domestic

ig collection

in the time park chanyeol got to know byun baekhyun, he noticed quite a lot of strange habits. after he would brush his teeth, the male would bare his teeth at the glass, reminding park immediately of a puppy practising his territorial stance. when byun was introduced to new people, he would tug at his earlobe and bite his lips, and would drink excessively to get his blood flowing right. late at night, the giant noticed the smaller male snuggle up closer to his body, replacing his pillow with chanyeols bicep. he also murmured in his sleep, whispering soft 'I love you's against parks steady heartbeat. when he thought no one was looking, baek would sing any girl group song loudly as he washed the dishes, moving his hips with the beat in his heart.

park chanyeol knew what made made his precious love sad and happy, also knowing just where to touch and tickle him to make melody chime from his lips. by the time park chanyeol thought he had studied and knew every little thing there was to byun baekhyun, he was in love. from the moment he became his partner in song, they became roomates, and evolved to something more, he was in love. from the stutters to the perfect notes. from the smooth hair to the greasy days. it didn't matter for he was so in love. park chanyeol was so in love with byun baekhyun he thought his heart would explode and rise to the sky, serving its purpose to fascinate byun even more with the intricate display of lights. to park chanyeol, making byun baekhyun happy for the rest of his life was his dream, his goal, his desire. it was all he asked of the cruel world that surrounded them.

but of course, not all favors are fullfilled.

what were once loud nights spent talking about fairies and nymphs, had turned to silent ones where byun would fall asleep as his head hit the pillow. no longer was park chanyeols bicep sore from holding the smallers head up at night. slow mornings were now fast, baek leaving almost immediately after making breakfast, not having time to sing his cover of 'Lion Heart'. the pup began to lose his spirit after arriving home, declining parks offer to drive him home each time

all park could think was

'where did my love run off to?'