Eins

Be Mine, Lily Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eins

 

“Yoo Nari!”

Clenching my eyes shut, I frowned unhappily as the sound of approaching footsteps could be heard storming up the stairs. Pulling the bed covers further up my head, I tried hard to block out the noise preventing me from my sleep.

“Yoo Nari! Wake up already! Did you not hear me you sleeping head of a mess!?” I let out a groan as the door to my bedroom burst open, and I huddled further into the warmth of the covers before I felt it being yanked off my body, leaving me exposed in my thin pyjamas.

“YAH!” I screamed as I sat up on the bed, awake in an instant, “Can’t you see I’m sleeping?”

“Yes, and I can also see that you’re late. Oh, not to mention, late on your first day of work-“

“-Gotcha.” I mumbled as I immediately climbed out of my bed, stumbling a bit as I patted the tableside for my glasses. Riding a hand through my hair, I grabbed the pair of thin spectacles and pushed them up my nose, scrunching my nose up as I stared into the face of the intruder who awoke me from my beauty sleep.

“Ah, so it’s you, Sehun.” I yawned as I finally recognized the face through my sleep-glazed eyes, “Hey, thanks for waking me up.”

“Yeah, my pleasure.” Sehun rolled his eyes as he gave me a flick on my forehead, “Now hurry up and get dressed, it’s your first day today, you don’t want to be late now, do you?”

“Mhm.” I let out a lazy smile as I grabbed Sehun’s arm and cuddled up beside him, “But my best friend and the almighty Oh Sehun wouldn’t let me be late to my first day of work now, will he? Hmm?”

Sehun let out an affectionate chuckle as he ruffled my head, which barely reached his shoulders and he untangled himself from my cuddle before placing both hands firmly on my shoulders and directed me to the small bathroom that was to the right of my bed.

“Now as much as I would like to spend some more quality time with you, you really do need to get dressed up now.” Sehun pushed me inside the bathroom and closed the door on me before I could protest, “Don’t take your time okay, Nari? You really cannot afford to be late on your first day and leave a bad impression on your new boss.”

“Yes, sir!” I saluted Sehun from behind the door and let out another huge yawn before turning around and staring at myself in the mirror.

I am Yoo Nari, currently 23 years old. I’m your typical average girl; small, archetypal Korean eyes, a skinny frame (my hard-earned result from following weight-loss programs on TV and checking the side of packaging boxes for calories before I eat anything), long, wavy jet black hair curtesy of my beloved curler I use every morning and a short and tiny body that could be easily lost in a crowd.

I just graduated from the oh so popular Seoul university a few months ago with a dazzling science degree and had fortunately planted myself a decent job last week as an customer service attendant in the largest hotel in the whole of Korea. There’s not much relevance between the job and my university degree, but hey, what gives? As long as I get stable income, I don’t really care what profession I do.

I’ve always been sort of a laid-back person. When I was young, my parents would always complain about how whilst the other kids made sandcastles in the sand-pit or chased each other around, I would kind of just daze off watching the grass sway gently with the wind. It got a bit better after entering high school, but I was still the chilled and cool girl. For instance, it would always take me longer than usual to get off from bed, and even when I knew I only had that last five minutes before the sport teacher would close the school gate on me and force me to run laps around the school oval, I would kind of just lightly jog over instead of sprinting for my life like the other kids around me.

Then there’s Oh Sehun, possibly the only friend I have in my life. Due to my relaxed nature, I never really bothered with socialising, and the only reason why I got such a handsome guy like Sehun to be my friend is because of the close relationships our two families share. If not for Sehun being by my side all this time, I probably would’ve already failed school by now. I believe that one day Sehun and I will get married. Our parents certainly hope so, and I really can’t see anyone else by my side other than Oh Sehun.

“Hey, Nari, are you ready yet?” The knock on the bathroom door from Sehun reminded me of the time, and I heaved out a sigh as I the tap and splashed water on my face whilst I heated up my hair curler.

“Yah, Yoo Nari. Answer me.” Sehun seemed impatient as I didn’t reply, and I grinned cheekily as I heard the urgency in his voice.

“Neh~ I’ll be ready soon.” I called back, and there was a grunt from the other side of the door before I could hear the sound of footsteps descending down the stairs.

Grabbing my makeup bag from underneath the sink, I took off my glasses and began applying eyeliner to my monolid eyes. Putting on makeup had always been one of the most annoying things in the world; especially since I have quite the exquisite Asian face, no matter how much eyeliner I put on my eyes they always seem to disappear underneath my heavy lids. Heaving a sigh as I finally got some of the black drawn-on lines to show above my eyes, I patted some light foundation onto my cheeks, put in contacts so I won’t look nerdy in my round spectacles and swiped red lipstick over my lips before curling my hair into nice, wavy locks. After making sure that I look decent in the mirror, I twirled around once before changing into a thin, white blouse in which I tucked beneath the sleek, business skirt at the waist. Slipping my arms into the classy, navy blue blazer, I smiled at myself in the mirror once before stepping out of the bathroom.

Going downstairs, I could smell the delicious waft of pancakes and my tummy grumbled as I reached the bottom of the stairs. My mother was at the stove, cooking breakfast whilst father and Sehun sat on the dinner table, currently engrossed in a deep conversation.

“Oh, look what we have here!” A huge grin broke out on dad’s face as I walked over to the two male, “My beautiful baby girl, all grown up and ready to enter the field. Are you nervous?”

I gave dad an uncertain smile.

“A little bit, I guess.” I mumbled before turning over to the huge stack of pancakes already turning cold on the table. “Is this for me?”

“Yes, it’s for yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter