Words

EXO SERIES: Byun Baekhyun's Heart's Desire [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

>>MI KYUNG'S POV<<

Leaving Seung Joon and going back home was less painful than I thought. I saw him at the airport before I boarded on the plane. I never told my parents, only Mi Jung that I would return to Korea. There would've been a high chance I would coincidentally meet Baekhyun somewhere and I did not want to see him at the moment. 

Seung Joon and I were smiling when we said goodbye to each other. He promised to visit me and try his luck if Baekhyun still didn't have a clue when Seung Joon was here. However, as soon as I boarded on the plane I really wanted to stay with my family all of a sudden. Why would Baekhyun be there? Well, when he offered me to drive me home I wanted to refuse but before I knew it he had already dragged me to his car. I should've taken a flight earlier, I regretted it. 

During the whole drive home I was reflecting. Should I confess or not? Regardless wether I would get rejected, I wanted to confess and I wanted Baekhyun to know. Love is painful and has its negative sides, too. "I started feeling frustrated when I would talk to you. And then I reached a point where I fell. For you, Baekhyun. I even developed feelings for you." I tightly held my suitcases and immediately entered my house as fast as possible. I confessed. I finally confessed. 

I closed my eyes and gulped, realizing once again what I have just done. It felt like my heart was going to explode. What was his reaction? I couldn't see it. I had turned my back to him quickly and disappeared, leaving him speechless. I was glad he did not follow me. I peeked at the window if Baekhyun was still there and as expected he was still siting in his car. It didn't take long until Baekhyun drove away. I let out a sigh in relief. He did not text or call me either. 

I didn't feel like doing anything except for waiting until Dong Wook oppa would arrive. It was so quiet here. Only the clock was ticking. I went into my bedroom and left my suitcase there before heading to the living room. I must have stared on the display of my phone for hours hesitating to call Baekhyun. What will I say then? What will he say? 

I shook my head and decided not to phone him. Baekhyun might be confused and flustered because of my confession, but if he was curious he would ask me. Ask me why. My reason for liking him? Then, all the actions and our conversations would make sense to him. Baekhyun would realize why I acted in a certain way. However, the Baekhyun I knew was slow to recognize too much. Why can't you understand my heart? 

>>DONG WOOK'S POV<<

Kim Mi Kyung, again. I could not believe she simply took the next flight today to fly back to Korea. When I came into her bedroom to wake her up, she wasn't there. Her suitcase and her things were gone and I knew what she was up to. When Mi Jung told me about her sister, I could not believe my ears. She was already on the plane and arrived in Korea. I wanted to call a driver, at least, who would pick her up from the airport. 

I immediately drove to the airport to follow her and I had to hurry to get a seat for the next flight. In school it was something else if I wasn't by her side. I was always within easy reach if Mi Kyung needed something. She could've told me. I didn't know the reason for suddenly leaving but I had to make sure sh was safe. What if something happens on her way? 

The worst thing was that Chairman Kim and his wife did not know Mi Kyung left. Apart from scolding her, her parents couldn't do much. I was the closest person to Mi Kyung. It was my duty to protect Mi Kyung. Also the second daughter, Mi Jung, but I was not the main guardian for her. I had to pay back to her parents for doing a lot for me when I was younger. 

Once I arrived at the Incheon Airport, I took a taxi to Chuncheon and tried calling Mi Kyung. I was worried. She was surely at home, but Mi Kyung didn't answer my call. Did she leave to meet a friend? Was she sleeping? I was really hoping for one of these options but I thought of the worst case. Isn't it natural?

Well, Mi Kyung was probably fine and safe. She was a reliable person and she would turn nineteen soon. She knew how to take care of herself. Worrying about her didn't get me anywhere, too.

It was silent as soon as I entered the Kim residence. Suspiciously silent. Could Mi Kyung have really gone somewhere? She didn't even leave me a note or send me a text message. I was starting to worry again. I knocked on the door of her bedroom, but received no answer. I carefully entered her bedroom to check on Mi Kyung, but she wasn't inside. Her phone was in the living room, but there were not any signs of Mi Kyung. Kim Mi Kyung isn't like that.

I took her cellphone to look for the person she contacted the last time. Maybe he or she knew something. Besides, I knew all of her contacts anyway and I had to know, either. I krespected Mi Kyung's privacy, however, if something happened I was the one at fault. Byun Baekhyun-ssi?

After trying to recall who Byun Baekhyun was, I remembered the last time when Mi Kyung asked me to drive her somewhere when we were still in States. The Byun residence. Byun Baekhyun was the younger sibling then. Mi Kyung wanted to talk to him, I remembered. 

I tried to reach him. He was the last person she contacted. I didn't know about their relationship, though. Mi Kyung can't disappear so easily. In the meantime, while I was dialing his number, I continued looking for Mi Kyung in the house.

>>BAEKHYUN'S POV<<

I was sitting in my bedroom and staring at the ceiling. I didn't know what to do. All of a sudden Mi Kyung confessed to me. I didn't see it coming, I never expected Mi Kyung to say that. Also, it became clear to me all at once. I started understanding why Mi Kyung acted distant towards me after we got slightly closer and spent time together. I was wondering why she avoided me. Mi Kyung always changed when we encountered each other. There was one final action left. I remembered getting thrown at with a basketball outside the restaurant. Mi Kyung really must've been mad and disappointed in me. I felt bad. 

Getting up, I looked at myself in the mirror. I thought about Mi Kyung again. When did she start liking me? How did that happen? And why? Even though the reactions were big when I surveyed the school, this was literally the first time I received a love confession from a girl. Should I like it or not? How am I supposed to react? 

I heard my phone ringing and I immediately gazed the display. It's Mi Kyung. I froze for a second and felt my heart beating faster. I was nervous. She was calling. I gulped. I should answer the call, shouldn't I? Perhaps, Mi Kyung simply wanted to talk to me. Maybe even about the confession. Judging from the way she reacted after she confessed, she was sincere and not joking. I couldn't even see her after that. I guess she wanted to be alone then. Hesitating, I answered the call before Mi Kyung would hang up. 

"I was just about to hang up, Byun Baekhyun-ssi. I am sorry for calling you." A male voice said causing me to furrow my eyebrows in confusion. Wasn't that Mr. Dong Wook? 

"Wait, is there something wrong?" I quickly asked Mi Kyung's guardian and started getting nervous. "Why are you calling with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter