Visit

EXO SERIES: Byun Baekhyun's Heart's Desire [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

>>MI KYUNG'S POV<<

"That was all for today. Remember to study a lot for the upcoming exam." Teacher Moon said taking her bag to leave the classroom. I deeply sighed and laid my head on my desk. Ye Jin did the same, facing me with a smile. 

"Tired?" Ye Jin questioned me and I tried to slowly nod. "It's Saturday. I need to do club activities and you have a free day. That's unfair." My friend complained causing me to giggle. I was lucky. I was class president and I was part of the school council. I joined the school band as a composer yet I never showed up to the rehearsals. I didn't need to, being a member was enough. 

On Saturdays, we were allowed to leave the campus if we received permission. "I can't do anything here, I guess I will go somewhere today." The longer I thought about it, the more I hesitated. "They will recognize my school uniform, right? I still need to attend the school council meeting with the other class presidents, though." 

Ye Jin shrugged her shoulders. "Then don't get changed. Let's go otherwise I'll be late for training." I watched Ye Jin standing up and taking her bag. She waited for me to get up either. "What about going to Baekhyun's house? You can ask Dong Wook oppa to drive you." 

"I don't even know where he lives." I responded telling the truth. I've been at his house in the States, but that was quite another matter. I didn't want to ask Dong Wook oppa, though. He might be suspicious why I would ask him about this favor again. Besides, Dong Wook oppa probably had no idea where Baekhyun lived, too. 

"But you know where his friends live, Mi Kyung. Ask Dong Wook oppa to drive you there at least." Ye Jin said while preparing to leave again. "I'm get going now. Call me if something happens. See you later!" She shouted before she left the dormitory room. I was lying in my bed and thought about calling Dong Wook oppa now. Lotte World was fun, Myeongdong was fun, his visits were fun. Only this visit to his house. I wanted to visit him as the friend Mi Kyung. 

As soon as Dong Wook oppa arrived, it wasn't hard to get permission from either the teachers or the principal. Everything was busy and hectic during weekends because of this. And after all, Dong Wook oppa knew the principal well. Unfortunately. It was afternoon and I promised to return before curfew.

Dong Wook oppa knew the traffic in Seoul and his driving was the best, it was safer then. However, since I expected him to be suspicious I told him I was going to meet Yeon Rin, a friend of mine. It surprised him, because I never mentioned Yeon Rin. I called her to give me her address. I was hoping to see Baekhyun at her house at least. If not, well, I would ask them how to get to his house. "Mi Kyung, there we are. Your friend, how did you meet her that you wanted to go all the way here?" Dong Wook oppa questioned me curiously after he stopped the car. He turned around to look at me. 

"Yeon Rin and I are the same age, she is a friend of a friend who introduced us to each other." I replied honestly and got off the car. "Don't worry, oppa. I will get back to school by myself. Enjoy your free time at home." I waved him goodbye and looked around. I have been at this neighborhood before but I never had the chance to pay any attention to the environment. I stood in front of the door and pushed the door bell, waiting for someone to open it. 

I heard the sound of the door and turned my head to greet the person. A tall young man stood in front of me. I didn't remember having met him when Baekhyun introduced me to his friends. 

"And you are?" The man questioned me suspiciously. I've never seen him before, either. "Are you Chanyeol's girlfriend?" Chanyeol was the other tall guy, I remembered. What girlfriend? I raised my eyebrows at him in confusion. I never talked to Chanyeol before. 

"What girlfriend?" I was interrupted by a female voice and I immediately recognized her. It was Yeon Rin who ran up to us and locked eyes with me then. A smile slowly graced her face and she pushed the taller guy away. "That's only my brother, Jae Yoon. Don't mind him. Enter my house, Mi Kyung." 

I entered her house and greeted the people in the living room. "Aren't your parents at home?" I wanted to know and took a seat on the sofa. Yeon Rin told me that her parents and Chanyeol's parents went somewhere together because it was Saturday and they didn't have anything to do. 

"It's Baekhyun's girlfriend there." I heard someone saying and turned around. Three of their friends headed towards me and smiled. "Baekhyun isn't here if you are looking for him. He is at home." 

"I thought he might be here by chance." I admitted and got up. "And I am not his girlfriend." Sadly. The three looked at me surprised but didn't say anything else. They sat down on the couch and turned the television on. 

I saw Chanyeol in the kitchen and Yeon Rin crossed her arms suspiciously, watching me. "So you really did want to see our Baekhyun?" I slowly nodded and let out a sigh. "It takes about one and a half hour from here to his place. We can take a taxi there." 

"You're not going to ride that taxi, Yeon Rin. I'm going to accompany you two. Kim Mi Kyung, don't ever sit in a taxi with that girl" Chanyeol warned his friend and I slightly furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Yeon Rin, Chanyeol and the three others must be really close friends. When the three of us left the house, their friends went home and Yeon Rin called taxi for us. I was grateful. They could've just given me the address. 

However, they were still Baekhyun's friends. They knew everything about him and I recalled Baekhyun telling me about being friends with them since middle school. I wanted to get along with them, either. 

"Our Baekhyun is really busy these days." Yeon Rin explained to me. "His older brother does most of the things, but it's not easy for Baekhyun too. We didn't even know he was an heir until first year of high school. We were really surprised, but Baekhyun said he didn't want us to make a big fuss about it. Sometimes we forget about his background, but Baekhyun acts like everyone else too regardless what his position is." 

I smiled. Baekhyun really had good friends. And I could relate to that either. In my case, I couldn't hide about who I was. Not because I didn't want to. I simply can't. "I can understand him. But why are you telling me all this?" 

Yeon Rin gave me a knowing smile. "Aren't you interested in our Baekhyunie? Why would you come all the way from that rich district in Seoul? Also, it surprised me that he suddenly introduced us to you. He doesn't have any female friends and his ex-girlfriend was just someone." She nudged me which was easy because we all sat in the back. 

"Yeon Rin, don't scare her away. She's Baekhyun's friend, that's all. You'll make her feel uncomfortable." Chanyeol responded and I was thankful even if it was true what Yeon Rin said. They didn't need to know about my one-sided love towards Baekhyun. "There are we. Just push the door bell and wait, Baekhyun opens the door most of the time." Chanyeol said pointing on the house. I thanked him before waving them goodbye. A gate stopped me from entering. 

I pushed the door bell. It was my first time being at this place, especially without Dong Wook oppa or anyone else. I didn't plan this well. If Baekhyun opened the door, what was I going to do? 

"Baekhyun is currently in the garden." A man said, probably trying to get rid off me like this. I walked around a bit, jumped to get a peek at the house. No one was there. "You are still here?" The man opened the gate again and looked at me surprised. 

"I need to convey something from my parents to Baekhyun-ssi, Sir. Kim Mi Kyung of the Wanguk Group." I explained putting on a smile. The man didn't even let me introduce myself. I had wanted to see Baekhyun, but the man cut me off. He's apologizing as soon as I explain.

"Of course, Miss. Please enter." The man smiled at me and opened the gate for me. I let out an inaudibly sigh and walked in. The house wasn't big on the outside, but it was probably nicely furnished inside. "The garden isn't big either, so it's easy to find him." Baekhyun-ah, will you be surprised? Or will I rather be surprised? 

The Byun family had a pretty garden. Must be nice to live here. Maybe Baekhyun already went back into the house. I tried to be as quiet as possible. I hoped not to meet his family members. When I thought I found Baekhyun, I wanted to approach him slowly but stopped immediately as I heard Baekhyun talking to his father. It was about the cancellation of Baekhyun's and Chae Won's engagement. I thought Mr. Byun agreed to it, though. 

"I changed my mind. I changed the period of time for you, Baekhyun. Until college there is way too much time left and if it's until you finish high school, it will be more difficult for you. At least date. It's up to you who to date, not me. See it as your last chance to find someone you like otherwise I will deal with it. This is what you requested." Mr. Byun explained to his son and stood in front of him with his arms crossed. I watched Baekhyun. He was keeping silent and lowered his head. After a few seconds, Baekhyun wanted to respond but Mr. Byun cut him off. "No buts, Baekhyun." 

"Until I graduate from high school? Are you going to arrange another marriage for me then? Why are you treating me stricter than hyung when I don't even do company things? Abeoji, this is too much. I can't follow your orders now. I am sorry." Baekhyun replied and I could see how he tensed up. Mr. Byun and Baekhyun stared at each other, their eyes locked and nobody saying anything. I was scared to even breathe. 

"You are a shame." Mr. Byun said calmly Baekhyun and suddenly, I heard a slapping noise. Mr. Byun slapped Baekhyun but the latter didn't react. My eyes widened and I wished I could've interrupted them but it was a family matter, I couldn't interfere. Baekhyun didn't do anything wrong. Unless he did, Mr. Byun wou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter