Date

EXO SERIES: Byun Baekhyun's Heart's Desire [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

>>MI KYUNG'S POV<<

After school ended, Baekhyun wanted to pick me up. He said he wanted to take me somewhere. The day of the school festival, Baekhyun had taken my phone and saved his number, just in case he explained. I didn't know what to do about him. He broke up with Kwon Chae Won and he regretted not having trusted his friends, but Baekhyun told me he might still have some lingering feelings for her. 

The school bell rang and pulled me back to reality. Ye Jin and I packed our things and went to our next class. I fet her eyes on me but I avoided eye contact because she would ask me out about Baekhyun. There was nothing to talk about actually. Baekhyun and I were something between friends and people on a sort of business level.

"You know, Mi Kyung, I am really jealous of you." Ye Jin said and narrowed her eyes at me. 

"Why?" We walked downstairs and left the school building, looking for a nice place to spend the break before we had physical education. "Shouldn't I be the jealous one?" 

"Because you are going on a date with our Baekhyun!" Ye Jin took a seat on the stairs outside and nudged me. "He broke up with his girlfriend and now he wants to meet you. Imagine him arriving here with a nice car and waiting for you in a suit while all the other girls think he came for them, but Baekhyun came to see you." 

I playfully rolled my eyes at my best friend. "This is not a wedding, Ye Jin. It's not even a date. Even if, Baekhyun doesn't know how to drive." 

"Maybe not for you, but probably for him." Ye Jin responded teasingly and nudged my elbow. "I think he likes you." 

"He still likes his ex-girlfriend. That's kind of sad." I told my best friend and took a sip from my water bottle. "It's none of my business, but as long as they don't meet again, Baekhyun won't fall for her." 

"Do I hear some jealousy in your voice?" Ye Jin teased me and I almost choked on the water I was drinking. She patted my back and told me it was fine that I was being jealous. "That's why you have to meet as much as possible so he will fall for you again." 

"I am not interested." I made clear and asked myself what Baekhyun wanted to do for today. "He didn't tell me where we'll go." 

"It doesn't matter. You'll look good in anything even if you wear a dress while hiking." Ye Jin winked at me and I suppressed a laugh. "For a date, where would you go? Maybe you're going to eat at a restaurant or you're going to watch a movie. These are the most simple things, though. I think Baekhyun would plan something more fun." 

"It's not a date, Ye Jin, I've told you." I repeated and got up because the school bell rang. "Don't interpret too much." 

Baekhyun texted me he would wait in front of the school and already received the permission of the principal. I was hiding and testing his patience. I wasn't like that normally, but I somehow felt like sneaking up to him and scaring him. His back was facing me and he was holding his cellphone, probably texting me that he already arrived. 

Then I realized that it was a childish idea. I came out of my hiding, but Baekhyun was gone. I looked back and backed away as Baekhyun stood behind me with a smirk on his face. 

"Yah!" I shouted and let out a heeavy sigh. "You scared me, I was supposed to startle you first."  

Baekhyun apologized and gave me a smile. "So are you ready?" I turned my head away but still felt his eyes on me. I nodded silently because I didn't know where Baekhyun wanted to take us. And I didn't know the reason too.

Don't smile and look at me like this. I admit you are handsome, Baekhyun.

It took us about an hour until we arrived and I had a slight idea what Baekhyun wanted to do today. Instead of a nice car or anything, we sat in a taxi but I didn't mind. Ye Jin probably thought just because he was an heir, he would show up with a nice car although Baekhyun didn't even know how to drive.

"What is the occasion?" I wanted to know as I looked out of the window. 

Baekhyun lowered his head and smiled sheepishly before turning his head back to me. 

"Consider it as a date." Baekhyun responded and opened the car door for me. "And in case you feel uncomfortable with it, call it a simple encounter between friends. I consider it as a date though." Baekhyun smiled gently and offered me his arm. I hesitantly accepted it and followed him.

 A date, it is then.

>>BAEKHYUN'S POV<<

"In case we're going to stay here the whole day, I booked a hotel room for us. No worries, I have discussed everything with Principal Yoo already and she said it's an exception since you don't go to school tomorrow." I explained and paid the entry. We entered Lotte World and today I wanted Mi Kyung to enjoy this sort of date.

I felt relieved as she told me she has never gone to Lotte World but she always wanted to go. Kim Mi Kyung and I didn't get along too well in the beginning when I visited her school, but now I hoped we would get to know to each other a bit. By now, we were only on the informal level. We were the same age anyway but we kept on using honorofics in the past and since we talked informally, there was some progress between us.

"Baekhyun-ah." Mi Kyung said pulling me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter