coffee shop (hunhan)

ig collection

You were my beautiful angel. Complete with timeless beauty, a flawless smile, and a suspicious innocence. It still amazes me how I knew holding you close to me late at night would make you love me more, or that surprising you with gifts and little dates would make music ring from your lips. You introduced yourself to me as ‘LuHan,’ a boy who loved singing, bright lights and the smile of satisfaction. The beauty trapped in your features caught my eye, and it all made sense when you explained the meaning behind your name. ‘Pre-dawn,’ or ‘breaking dawn,’ captured your appearance accurately. A petite frame, button nose, pink lips, bright eyes, framing brows, hair fluffier than clouds, and a mist of awe I still cant completely explain.

Our story began mid-December at the tea shop where you dropped your change between quivering fingertips. I remember clicking my tongue and letting out a sigh before helping you pick up the spare change. Before I placed the coins in your hands, your eyes locked onto mine and I stood there puzzled by the colors of your eyes and lips, your features combining to make a masterpiece more worth than any Donatello or Da Vinci. Then, the man behind me grumbled a discriminative slur, probably pissed about the long wait to order a simple brew. You bowed your head and your eyes disappeared under your blonde bangs.

“Americano.”

We met again on the same day every week, but it took me till February to ask for your name and why you always ordered the same size caramel macchiato each time. Your answer was simple.

“I like sweet things, even if they only last for a moment.”

 

We hit it off from there. You knew my name and where I worked, why I ordered Americanos and that I had an interest in capturing life’s moments through a digital lens. I knew your name and your age, your love for singing and that you hated heights. Soon, you learned how to catch me off guard and make me laugh, teaching me how to smile full-heartedly again.

That was when I started to fall in love. I fell for the way you would smell your breath after finishing your bittersweet drink and disapprove of it. I loved how you hummed softly when you took small sips from your drink. I fell for the way you slipped a piece of spearmint gum between your lips and blew small bubbles that would pop onto your lips. I loved how your laugh was contagious and would make my heart feel like humming bird wings. I loved all of you.

And the best thing was, was that you loved all of me as well.

“Sehun, you’re like a caramel macchiato; sometimes sweet, sometimes sarcastic. I don't know which I love more.” A small giggle came from your lips. Eventually, I was doing the same.

I smiled and stood up, automatically, you followed suit. Taking your hand in mine, I pulled you outside of the shop and to the side of the building. I held your fingertips to my lips and kissed the tips.

“I love you no matter which side you decide to love more. I’ll always love you, my little deer.” The nickname caused you to blush and I took the opportunity. I moved my lips to touch yours, and damn, they were softer than they looked.