Hello Stranger

EXO SERIES: Byun Baekhyun's Heart's Desire [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

>>MI KYUNG'S POV<<

I waited until the school bell would finally ring. I was hungry and Ye Jin and I were supposed to meet for lunch. Since we had different classes now, she wasn't here. Our teacher wanted to make an announcement today. 

"The school decided to have a festival this year. The first year juniors have a sports festival, the second year students are responsible for the activities in the classrooms and you as the seniors are going to perform a short school play about Korean History. The auditions will be held on Wednesday. There'll be a meeting of the student council and the class presidents later. Each of you will have to take part in the play and help with the scenery, the music, clothes, name it. Anyway, it's not decided yet if you're going to perform a play or a musical." The teacher announced. There were different reactions from the girls.

Since it was my last year, I was neither happy nor sad. Ye Jin probably found out about the school festival by now. I already knew which role she wanted to take for the school play.

"You are my last students and this is your last school festival." The teacher continued and was interrupted by the school bell. The first girls got up really quickly and ran out of the classroom. I was in a hurry too, but I didn't want to exaggerate. Ye Jin sat at a table in the cafeteria and listened to music, not really caring if she sat alone or not. I joined her and took a seat opposite of her. 

"Mi Kyung-ah, how will you participate? Are you going to audition for the school play?" My best friend asked me as she noticed my presence at the table. She took out her earphones and looked up. 

I shrugged and let out a sigh. "I think I'll just help with the music. Maybe composing something for some background music. What about you? Designing the clothes for the girls?" 

Ye Jin nodded with a bright smile. "Of course I will. Do you think you can do two things? You can just audition and get the lead role. I mean you are made for the role." 

"I don't really know how to act. If it's a musical, I would maybe think about auditioning, but I refuse." I responded and laid my head on the table. 

"Yah, Mi Kyung. Aren't you supposed to meet with the student council? You are the class president after all." Ye Jin reminded me and I pouted because I didn't want to go. "It's not my fault that they chose you." 

"You voted for me, pabo." I said and got up to leave. "I planned on not going but now I just have to go. See you later." 

After years of going to this school, I knew the way to the dormitory room of course. I was lost many times in the buildings, but since I was the guide for three school surveyors already, I practically learned the phrases I had to say to them when I showed them the school. But finding my way in Seoul was quite another matter.

Students from the first and second year sat in the room. A girl from another class in senior year arrived just as I was about to take a seat. So all in all, there were six students, Principal Yoo and some teachers. 

We talked about some things for the school festival. It didn't take long and I hoped to get to eat after this. Principal Yoo and the teachers were the only ones left in the teachers' room. I asked the teacher to participate for the music before other students were faster than me. 

"Student Kim Mi Kyung." Principal Yoo called me and I bowed politely as my class teacher approved. "I need you for the audition. There aren't enough students to cast the students who want a role. Since you are already here, you can just help the drama teachers and do your music thing as well." 

"I am not quite sure about that. Do I really have to cast them all?" I asked although it was obvious I had to. It was worth trying though. "I am worried that the students might be disappointed if they do not get the role they auditioned for her." I lied innocently.

"There is no need to worry, student. You only have to help the teachers distributing the roles." Principal Yoo responded and told me to leave the teachers' room because it was lunch time. 

Ye Jin was still sitting in the cafeteria. I headed towards her and sat down. I was not in the mood to eat now after Principal Yoo chose me to help during the audition. I didn't feel like casting them all, hearing the lines of the roles over and over again. 

"Why did it take so long?" Ye Jin wanted to know as I lowered my head out of frustration. 

"I'm going to cast the students along with the teachers." I explained and rested my chin on my arms. "The auditions are on Wednesday." 

"Then why didn't you just tell her that you wanted to audition for a role so you can't sit in the jury?" My best friend continued doing her homework while listening to me. "Whatever, tell me about Baekhyun. Did he text you?" 

"I don't even have his number." I responded and noticed that the incident was only two days ago. "And he doesn't have mine." 

Ye Jin raised her eyebrows in surprise. "Really? But I gave it to him. Just in case." She smirked at me and I immediately looked up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter