if this was something similar to what has happened with Chanyeol and Baekhyun, why would Jongin let her know that he is talking to her bestfriend? Instead of getting jealous, she is more curious about the reason that has brought his husband and bestfriend closer without her intervention.

She has actually mentioned this to Chanyeol and she was just brushed off. That has given her peace of mind but it hasn't quenched her curiosity. It even piqued her interest that Chanyeol seems to know something. Jongin is probably planning a surprise for her. She snickers at this. What if she discovers his surprise prematurely? Jongin would surely sulk and pout. Kyungsoo giggles. Her husband is too adorable.

"Do I get to hear the joke, love?" Jongin propped his head on her shoulder, kissing her jaw softly. They're lying down on their bed with Jongin's hand placed on top of her baby bump, caressing it slowly. It has been a sort of routine for the Kims to have some quiet time to themselves before they go to sleep. It's something that they look forward to every night. She quieted her laughs and placed her hand on top of Jongin's, letting her hand be led over her tummy.

"You're cute," she teases then kissing his forehead. Jongin slid up, propped his elbow to raise his head and raise a dubious brow at his grinning wife.

"You're weird," he retorts, playfully sticking his tongue out and this elicits a good laugh from his wife. He joined her not long after then he pulled her gently into his arms. They stayed in the hug for quite some time, just listening to each other's breathing and lulling heartbeats. Jongin broke the quiet atmosphere by leaning down for a kiss that Kyungsoo obliged to. Nothing too passionate, though. Just soft and fleeting kisses just to let each other know that they are there, on their bed, having their three angels, on their merry way to a happy family.

"I love you, Ni," Kyungsoo whispers against their lips.

"I love you, Soo," Jongin did the same and they both snorted.

"We're so cheesy, it's disgusting," Kyungsoo made a face but still smiled in the end.

"I'd rather be cheesy than fighting," Jongin pointed out. "It's good to let our babies know that they will be loved by two hopelessly in love parents. They'll feel secure."

"Yeah, yeah. Use our babies as your offense," his wife rolled her eyes.

Jongin placed a finger on her lips. "Go to sleep now, love. It's getting late."

But their babies have another idea when Kyungsoo felt like eating churros dipped in peanut butter. She started to pout and batted her eyelashes at her cute and loving husband and Jongin got the message. He groaned.

"Really, Soo? Churros at this time?" their bedside clock told him it's already ten in the evening. The bakeshop where he buys churros closes at nine.

"It's not like I can control when I want them!" she whined. "I've been eating so much these past few months and I know I'm fat and I'm even more fat because I am pregnant with three of your children but I STILL WANT THOSE CHURROS!"

"Okay, okay. Calm down, baby. I will get you churros," Jongin cupped his wife's annoyed face and kissed her cheeks alternately until she saw her eyes closing and easing on the anger.

"Hurry up," and Jongin is out of the bed, slipping on basic clothing and cursing Sehun and Luhan inside his head for introducing Kyungsoo to the wonders of that stupid, bread-like stick that she loves to dip into those chunky peanut butter that she has just gotten in passing while buying groceries.

He took note of keeping pregnant people away from each other. He swears that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter