Business

EXO SERIES: Byun Baekhyun's Heart's Desire [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

>>MI KYUNG'S POV<<

"Mi Kyung, is that you?" I heard someone shouting. I turned my head to the left and raised my eyebrows in surprise. "Mi Kyung! It's really you!" He laughed and ran up to us before patting my head. "Good afternoon to you too, Ye Jin. You didn't tell me you would come to Tokyo." 

"Oppa, what are you doing here?" I wanted to know even though I should know the answer. "I forgot. Your parents moved here because of the job." 

Nam Hwan oppa gave me a smile. "Exactly. Besides, I wanted to improve my Japanese skills. I won't live with them though, I want to stay in Chuncheon like you and continue my studies." Then his gaze fell on the building in front of us. "You want to enter this coffee shop? There's another one which is much better than this, let's not go in this one." 

"Why not? We came here all the way and got lost and now you want to tell us not to go inside? You must be kidding me." Ye Jin shook her head at Nam Hwan and entered the coffee shop first. I followed her after I shrugged my shoulders because it was already hard to come here. 

Nam Hwan oppa let out a sigh and followed us at last. We took a seat at a free table before a young waiter headed towards us to take our orders. The waiter wore a suit and sort of looked like some butler. Obviously, this was how the cafe was like. 

"Don't tell me you like this kind of stuff." Nam Hwan oppa whispered to me in Korean, so the waiter didn't understand us. "The next time we meet, I'll just a wear something like that either." I playfully shook my head at him and we all ordered. 

"I will be back in a second." The waiter bowed once again and disappeared behind the counter. 

"I'll be back either. I'll use the restroom." I added and got up to find the way to the restroom. Coincidentally meeting the waiter from earlier on my way, I asked him for the direction. I thanked him and was on the verge of going but the waiter introduced himself to me.

"By the way, I am Kobayashi Haru." The young man did have manners. He bowed the fourth time to me already today. "You are not from here, right? Your Japanese is really good." 

"I am Kim Mi Kyung. Nice to meet you too." I smiled at Kobayashi Haru and looked back at Ye Jin and Nam Hwan oppa. They were talking and I shouldn't let them wait, so I excused myself. "You better serve your orders, I don't know if your boss will like it." I said jokingly and left.

"Tch." Nam Hwan oppa said after we left the coffee shop. He has been quiet for some time. "Finally we are back in the city. I saw you talking to him. Don't trust these guys." He continued and I couldn't help but smile. Not because he was jealous of these waiters whose task was it to reach exactly this, but Nam Hwan oppa reminded me of Baekhyun for a second. 

He took us back to the hotel and I somehow promised him to visit him again. As we arrived at our hotel room, I lied down on my bed and checked my missed phone calls and text messages. Some from Mi Jung, and surprisingly a lot from Baekhyun. I didn't really know why, but I did call him back. 

"How are you doing? Do you have fun on your class trip?" Baekhyun wanted to know and I nodded although he couldn't see me. I haven't contacted him the last days, but he always did. He kept calling me and texting me. Sometimes when it was boring I would answer his call, but sometimes it was just annoying.

"Ye Jin and I went to a coffee shop near the hotel today. We found out it was only ten minutes away from here, but we took around one hour to find it." I told Baekhyun and went on the balcony. Ye Jin was sleeping because it was late already. "I met Nam Hwan oppa in Tokyo, too." 

"Park Nam Hwan? Your friend, I see. Did you meet with anyone else? Did some random guys follow you around and bother you? You know, it's always dangerous out there." Baekhyun asked me and I let out a laugh, because these would be the exact words from Dong Wook oppa. "This isn't funny, I am serious." Baekhyun added but laughed along.

"I should study for the midterm exams now." I said after a while and enjoyed the view from the balcony. I've been here a lot and I was sick of sightseeing, but I really liked it here. "You should too. Don't waste your time calling me when you are a senior either. Don't you have other things to do?" 

"I just wanted to hear your voice. Besides, after all the studying we went through you still want to study? Mi Kyung, it's a class trip. Even if you went to Japan several times, you should still enjoy this. Good night for now, I'll call you tomorrow again." Baekhyun laughed and I could imagine that he was smiling again. This charismatic smile.

What am I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter