Dreams I see When I Close My Eyes

It Started with a Drink
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol had to grip Baekhyun's arm tightly so that he could stop avoiding him altogether. It has been a week and yet his roommate is showing no signs of talking to him. Honestly, Chanyeol has no idea why he is feeling sadder than expected that the other has been ignoring him. Their room has grown awfully quiet since the last weekend and he has firm suspicions that his girlfriend's bestfriend knows something that he doesn't or can't remember from the party they went to.

Something inside him squirmed uncomfortably at the thought of Kyungsoo. He thinks that there is something that he needs to do but the urgency of knowing about the elephant in the room is more important. Kyungsoo could wait.

"Baek, what's wrong?"

The smaller frowned in confusion but his eyes said otherwise. "I don't know what you mean, Chanyeol."

"Okay. You calling me Chanyeol shows that you're upset with me. You picked that habit from Soo," and upon mentioning his girlfriend, they both cringed. Baekhyun looked more guarded and stiff.

"Really, Yeol. There's nothing..."

"Don't give me that bull, Baek," Chanyeol is starting to get livid. At this rate, it will get them nowhere. It just feels like he is missing something important and it's eating him not knowing what it is.

It's sort of effective because, at last, Baekhyun has showed more emotion. Way more emotion, that is. He started crying and Chanyeol's hold on him loosened. Something pricked his heart where it hurts the most.

"Baek..."

"Just leave it alone, Chanyeol! Leave me alone!" Baekhyun stormed away towards the front door but Chanyeol was quick to hold him back. He just can't not know what happened now.

"Is this something that happened during the party..."

"Let me go, Park Chanyeol," Baekhyun struggled from his captor but his strength is failing him. He's just tired of everything. His head is tired of thinking. His heart is achingly confused. His body is exhausted from suffering from having no sleep.

"Baek, please talk to me," the taller pleaded. He just can't stand seeing Baekhyun looking like this. He is used to a happy and smiley Baekhyun that has never failed to cheer him up everytime university drives him at wit's end. He is used to the Baekhyun who looks and moves with confidence that he seems to shine. He is used to the Baekhyun who always fusses around him even for the littlest things. "If I did something that made you mad, I'm sorry. I think I was so drunk..."

"Just leave it, Chanyeol. Please."

"But Baek this is so not you," Chanyeol insisted. "I mean we're roommates and we just can't ignore each other because of whatever I did."

Baekhyun then looked at him with a weak smile a shake of his head. "It's no big deal, Yeol."

"Then why are you still sulking about it after a week?" Chanyeol pressed. "The last time you were mad at me was when I ate your pudding but before we went to sleep that day, you were laughing with me already. This might be something big, Baek," he paused when he remembered something.

"Did... did I hurt you then, Baek?" he asked lowly. The next morning after the party, he has noticed bruises on Baekhyun's shoulder and sides when he saw him take his shirt off while changing. He was suffering from a killer headache that he wasn't able to ask about it but that is a probable cause.

When Baekhyun's froze again, it told him many things. He gasped.

"Oh god, Baek. I'm so sorry!" he flailed his arms to check if there are still bruises on the other. "I didn't know... . I'm sorry, Baek. It was a mistake and I was too drunk to know what I am doing..."

A soundly slap echoed in the room and Chanyeol's hand laid on his stinging cheek.

"A mistake," Baekhyun started laughing bitterly. "I know, Chanyeol. I ing know! You don't have to tell me about it."

"Baek..." Chanyeol tried again because everything feels so wrong. It was the first time that somebody has slapped him like that. Kyungsoo hasn't even done it but then, he and Kyungsoo hasn't been speaking so much lately. The thought should've worried him more than it worries him that Baekhyun is crying in front of him but it's Baekhyun who's there.

"Just... just leave me alone, Chanyeol."

The broken look that Baekhyun wore broke Chanyeol as well. He couldn't just leave this alone. Not when Baekhyun looks like this.

Out of instinct, Chanyeol has used his hold on the other to pull him into his arms, in which Baekhyun has fitted nicely. The moment that his head has hit the broad and warm chest, his resistance dissolved in a blink and he is sobbing hysterically. His fists were hitting Chanyeol to where he could reach and the taller lets him.

Having Baekhyun this close makes Chanyeol's heart race in a familiar pace. Unconsciously, he tried to pinpoint when he has felt the same feeling before and his memories were free from the cloudy murk that was from the alcohol he took that night.

It's amazing how the details of that night was tucked and hidden from him and yet when Chanyeol has taken them from the box they were shoved into, everything was vivid and clear. It hit him like a rushing truck down the slope.

The hand that was cradling the back of Baekhyun's head and holding him in place dropped. Baekhyun, upon feeling the sudden loss, leaned back and there he saw the lost look in his eyes and he knew, he has lost Chanyeol again. But he didn't move, he better relish from this before he is set aside again.

When he felt Chanyeol shift, he took a deep breath and lowered his head. He can't take another blow to his wavering heart. He has been broken since Kyungsoo has chosen this doofus and thinking getting broken even more because of said doofus might really crack his sanity.

He was taken by surprise when his expected subtle repulsion became one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter