Invited

EXO SERIES: Byun Baekhyun's Heart's Desire [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Thank you so much for reading and welcome new readers :) I hope you will like this chapter! ^^

---

>>MI KYUNG'S POV<<

"Mi Kyung-ah, Mi Jung-ah!" Abeoji shouted from the first floor. I was at my bedroom trying to get some sleep but I got up to hear what my father wanted. I met Mi Jung on my way downstairs. "We received a letter. It's an invitation to the engagement party of the second son of the Hwangje Group. Our appearance is as important as the appearance of the other guests. Despite a rather small engagement celebration, we are going to come to congratulate the couple." My father explained to us and handed me the letter to read. Today in the evening. 

They were not even getting married soon but in a few years. They wouldn't get married before Baekhyun's brother's fiancee and him since he was older. I didn't want to go. My parents and Mi Jung might go there but I would stay here. Even if this was meant to be a vacation mixed with business, I wanted to go back to Chuncheon and spend the rest of my vacation in my hometown.

I could also just book a flight to Korea and return with or without Dong Wook oppa. He didn't need to know. If he knew, he would follow me. But I was not a child anymore, I would graduate next year already and I was able to take care of myself. Dong Wook oppa was purely my guardian. I was prepared to take over Wanguk Group, because I was the first born between Mi Jung and me, but I would not see Baekhyun again.

"I do not wish to go. Tell them I got very important business to do." I said to my parents returning the letter and exiting the house afterwards. I called Seung Joon to meet. My parents followed me and stood at the door shouting I should immediately come back and also attend the celebration. I refused. "Mi Jung is going. She is an heiress either. My appearance is not as important as yours, abeoji." I felt sorry for Mi Jung about my statement. She couldn't take all the burden despite being my sister and I didn't want Mi Jung to have the full responsability because I knew how hard it was.

"I think you should go to this engagement party." Seung Joon said walking along the street. He didn't let me answer because he hadn't finished. "You should stop chasing after him and focus on other things. You don't want to see Baekhyun because you are hurt and you haven't talked to him since last time. If you go, you showed him that you moved on even if you didn't. At least, Baekhyun wouldn't pity you. I will kill him if he does." Seung Joon continued causing me to smile. He knew how to cheer me up, I was sincerely thankful. Too bad he didn't live in Korea.

"You are nervous when you are close to him and your heart beats faster. I wanted you to feel the same way towards me, but you can't. There isn't a way for you to like me and I know that you will never feel nervous around me. I am not him after all, but Mi Kyung, having you as a friend is more than enough. I'm upset. Why doesn't this idiot know your heart?" Seung Joon asked not only me but also himself. 

Seung Joon laughed and walked ahead with his hands casually in his pockets. I followed him, my head lowered. "Whatever, he's engaged now, isn't he? You should congratulate them. After all he was your friend more or less. Give them your blessing either way even if you dislike the idea." Seung Joon turned to me giving me a smile. I nodded slowly and I had to admit Seung Joon was right. "Kwon Chae Won might be a brat but you can't change anything about that, right? If Byun Baekhyun thinks she is the right woman for him, he is really stupid but it's better to accept this regardless of your feelings. Time heals wounds." 

I nodded again. "I know you are right." Maybe I should go. Maybe I should give them my blessings and accept the reality. Byun Baekhyun was a blinded and I couldn't open his eyes. I was not in the position to do that for him, I was not able to tell him he would do a big mistake if Baekhyun got married to Kwon Chae Won. It was his life. His decision not to oppose for his parents.

"Seung Joon, what do you think of accompanying me tonight? I will go there as I was told by my parents and even you, but I might feel less lonely if you came." I responded and looked into his eyes. "If you want." 

"As a friend, right? I know you are using me, but it doesn't matter. Use me for tonight and I'll accompany you to the event." Seung Joon replied smiling warmly. "I don't mind. I will wait in front of your house tonight. If this punk should try to hurt you again, hit him with another basketball." 

Yoon Seung Joon was always a straightforward person. It surprised me that he was casual about his feelings and told me he liked me, although Seung Joon knew I couldn't return his feelings. He didn't want to lose me as a friend and so didn't I. Even though Seung Joon didn't know each other for long, he was a precious person in my life. Otherwise I wouldn't have told him about my situation. Just because Seung Joon liked me, it didn't mean we wouldn't give up our friendship. 

"You know getting rejected isn't the problem. Just knowing that you could always turn your back to me bothers me. I have accepted that you don't like me, though. So don't worry too much, Mi Kyung-ah, I just like you. That's how I feel." Seung Joon added while walking me back home. My parents were likely angry at me but I had a good reason to leave. "See you in a few hours then. Also, Mi Kyung, your parents didn't do anything bad. They are good people and they only want you to be healthy and live a decent life. Otherwise you would've already been engaged or married, like Byun Baekhyun for example." 

"Are you giving me some advice or a life lesson now?" I laughed as Seung Joon finished talking. "Thanks, though. You should go before Dong Wook oppa or my family fin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter