Married Life - Day 6 (part 1)

It Started with a Drink
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was way too early for a phone call but Kyungsoo’s caller seems to have not a sense of timing. She groaned as she stretched to pick her phone up that was placed on the bedside table. Only that it is on Jongin’s side. It is proven a challenge when her sleeping body needed to exert more effort but in the end, she just rolled over a deeply asleep Jongin (whose mouth was adorably open) and finally, she was able to swipe the screen to answer the damn call.

“Hello?” she croaked with sleep-heavy voice. Her caller should know better than to make her repeat that because it is common sense that people awoken from their sleep will not sound normal.

“Is this Kyungsoo’s phone?”

Kyungsoo rolled her eyes mentally because she didn’t give her number to any stranger to avoid situations like this. She is pretty sure that whoever calls her should know that they are calling her.

“Obviously,” she sassed, he sleepiness taking over her good side. She would probably be apologizing later when she’s more awake but well, this is already happening.

There was a light chuckled on the other line. “Of course. I’m sorry for waking you up but it is urgent. By the way, I’m Oh Luhan, if you remember from yesterday?”

At the mention of ‘yesterday’, Kyungsoo was sitting on her and Jongin unconsciously draped an arm on her lap and nuzzled the side of her thigh. “Uhm, yeah. I remember,” she replied softly. “You said something urgent?”

“Yes,” Luhan breathed in relief. “Actually, I want to properly apologize for my rudeness. I… look. Can we meet over coffee? I’d rather do this personally.”

“Okay, I understand. Where should I meet you?” Kyungsoo asked, not quite moving from her spot and letting her husband stay right where he is snuggled.

“There is a café on the ground floor of Jongin’s building. I’ll be waiting for you here.”

“Ohh,” it seems that there is no more time for delay because Kyungsoo doesn’t want to repay rudeness with alike. “I’ll be there in twenty. If you don’t mind.”

“Take your time, Kyungsoo.”

“Okay, uhm. Bye.”

“Bye.”

 

Kyungsoo wanted to take her time on the shower, just for a little revenge on Mrs. Oh because of yesterday but she snapped out of it. She shook her head as if to dispel such thoughts that are forming inside. Ever since that, it had been easy for her mind to resort into taking revenge as some sort of defense mechanism. It wasn’t healthy, she knows that; she is ing running a pre-school (and yet she cursed inside her head, she sighed in defeat in her head) and it is one of the basic things you engrain to the youth, be forgiving.

So she took twenty minutes, tops, with preparing and making herself decent enough and just as she was heading out, she heard soft groaning coming from Jongin’s general direction. She headed towards the bed and bent over to shake her husband awake to let him know that she’s going out. It took almost harsh shaking before Jongin slowly opened his eyes and looked at her.

“Yeah,” he croaked and placed his arm on top of his eyes, blocking out whatever light from blinding his sleepy eyes. Kyungsoo chuckled but she thought better of forcing him to wake up becau

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter