Hint

EXO SERIES: Byun Baekhyun's Heart's Desire [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

>>BAEKHYUN'S POV<<

I was at a friend's house to study together with the rest of the group. However, I was too deep in my thoughts that I couldn't listen to their conversation. I didn't care now. It was not too long ago that I saw Mi Kyung. It was good that Seoul wasn't far away from here, but I wished the drive there would've been a little longer. We talked during the drive, it was amusing and enjoyable. Talking to her felt like talking to my friends here. It was familiar. 

The reason why I fell for Kwon Chae Won? My father mentioned her again one day. I asked him not to even say anything related to her when I was around. I didn't want to know about her. Anyways, when I fell for Kwon Chae Won I thought she was just a mere crush at first. One of the reasons was her physical appearance which didn't mean that I was superficial. I could not deny Kwon Chae was a beauty. I didn't care about her background when I met her. She was simply gentle. That's what I had thought. Chae Won seemed like a gentle person to me. We met by coincidence, but when I found out that my family knew her family it was quite easy for me to approach her. Nothing more to our so-called love story. 

I was naive when I thought she wanted me love, either. However, in the first stages of our relationship there were barely any signs that Kwon Chae Won would turn into what she was now. She was caring and cute at first and then she slowly started to show her true self. I couldn't blame her, though. Everyone liked certain things. In Kwon Chae Won's case, she just liked money. That's it. 

Anyways, I knew I shouldn't compare. But when I met Kim Mi Kyung while I was dating Chae Won for about four months, I simply found her attractive. Wasn't I allowed to find other girls attractive? Well, then I realized Mi Kyung was really not easy to handle. Later on, I saw we were pretty similar. We had a lot of things in common, but we were still so different. How contradictory. We didn't start off well yet Mi Kyung was the closest to me among everyone in her school. I had never expected that she would develop romantic feelings for me. 

Now I began to realize that she was really genuine and sincere about her feelings. They were only temporary according to Mi Kyung. Apparently, she already moved on. Maybe, her feelings weren't as strong as she thought. Maybe, I was really so easy to forget. This would explain why Kwon Chae Won didn't even get upset when she heard about the engagement cancellation. She loved money way more than me. 

Kim Mi Kyung liked me and I had no idea. I couldn't return her feelings because I wasn't able. I must've really hurt her. I was stupid when I suggested to be friends with her. I sincerely wanted to be her friend, I wanted to be comfortable with her like my other friends but I was inconsiderate of Mi Kyung. I thought that if Mi Kyung moved on, it was easy. Never did I think of how Mi Kyung must've felt when I proposed that to her. I felt guilty. It was too late anyway. Being loved, I suddenly realized how important and serious it actually is. I was unable to understand her heart. 

"Hyung, aren't you feeling well?" Kyungsoo questioned me but I only shook my head assuring him I was fine. I was only reflecting a little bit. "Then what are you thinking about? We called you a few times for five minutes." I apologized with a grin. I couldn't help thinking of that. 

"Kim Mi Kyung." I answered honestly and leaned forward to rest my chin on my palm. "I was thinking about Mi Kyung." And Kwon Chae Won. I would rather not say it. They would misunderstand.

"Tch, of course you are thinking about your girlfriend." Jong Dae teased me and nudged me elbow. "You've never been so honest. It's scary. You're even admitting it." 

"She isn't my girlfriend." I said and lowered my head. I felt guilty at first, then I felt relieved again and now I was feeling bad. Mood swings probably? "Mi Kyung and I are friends. Our families are cooperating." 

"You are practically saying that you like her." Yeon Rin responded and patted my shoulder since she was sitting next to me. "Aigoo, our Baekhyunie is in fact growing up I knew it. Forget about your ex-girlfriend. I think that heiress is fine. She's nice either. Perfect for you, Baekhyun-ah." 

I let out a laugh. "At least you get along with her." That was what I had hoped for the most. Kwon Chae Won didn't get along with them. I did not even have the opportunity to formally introduce them to each other. Chae Won always had the same excuse. We weren't dating for long so she wanted to wait a little more. My friends saw her sometimes, because I told them about Chae Won. One time when Dong Hyuk and Chanyeol intended to start a conversation with her, she excused herself and refused to talk to them. The naive boy I was, I tried defending Chae Won and claimed she was shy. Kwon Chae Won was everything but that.

"Remember when Mi Kyung came here to find the way to my house? Did she really only ask about my address?" I decided to avoid Yeon Rin's answer by changing the topic. "How did she even get here in first place?" 

Yeon Rin shrugged and closed her text book. "Someone probably brought her. I suddenly received a phone call where Mi Kyung asked me about my address first. When she arrived she wanted to know if you were there. You four are there most of the time after all. We took a taxi to your house and that's it. Do you think she followed you? I don't think Mi Kyung would go this far." 

">http://

I tilted my head and thought about what Yeon Rin told me. Mi Kyung still came all the way from Seoul. She even made a detour. Two wasted hours to drive to Chanyeol and Yeon Rin. "That's it?" Yeon Rin nodded her head and her expression turned from bored to suspicious. "Stop thinking about useless things and ask her yourself. Mi Kyung is a nice girl. The first girl you personally introduced to us either. We can totally see through you, she is your type." Yeon Rin reminded me and the others agreed to her. 

"Must be nice, Baekhyun." Dong Hyuk patted my back and let out a laugh. "I hadn't thought you will be so popular with the girls from other schools. In our school you are just you." 

"Yah! Whatever, thanks for that I guess." I responded laughing and got up taking my bag. "That was it with studying for me. I'm get going." I waved them goodbye and was about to go. They still continued teasing me, though, even when I was already outside the house. 

"You have a smart girlfriend who can help you. Ask her to study together." Jong Dae shouted before I entered my car. These kids. I started the engine and headed to Mi Kyung's school. Was it normal that I felt so nervous? It didn't take long until I was stuck in the traffic. Seoul's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter