corn maze

ig collection

"this was so stupid."

"maybe its just because we're stupid."

park chanyeol had somehow convinced byun baekhyun to enter a corn maze. he had to, however, bribe him by promising to treat him out to dinner afterwards.

"im in another dead end- why did you make me do this."

"excuse me, but you walked in there yourself, i didnt push you in or anything."

baekhyun found himself at another dead end, cursing the stalks. it was actually getting late, the sun starting to hide behind the horizon and give way to the moonlight. this caused 1. baekhyun to start running through the maze, and 2. baekhyun to curse and yell in frustration loud enough that chanyeol could hear the five foot something man from the end of the maze.

"can you just google how to get out of this maze- ? chanyeol stop laughing- chanyeol please- hey- chanyeol stop it-"

the giant was laughing, clutching his stomach. he was too busy laughing to notice the sudden silence in the field and the change in baekhyun's voice. the smaller was now walking against the walls of corn that surrounded him, trying to get the stupid man to listen to him.

"chan- park- chanyeol please stop- hey please- listen to me," he paused to swallow back a choking feeling in his throat. "chanyeol, please, im scared."

the barks of laughter had stopped for a moment. the sound of a deep voice came through the phone and baekhyun stopped walking. "are you alright? just keep walking and stick to your left. ill try to come find you from the exit."

at this point, baekhyun started sniffling as he dragged his feet through strands of dried grass. tears were falling one by one down his face. he was scared, he didnt want to admit it, but he was terribly scared. it scared him that he might get lost and never see anything but corn stalks. it scared him that he might have to eat corn the rest of his life. it scared him that he might never see chanyeol ever again (which were quite stupid thoughts afterall).

"hey there champ. i told you youd make it out alive."

looking up, he saw familiar black jeans and a navy blue sweater covered by a black winter coat. baekhyun's slightly pink eyes met warm brown, the wide eyes matching with a wide smile.

welcoming arms wrapped themselves around his shoulders, pressing them against the navy blue that would have dots of salty tears drying on it later on.

"im never trusting you to set up a date ever again."

"mhm."

the two walked hand in hand for a bit, the exit coming closer and closer with each step. it turns out that baekhyun was actually quite close to the end, two more left turns and he would have made it.

"you can punish me by ordering all the bulgogi you want baek."

"im actually not that hungry."

"im- im really sorry baek."

when they exited the mass field of corn, chanyeol stopped baekhyun and went in front of the figure and bowed his head in apology. "i didnt mean to scare you. im a y boyfriend, i know." baekhyun smiled softly and flicked the head of brown hair. "youre not being so y now though. thank you." the giant smiled back and hugged the smaller, burying him in his chest until he heard a choked "cant- breathe-"

baekhyun was released from the immense ball of warmth that was park chanyeol and sighed. the taller swung an arm around his beloved, barely giving baekhyun space and they started walking to the parked car.

"yah, lets just go home."

"but i want noodles."

"you literally just said you werent hungry-"

"aish, my boyfriend -"

"OKAY, okay fine."

the two laughed at that, one low and one opened mouthed. "i love you," baekhyun said as he took a breath, smiling as he did so. it was rare that he ushered the three words in the same sentence, so chanyeol took it as a good omen and drove to the best noodle house in seoul.