Fate

EXO SERIES: Byun Baekhyun's Heart's Desire [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

>>MI KYUNG'S POV<<

"Are you sure?" I asked my friend and hesitated to enter the school building. "Just to clarify, I am not responsible for anything that happens if they all surround you. Sometimes, they act like they have never seen a male being." 

Nam Hwan oppa laughed and walked inside. "I am sure and it will not happen. I will just visit the principal for a minute." 

Some students passed us whispering to each other. Things like why I brought a guy and that it was not allowed. Principal Yoo knew Nam Hwan oppa. Although the school forbid male students or men to enter the school, the principal was fine with Park Nam Hwan. 

"Park Nam Hwan, what a surprise." Principal Yoo was not sitting in her office as usual. I hoped she didn't realize that I left the school campus to have a meal with Nam Hwan. "You should've told me beforehand, Kim Mi Kyung. The students will complain that they can't bring any guests here." 

I nodded and apologized but Principal Yoo was already talking to my friend. They were having a conversation about his studies. If this school was not only for girls, Principal Yoo would absolutely want Nam Hwan oppa to attend this school. Since he was already in university and this school would not change at all, this was not possible. 

"However, Park Nam Hwan is not allowed to enter the dormitory. You better go on the campus, it's not safe for you here. School hasn't ended. I hope you understood." Principal Yoo turned to me and bowed to my friend before leaving. 

Letting out a sigh, I dragged him on the campus and told him to look for a nice place to sit. Taking a seat on a bench, I took out my laptop which I carried in my bag and found a report on the Internet. It was the report on our school which Byun Baekhyun had written.

"A report?" Nam Hwan oppa looked over my shoulder. The surveyors wrote the same every year, but I was curious about what Byun Baekhyun wrote in the report. "Always kept clean, good order, students work hard, responsible and reliable, noble, disciplined. That's nothing new." 

I shrugged and closed my laptop. Then I lied down, my head on his legs and looked at his face. He placed his jacket on my legs because I wore a skirt. Considered and gentle as always.

"Is something or someone bothering you?" Nam Hwan oppa asked me and leaned back. "I'll do everything you want me to do until I will have to go back. So tell me." 

Byun Baekhyun's girlfriend is bothering me.

"The person who wrote the report, the school surveyor. Not exactly him, but a person who is close to him. This peson's behaviour bothers me. But it's nothing at all, I can't change it." I responded honestly and sighed. 

"Do you only not like the behaviour or also the person? Or maybe because this person is close to the school surveyor?" Nam Hwan oppa continued asking me but I shook my head. I did not know Baekhyun's girlfriend at all, I couldn't judge over her easily. It was only her behaviour. Although I doubted her personality was different from her behaviour. 

"I just don't know." I replied, getting up to sit normally. I really didn't know.

>>BAEKHYUN'S POV<<

Chae Won has already left Seoul and I went to school as always. But I kept thinking of something. Or a certain someone. Kim Mi Kyung, and the guy I saw next to her. Unless I had a deeper reason, I didn't need to care. I was simply curious. 

My high school friends and I were eating at the cafeteria during our lunch break. They talked while I did not even touch the food. Chanyeol nudged me and wanted to know what I had on my mind, but I said it was nothing special. 

During the lessons, I concluded that the man was a) her older brother, b) her boyfriend or c) a guy she likes but he doesn't know about her feelings for him.

"Hyung, you are really in thoughts today." Kyungsoo said and Jong Dae agreed to him, nudging my elbow. "Did you argue with your girlfriend?" 

"Chae Won left for America today, but that's not what is bothering me." I replied causing them to fall silent. They knew about Chae Won and I had introduced my girlfriend to them when we started dating. Well, they didn't talk much but it was only important for me that the most important people in my life met. 

"Seriously, how can you date for four months?" Yeon Rin questioned me, breaking the silence. "If she makes you happy then fine. But why? She complains about everything and everyone. To be honest, I think that it's one-sided. Oppa, I'm saying this as your best friend since middle school." The others didn't say anything, it was only Yeon Rin who spoke.

I was not mad at Yeon Rin. She was worried about me so I simply appreciated it. Of course I had wanted my best friends and my girlfriend to get along but I didn't mind if it was not like how I wanted it to be. 

"Yah, can someone please agree with me? I can not be the only one who thinks like this." Yeon Rin looked at the others and let out a dry laugh. Her head turned to Chanyeol and he was unfortunately looking back at her. 

"Well, Yeon Rin is sort of right. Sorry, hyung." Chanyeol said and continued eating. "It doesn't seem that she returns your feelings. What has she done for your relationship?" 

"She makes me happy, that's all. And even if she doesn't return my feelings, I will easily make her like me back." I responded and ate my lunch. Jong Dae and Kyungsoo must have thought the same, but Yeon Rin already spoke on behalf of them. 

After school ended, I was supposed to walk home with Jong Dae and Kyungsoo. From what I heard from my friends who were always watching dramas or movies, they told me you would meet others unexpectedly on your way. If I believed in that, I would probably meet Kim Mi Kyung and her friend later. Not everything that was shown in the television happened in reality, though.

"Hyung, do you think there are things like fate? From meeting at the library, running into each other to spilling coffee over someone." Kyungsoo asked me all of a sudden. "Or what if you ran into your soulmate without even knowing?" 

"Fate doesn't exist." I responded and laughed over his questions. "Miracles don't exist either. I don't believe in this stuff. You two probably watch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter