insane baek

ig collection

the sound of broken laughter rang throughout the room. the melody bounced off the concrete walls, resonating deep inside park chanyeols heart. he had his arms crossed, back leaned against the interrogation window. this man, byun baekhyun was going to jail. but that's the problem. he was.

the interrogation was going well. the officer in charge of it never gave byun any room to lie or make up stories on the spot. and yet, the man was able to slip through the governmental grasp like water. the maniacal laughter was infuriating. it sent blood to chanyeols fists. how? how did he do it? they had him pinned at the crime scene with blood on his shirt and splattered over his porcelain face. he was caught with a knife in his grasp and the police even found a motive for the murder. but it just wasn't enough.

the buzzer rang and the two had walked out, byun baekhyun let out a sigh. his hands were in cuffs yet he waved them around as he spoke to no one In particular, but park knew it was directed to him.

"wow! you guys really did downgrade with the prison outfits. orange doesn't fit me at all, I know at least one person in here knows that." the grin he displayed on his lips was obvious, and be knew the person the message was for had revieved it.

"I wonder if that person still cares about me... it would be heartbreaking if he didn't visit me after my release papers get done"

that was it.

.

"byun baekhyun." a head of perfectly brown hair turned around, followed by shoulders and hips.

"ahh park chanyeol- or should I say, Detective Park? how was your day? catch any serial killers lately?" he smiled, his lips parting to show brilliant pearls.

"I know you know the answer to that baek-"

"oh my! I didn't know we were on a first name basis! is it alright if I call you yeolie then?"

an ache started to grow in his heart.

"baek stop it. this is over. we can't do this anymore. grow up and let it go alright?"

baekhyuns finger began to trail up to chanyeols neck from his chest. they stopped at the bottom of his lip.

"let what go? my love for you? jeez yeolie, I knew you were stupid but this is a whole new level." byun moved both his hands to cup chanyeols cheeks, holding them gently.

"we're still in love yeol! I know you still love me so what's up with the act? you're scaring me..." he pouted his lips, puppy eyes trying to pry away chanyeols hard layers.

"baek stop it! move on already! you're stuck in your own goddamn reality where I'm still with you. but I'm not! I have a wife baek. we broke up two years ago! you don't mean anything to me-"

"SHUT THE UP. YOURE LYING. OFF." his soft fingertips turned to scaring nails. chanyeol winced as the hands that were once so loving began to trail down to his neck. he trapped himself in his old apartment with a murderer. nice one.

"baek- - I don't want- to hurt you-"

"WELL YOU ALREADY DID." tears were threatening to spill down from the cold brown orbs, but then it was the crazed laughter that made them fall nonetheless. "Do you know why I killed all those people yeol?" the grip on his throat tightened. chanyeol raised his arms to try and pry the delicate looking fingers off, but to no avail. "because they all reminded me of you. they all left their partner broken and empty just like you. funny right? the best part is, I thought of your face everytime I stabbed their heart, hoping they would feel the amount of pain they gave their lover. but alas, they were too dead to feel it." the dim light made the sickening smile even more bright.

"well, now I have the honor of killing the man who caused all those murders. I love you park chanyeol, but to be honest, you were quite a ing when you broke up with me."