breakup

ig collection
 

park chanyeol and the signs:


1. coming home was exciting, getting to see your face adding a smile to my face. you would kiss me hello, and then kiss me goodnight, having stayed up till early morning for my arrival. never once did it cross my mind that maybe you were sick or unwell, for i had failed to notice that the sparkle in your eyes was beginning to dim. and that the little mumbles in your sleep were what kept me up like the ticking of the clock.
 

2. panting with your moans were thrilling. I picked up my pace when you would least expect it and you hid your face under your arm. I never realized that I stopped telling you to hide from me, to let me see your expressions twist and change with each . when I kissed your lips, it was hungrily, as if searching for my own pleasure and release, but I never thought anything of the sort until tears were forming at the corners of your eyes, blood spilling onto my tongue.
 

3. movie nights were always my favorite, especially with you curved into my body like a fit puzzle piece. the softness in your hair put silk to shame, the smell causing lavender to envy. I watched the movie through the reflection in your eyes, and I notice now that the images would blur together for I would be falling to sleep. I was bored, the movie bland through the reflective glass, your voice a numb tone in the fuzzy memory. I was tired and bored, movie nights no longer entertaining.
 

4. smiling was once simple and never forced. seeing you wake up in the morning would make my grin grow, seeing you laugh made me follow, and seeing you pout made my heart throb. but now all I see is a man with muscles making his lips take a crescent shape, the power to make my lips do the same no longer strong enough. in pictures I would smile, but you would stare at them in confusion wondering what was wrong. sadly I knew by then, and breaking the news would be too much at that time.

 
slumped against the fridge was a shattered heart surrounded in puddles of salty tears. byun baekhyun was a mess, tears landing on both the paper he had thought was a to do list. heart breaking didn't touch the surface of the situation, the male ready to still sweep up the crushed pieces and hand them back to the man with the sledgehammer. he was so ready to cry and hand over his heart to him that it made tears fall down faster and the cold breeze blow harder. he tucked his knees in, snot impairing his breathing and the tears his vision. loving someone who made your stomach fill with flowers with each look was deadly especially when you no longer were able to do the same to them. the flower crowns baekhyun once made in chanyeols hair were now trampled and the butterflies he set free to his lungs were left unattended and had died. the drum beat that used to play in both of their hearts were already playing different rhythms once again, the beats unfamiliar and cold.
cruel.
cruel and cold is the world byun baekhyun is forced to live in. fields filled with dying grass and trees with dead, branches.