Finale

Be Mine, Lily Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finale

 

The ride back to the penthouse was oddly silent.

And Jongin looked oddly dazed. Even though the lights had turned green, but he just sat dumbly in the driver’s seat, his eyes not really looking at anything in particular. As much as I didn’t want to talk to him right now, but seeing how the cars around us were starting to honk angrily at us, I let out a sigh.

“Jongin, the light’s green.”

Startling in his seat, Jongin blinked once, looked at me then blinked again.

“H-huh? O-oh…” Still looking dazed, Jongin finally started the car, yet he still looked more or less lost in thought.

As the ride continued, neither of us spoke once. It was back to silence – pure, raw silence.

Except this time, there was no tension in the air. Jongin just looked dazed, and no matter how much I tried to stay angry with him, the confused and lost expression on his face dampened my miserable mood.

Well, whatever.

When Jongin finally drove back into the driveway of the house and killed the engine, I immediately jumped off the car and stormed inside the house. I don’t care how odd Jongin’s acting now, but I was still angry.

To be honest, I didn’t really know who I was angry at. Perhaps I was angry at Jongin for practically ruining my life, perhaps I was even angry at Sehun for actually letting me go... and perhaps I was angrier at myself for hurting Sehun this much.

The more I thought about it, the angrier I got, and letting out a frustrated yelp, I practically ran upstairs. Deciding that I wasn’t in the mood to go into the room that I shared with Jongin, I instead took a turn and entered Gikwan’s room. With Gikwan at school right now, the room was empty, so collapsing down onto Gikwan’s bed, I covered my eyes and heaved deep breaths.

After lying there for who knows how long, and only growing more and more irritated by the second, I decided that this wasn’t going to help me. Pushing myself off the bed, I noticed the clothes that was piling out of Gikwan’s drawer.

Heaving out a sigh, I stood up and marched over to the drawer. Might as well do something to get my mind off things.

Kneeling down before Gikwan’s clothes drawer, I took out the clothes that was piled messily against each other and placed them on the floor, intending to fold them up when something caught my eye.

It was a brown paper bag lying on the bottom of the drawer.

My heart beating, I reached over to the bag and opened the flap. Pulling the paper out of the bag, I could only stare dumbly at the bold letters printed at the top of the page:

 

DIVORCE PAPERS

 

That’s right. A few years back, Chanyeol paid me a visit…and gave me this. Though I rejected his proposal to divorce Jongin, but somehow, I didn’t throw the bag away and instead tucked it in the bottom of the drawer. I had forgotten all about it.

And now, at the moment when I wanted to divorce him the most, it appeared before my eyes. Is this some sort of sign to tell me that I should divorce him-

No, no. Don’t be silly, Nari. You’ve gotten this far, you even turned Sehun away today…there’s no turning back now. 

Giving the paper once last look, I sighed and was about to put the paper back into the bag when the door opened without any warning.

“Nari, can we talk-“

The sentence faltered in his lips, and silence consumed the space. Gritting my teeth, I didn’t have to turn my head to see who was standing behind me, and I didn’t have to see the conflicted expression on his face to know that he saw the divorce papers held in my hands.

This cruel timing.

And though I should be angry and putting on airs right now, but instinctively, knowing Jongin’s insecure character, I immediately turned around to try and explain as to why I have these papers in my hand. But as I turned around, what stood before was not the fuming Jongin I expected.

Instead, a look of melancholy calmness washed over his features, his hands limply at his sides. Gulping a little, the explanation that was about to bubble out of my lips melted befor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter