college

ig collection

oh the beauty I had come across when i walked into the classroom. skin flawlessly smooth. teeth whiter than clouds. smile brighter than the sun. eyes outshining star after star. hair swooping down right above the eyes that held the night sky. lips soft and a vibrant light red, the bottom lip being bitten a darker shade. fingers so thin and slender griping the pencil you held. and then you looked up from your pad of paper and directly up at me. the pupils in your eyes dilated, the lip started to bleed and the stars stitched in your orbs twinkled. you smiled after a second and picked up your items, moving over to the row I sat at. the black sweater you wore wouldve hung over your fingertips if you hadn't rolled up the sleeves. the pants you wore hugged your thighs and calves, but when you moved to sit, it was as if you were wearing sweats.


"hey," the first word.


"I'm byun baekhyun," voice smoother than silk.


"park chanyeol. I'm guessing youre a singer or songwriter?" I looked at the pad and pencil you placed on your desk and you smiled.


"judging by your guitar, composer or also a songwriter?" it was my turn to smile.


the class had droned on about major and minor chords, mixolydion flats and flat sevens. we, on the other hand, were busy trying to hold in chuckles and barks of laughter. it turned out that you weren't only a musician, but an artist, and when I asked for you to draw me, you pursed your lips amd drew a face that resembled mine, yet with ears so big they filled the rest of the page. you held a hand over my mouth to help surpress the little sounds that forced their way out.


I walked out to my next college class, with your number on a slip of paper and the subtle scent of strawberry linen on my mind.

 

it was then that I decided to compose a song based on your inner and outer beauty for the semester project.


the next class we had together, I handed you a music sheet filled with erased words and lyric lines. I could only come up with the chords on the neck of the guitar and keys of the piano. I just hoped that you could fill in the missing lyrics. the teacher was once again drowned out of our consciousness. I gave you earbuds to listen to the raw guitar sounds and you smiled softly at the soft plucks and strums.
 

"is this a song about love chanyeol?" you whispered, and I nodded, a blush threatening to grow. with that, you only smiled brighter and lifted your pencil to the paper to fill in the missing words I could not find.
 

throughout the semester, we focused on fine tuning the song and adding lovestruck drums and a soft bassline. we spent our nights in the recording studio, my heart always beating faster hearing you sing the words you took from your heart.
 

you, byun baekhyun were an ocean. an ocean so beautiful from faraway and even more breathtaking when close. I lost myself with you. I fell with your low tides and escalated to your high surf waves. I was in love and it was like the ocean had a new kind of glow. the already clear waters started to sparkled and the white foam formed swirls of bubbles in the sand.
 

after we handed in our finished recording to the professor, we agreed to go out and have some fun. the arcade was the first stop and you insisted on the photobooths. I never would have thought you were good at dancing games, so when I went up against you, it was obvious that my lanky legs could not give the same effect as yours. then we went back to my apartment. your puppy eyes insisted on watching romcoms and of course I obliged. as the movie progressed, the distance between us began to close and eventually, you were leaning on my shoulder, my arm wrapped around yours.

 
 
"remember the lyrics to our- the song we made?"
 
"of course I do. 'I felt myself falling, but then I thought it was alright, because I was falling for you.'" the scent of your hair soothed my nerves.
 
"I wrote that song thinking- um... I was thinking of yoooooo-" your voice began to soften, the actors speaking louder than you. so, I paused the movie.
 
"wha- it was just getting to the good part yeol!" you pulled away from my shoulder and looked at me with a confused, almost disappointed expression.
 
"but I couldn't hear what you were saying." I smiled and smoothed your hair out. your bangs were messy, going every which way.
 
"I was just saying that youmighthavebeenmyinspiration for the song."
 
"excuse me, what?" you pouted your lips and took another deep breath.
 
"youwerethepersoniwastalkingabout in the song. there, so now lets continues the movie? yeah? okay." I was still a bit confused, but I could have sworn that before you pressed play, you whispered, 'stupid giant'