aftermath (kaisoo)

ig collection

that night, he knew that something- some object was out of place in the perfectly arranged house of his. he looked for it everywhere, growing frustrated as the hours ticked by. the male was irritated and now pulling out cushions and linen. he was flipping the tables and leaving drawers open askew. wandering into the bedroom, he pulled out hangers of clothes and papers from their files. toothbrushes lay scattered on the sink, and shampoo began to ooze out slowly onto the white tile.

the pictures on the wall were taken down and he looked at his own face smiling widely at him. do kyungsoo did not know that what he was searching for was not a tangible object. he was searching for kim jongin.

there were pieces and fragments left in the sheets, the kitchen, and shoe rack. there were scents that would drag kyungsoo down to the ground with tears in his eyes, wondering what the hell happened to make him feel this way. sometimes, looking at the oven would make him fall dizzy and he once burned his hand on the stove while making breakfast because of it. the random post it notes on the wall and dresser and everywhere else would bang holes in his heart. the pain of feeling but not knowing came too often to the point where do kyungsoo wanted to move out of the stupid apartment. no matter how much he read through his journals he could not find trace of the boy in the single polaroid he found in his coat pocket after he came back from the hospital. for some reason, he had a note that said "my name is kim jongin. im the writer who lives next door. see you tomorrow hyung. dont forget!" and there seemed to be patches among the sticky notes where some had either fallen off or had been taken down.

often, the boy phoned his bestfriend byun baekhyun for consult, but was always led to voicemail. do kyungsoo spent his days remembering tomorrows. if only he had someone to remind him of what yesterday was like again.