hurt (kaisoo)

ig collection

was it possible for a person to fall for someone in every way possible?

this thought often came to do kyungsoo in the earliest of mornings, haunting him as he tried brewing a cup of coffee. he would end up taking a sip of the sickly sweet beverage before tossing it out, muttering 'too much creamer' under his breath.

the answer was simple to him though, there was no argument about it. falling in love with another person in more ways than one is definitely possible. when coming upon his answer, kyungsoo's mind was occupied with the thought of a tanned male with shining bright eyes and heart shaped lips. he thought of all the times he dropped his composure because of the male and often ended up with a face full of blush and smiles.

do kyungsoo had fallen for the mini fits of laughter and wide grins. he tripped over the mellow tone of vouce and short glances thrown his way. kyungsoo's heart felt pangs when kim jongin moved his limbs fluidly through his dances; when he sang, kyungsoo had to fight the urge to smile at the tone. do kyungsoo loved the care kim jongin had for animals, his ability to switch his effect on others from intimidating to an adorable bear.

(at first, it threw the smaller off; how could someone be so perfect in every single way? but now he's grown to accept the fact that kim jongin was an exemption from everything do kyungsoo once thought was simple truth.)

however, was it possible that kim jongin thought the same of poor do kyungsoo? did he maybe see him in the midst of people in the pit? did he maybe listen to his covers of his songs he posts on social media, hoping for a response from his inspiration? was do kyungsoo trapped in a love he would never forget?

.

kyungsoo laid in his bed at (now) 4am, scrolling through social media casually on his phone. on his screen were fan taken pictures of a single idol: at the airport, during concerts, at interviews. he plugged in his earbuds at one point and shifted in the bed. music flowed through his ears as he tried to fall asleep once more. but when he heard his voice, an image of kim jongin singing on stage filled his mind. his eyes were closed and his hair was patted down with sweat.

his nose crinkled as he gave his all, and within a couple of seconds, the next member sang his lines with heart felt emotion. kyungsoo didnt realize he had gotten tense during that short period, but when he did, he felt tears stream down his face.

his life was so vulnerable. it revolved around one human being, someone he would only have the honor to meet beside a crowd of fans. he would never meet him face to face, one on one. do kyungsoo only had enough to attend a single concert, and even then he was among the back end of the pit. he could only admire from afar and sing out covers with all his heart (he was lost whenever the thought of dancing arised) behind a wall of social media.

do kyungsoo could only do his all, but it would never be enough. he had fallen too quickly and harder than ever, a great mistake. in this form, kyungsoo was at his weakest, his heart taking a toll at every mention of his name. he wished he wasnt this weak- this sensitive. he kept this all inside, not wanting others to sense anything at all. he tried to save all this emotion in the deepest corner of his heart, confusing his love for the male as hatred.

sometimes he wished kim jongin never existed. sometimes he wished he could audition to be by his side. sometimes he wished kim jongin was a normal being who went to his college and could maybe, just maybe, fall for everything do kyungsoo was as well.