Zwölf

Be Mine, Lily Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Zwölf

Listened to Love Rain 사랑비 OST - Because It's You - Tiffany (SNSD) HD whilst writing this chapter.

 

“Wait.”

Onew paused in front of the entrance to the café and he turned to give Sehun a questioning look.

“How about this,” Sehun pulled Onew away from the entrance to give way to other customers behind them, “You go in by yourself, and I’ll just sort of sit somewhere else and listen in to your blind date.”

“Hey, then she won’t be put off by seeing how I brought a friend to a blind date!” Onew protested, “I refuse.”

“But if the girl turned out to be really, really great, you might regret trying to piss her off,” Sehun reasoned, “I can always come in later and ruin the mood if you want, but let’s give it a shot, alright?”

Sighing, Onew shrugged as he turned to the entrance. “Alright, I can’t force you,” Onew spoke as he made his way to the glass doors, “But you have to come over if I give you the look, alright?”

“Yes, yes.” Sehun chuckled as Onew let out another exaggerated sigh before entering the café.

The moment Onew entered the small, yet cozy café, the smell of coffee beans, and the calm, light jazz music playing throughout the quiet café immediately made Onew felt peaceful inside as he looked around for the girl. According to his mum, she had long, black hair and would be wearing a beige coloured sweater.

“Mr. Lee Jinki?”

A soft voice spoke behind Onew, and Onew jumped a little as he turned around to stare into the eyes of a girl with flowing jet black hair and a small frame dressed in a slightly oversized beige sweater.

“Ah, you’re the girl my mum set up for this blind date?” Onew gave the girl a polite smile, and he couldn’t bring himself to add in any snarky comments or act badly like usual as she nodded her head quietly and the two went over to a nearby seat.

Maybe it was because of the sad and gentle melancholy that surrounded her air, but as the girl sat down on the seat, her eyelashes fluttering softly as she blinked, and her body expression nervous yet subdued, Onew suddenly felt like he should protect this girl from...whatever she was scared of.

“So, let’s introduce ourselves,” Onew gave the girl a smile, “My name is Lee Jinki, but I preferred to be called Onew. It’s a nickname my friends set up for me in high school and I’ve been stuck to the name ever since.”

“Ah, yes, Onew-sshi.” The girl’s laugh didn’t sound happy at all, “I’m Yoo Nari.”

*Yoo Nari!?* Onew’s eyes widened at the familiar name, and he stared at the said girl in front of him for a while as he furrowed his eyebrows together. *She couldn’t possibly be the Yoo Nari that Sehun’s always talking about…right?*

“Onew-sshi?” Nari looked confused as Onew stared at her openly, “What’s wrong?”

“H-huh? Oh, it’s just that…” Onew trailed off, wondering if he should say it or not, “Uhm, just to make sure, do you know a guy named Oh Sehun?”

Nari felt her heart jolt with fear and a sense of anticipation as the name rang loud and clear in her head and she just sat there, not knowing what to say. Should she or shouldn’t she say that she knows Oh Sehun? This Onew guy sitting in front of her was clearly Sehun’s friend to be able to recognize her name, so does she really want Sehun to find her?

*Jongin would be mad-* Nari cut herself off her thoughts as a sense of anger suddenly overtook her fearful heart. Just who is Jongin to make her feel this fear? Just why does she have to live in anxiety?

“Yes, I know Oh Sehun.” Nari spoke before she could stop herself, and she sat up straight yet her fists trembled slightly under the table, “He’s my childhood friend.”

“A-Ah, right.” Onew let out an awkward laugh, “Small world, eh? Sehun’s my co-worker and friend.”

“Is that so?” Nari gave Onew a smile, and she opened her lips to say more when the bell rang, indicating that someone had entered the doors to the café.

Her eyes flitting over to the door, her words got stuck in as a familiar, an all too familiar figure entered the café, his beautiful brown hair tousled over his forehead, and his mesmerising eyes scanning the café.

Nari felt her breath hitch as these eyes halted before hers, and time seemed to stop as Nari couldn’t help but feel tears gather around her eyes.

“Oh Sehun.” Nari couldn’t stop the name from tumbling out of her lips.

Onew blinked as he turned around to stare at the said guy, who looked absolutely frozen as he just stood there and stared at Nari with his eyes wide open, and his lips slightly ajar.

“Yoo Nari.” Sehun broke the entranced silence as he began walking over to the table, “Yoo Nari, is that you?”

 

 

 

 

I couldn’t move an inch as Sehun approached the table, and I blinked as I glanced down at the table, in total shock and disbelief.

What in the world was he doing here?

Turning my head away from Sehun, the anger and courage I felt just a few seconds ago literally melted into pathetic fear as I felt terror capture my heart. Jongin would kill me if he found out, and from how last time he was easily able to find me in the hospital, I had no doubt that it would take him literally seconds to track down where I was.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter