Einundzwangzig

Be Mine, Lily Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Einundzwangzig

Listened to Daisy (Hey) whilst writing this chapter.

 

“The wedding will be held in a month.”

I glanced up from the bed to see Jongin leaning against the door to my bedroom, his hair slightly damp from the shower he probably just had and dressed casually in a white t-shirt and a pair of long, baggy grey pants. I, on the other hand, was curled up on the king-sized bed, a book in my hand as I tried to read away the thought of the marriage that was soon to be executed.

Rolling my eyes a little, I ignored Jongin’s presence and continued on reading, hoping that he would get the message and leave me alone. But nevertheless, Jongin still strode into my room, filling the space with the strong smell of fresh cologne.

“What do you want?” I closed the book I was reading and glanced up at Jongin who stood in front of me, his hands stuck in his pocket and his back slightly slouched. I glanced away from him and let out a supressed sigh. Despite all that had happened, the notion that he looked so damn hot right now still circled my mind.

“To talk about our marriage, of course.” Jongin glanced around the room as he rubbed the back of his neck, “Now that we’re going to be officially together, I need to go over some…new changes that would need to be made.”

I was so tired of changes. But I kept my mouth shut and just stared down at the closed cover of my book. The meaning of life, the title of the book read.

“First of all,” Jongin began pacing around the room, “You would need to be introduced to the public officially as my wife. It’ll be a bit irritating at first as I assume we’ll have a bit of party attending to do, but as long as you’re introduced to the necessary people, then it’ll be alright.”

I continued staring at the cover of the book and remained silent.

“Next,” Jongin stopped pacing around the room, “Since we’re getting married and all, I thought it would be a good idea if we went on a…vacation, to get to know each other better.”

The sentence by itself was so absurd I couldn’t help but let out a short laugh, causing Jongin to look my way, his eyebrows furrowed together.

“What’s so funny?” Jongin didn’t sound too amused.

“Nothing,” I glanced upwards at Jongin, “It’s just, isn’t it ridiculous? We’re getting married even though we know nothing about each other.”

Jongin pressed his lips together.

“And that’s why we’ll be going on a vacation for a week,” Jongin frowned down at me, “I’ve already booked tickets to France. We’ll be leaving next week.”

As I made no response, Jongin let out a small sigh and leaned in towards me, planting a kiss on my forehead. I just sat there, letting him do whatever he wanted, my face stone cold and expressionless.

“Goodnight,” Jongin whispered against my forehead before backing off me, and leaving me still sitting stiffly on the bed, he left the room and closed the door behind him gently.

Relaxing my body a little, I slumped my straightened back and glanced down at the book in my hands. Heaving out a deep sigh, I shook my head and opened the book from where I last left off. And with a burdened mind, I continued reading the book.

 

 

 

 

Ding Dong.

The sound of the door bell ringing awoke me from my sleep, and as I sat up from the bed slowly, I felt an object fall off my lap.

Frowning a little, I glanced sideways to see that the book I was reading last night had slid off my lap, and realised that I had fallen asleep yesterday halfway through reading the book. I think I was up to a part where it was discussing the psychological welfare of human beings-

Ding Dong.

The doorbell rang again, snapping me out of my dazed train of thoughts, and blinking a little, I climbed out of the bed and dressed myself in appropriate clothing before heading downstairs.

“Who is it?” Peering from the little eye-hole in the middle of the door, I cautiously spoke. Kim Jongin would’ve long gone left for work, and I couldn’t think of anyone who would possibly visit Kim Jongin at this working hour of the day…heck, why would Jongin have visitors in the first place?

“Who are you?” A confused voice spoke from the other side of the door, and I cleared my throat a little as I heard from the voice that it was a male. I was a loss of words as I didn’t know how to describe myself. Who was I exactly? His fiancé? His wife? His housekeeper…?

“Uhm, I am-“

“-Well, whatever. I’m coming in anyway.”

Without waiting for me to finish the sentence, I heard the lock code being punched in before the door clicked open. Stepping back a little, I was a little startled as I came face to face with a young male who was surprisingly tall and quite handsome-looking.

The male eyed me up and down once before he let out a short, wry laugh.

“Heh, so my almighty brother keeps es at his house eh? And here I thought he was all uptight and that, guess he isn’t, huh.”

My brows furrowed together into a frown at the male’s crude use of language, and I was about to speak a little of my mind when he suddenly tilted his head and pressed two fingers against my chin, lifting my head upwards.

“But you don’t exactly look like a ,” I winced at how rude this person was, “So who are you again?”

Glaring at him, I swatted his fingers away from my face and backed away from him. “I should be the one asking you that. Who are you?”

“Me?” The male let out a throaty laugh, “I’m Park Chanyeol. Kim Jongin’s half-brother.”

“Half-brother…?” My eyes widened a little, “I didn’t know Jongin had a half-brother.”

Heck…I don’t even know anything about this guy that I’m about to marry in a month.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes and ignored my surprised look as he strode into the house and sat down on the couch as he plopped his feet up on the coffee table.

“So, where’s my brother?” Chanyeol glanced around the house, “He wasn’t at his workplace either so I assumed he’ll be home.”

Staring warily at the man in front of me, I left the door open just in case and kept a distance away from him. Yet I was curious, curious about this person, and most of all, curious about Jongin’s life.

The scene that morning where Jongin sp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter