Confused

EXO SERIES: Byun Baekhyun's Heart's Desire [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

>>MI KYUNG'S POV<<

The summer holidays were over now. I had to go back to school and end my senior year too. Until now, I encountered a lot of people who envied me about the way I lived and my position. I was not a chaebol, but I was wealthy compared to others and I was the heiress of a huge company. However, if I was a normal student who never heard of the life of an heiress, I would say that I wished I could be her but now where I really was that heiress, I realized how hard this life could be. Buying lots of things and live in luxury? Tch.

My future. How will it look like? I was always wondering. I imagined myself sitting in an office doing paperwork for the company when my parents would be too old and weak to do that. I wished someone else would ease the burden on me and replace me, but then again I did not want anyone to suffer instead of me, because it wasn't as easy as one might have thought. Eomma and abeoji didn't like arranged marriages as well, but if I was still single ten years from now on they would likely arrange on for me. They wanted to see their grandchildren before they died. That's what they told me, at least.

"Yah! Eonni!" Mi Jung pulled me out of my thoughts and threw a pillow at me. "Still the same. You always sleep and I am always the one to wake you up." She shook her head at me and left my bedroom afterwards. "Dong Wook oppa drives without you in five minutes!" I could hear my little sister shouting while she was going downstairs. I got changed really quickly and grabbed my suitcase and my guitar before rushing down the stairs. I immediately entered the car and apologized to Dong Wook that it took so long.

"Eonni, you're so old now." My little sister commented and looked at me. "You should start dating before you are too old and nobody wants you anymore. Or perhaps, you are already dating?" Mi Jung raised her eyebrows at me and I could see her eyes widen.

I let out a dry laugh. "Tch. Wether I am dating or not, do you think I will tell you?" I was asking myself if Baekhyun would make a surprise visit at my school or if he would still text me after what happened. Maybe he also didn't even want to talk to me. Who knows?

"Yah, my sister is so suspicious." Mi Jung teased me and nudged my elbow. "Dong Wook oppa, keep an eye on Mi Kyung eonni. She might have a boyfriend. Can you imagine that?" 

"No way, Mi Kyung is too young. She can't have a boyfriend." Dong Wook oppa responded while laughing. "Right, Mi Kyung?" He teased me and focused on driving. 

"Oppa! Kim Mi Jung!" I shouted and glared at my little sister. "I am not dating and I am not too young. Just imagine that I am already married. I wouldn't tell you anyway." 

"I guess you really don't have a boyfriend. I think you will be nicer then, but who knows if dating doesn't change you at all? Don't ruin my fantasy, eonni. Men are standing in line for you but you aren't interested." Mi Jung replied and let out a frustrated sigh. "Whatever, you will regret it one day." I surely won't.

Mi Jung was the first to leave. I embraced her tightly, already missing my little sister because we wouldn't see each other anymore until winter break even though she made me crazy sometimes. I watched her entering the school and then Dong Wook oppa drove me to my school. "We arrived, Mi Kyung." Dong Wook said stopping the car. I felt nervous at the beginning of the year. Dong Wook handed me the suitcase and I said goodbye to him as well. He drove to his apartment in Seoul afterwards. I looked around. This familiar place.  

There was no announcement from Principal Yoo today. She only made one at the beginning of the year when the new students would come to our school. I carried my guitar on my back and held my suitcase in one hand. I already forgot where to go to find my dormitory room. My juniors passed me, some students in my grade but I was looking for Ye Jin. She always arrived earlier than me.

Luckily, I was able to find her somewhere inside the school building. She led us to our dormitory room and we started a conversation about everything that happened during the holidays. Well, Ye Jin probably expected me to mention Baekhyun, didn't she? 

"I didn't stay long anyway. I already flew back to Chuncheon after roughly one or two weeks." I explained to my friend and lied down on my bed. "So much happened that my head hurts. I don't want to think about it at all." 

Ye Jin smirked at me and sat down on her bed opposite of me. "Tell me about it. What did Baekhyun do? You didn't even bother to text me during the holidays."

"I wanted to, really." I said smiling weakly. Letting out a sigh, I began to narrate but hold it briefly. "My family only wanted to spend a nice holiday at the coast and a business dinner with some people my parents knew. Turned out it was Baekhyun's family. During that dinner, it was revealed that Baekhyun was engaged to Kwon Chae Won." 

Ye Jin raised her eyebrows in confusion. "I thought they broke up. Did she seduce him again?" 

I shook my head laughing at her question. I shouldn't be laughing, though. "I have no idea, but his father arranged a marriage for them. She got paid for that. However, somehow they managed to cancel the engagement and Baekhyun is the normal heir again without a lover." 

"That's good news, isn't it? Where is the problem? I mean, you can use that advantage and approach him. Mi Kyung-ah, you keep telling me that you aren't interested, but compared to the other girls you are way more close to Baekhyun than anyone else. You simply have the ability yet you deny everything." Ye Jin commented teasingly causing me to shake my head again. I forgot to tell her about the most important aspect. 

"I confessed to Baekhyun." I cut Ye Jin off as she wanted to continue. That made her widen her eyes at me and immediately become silent. My best friend was dumbfounded. "I confessed to Baekhyun that I like him." 

"What?!" Ye Jin questioned me and threw a pillow at me, the second pillow to be thrown at me this morning. "You confessed to Baekhyun? I didn't even know you like him! You never told me! Yah, I am so disappointed." Ye Jin frowned and crossed her arms at me. I apologized for not having told her, but I was confused either. "And you are sure that you do like him?" 

I nodded my head slowly. "I reached a point where I can't deny my feelings anymore." I fell for Baekhyun. That's it.

"What did Baekhyun say? Did he confess back? Are you two dating now? Did Baekhyun already propose and you two are planning to get married and have children?" Ye Jin wanted to know causing me to laugh but also to sigh again. I shook my head for everything and Ye Jin obviously understood. "I'll kill him. How come every guy fall for you but him? You even received a confession from that Seung Joon guy. He proably fell for you at first sight." A good example is Baekhyun. He can't fall for me. 

"It's a pity, I can't believe it. I am still disappointed you didn't tell me, but I was so happy when I heard that and now you are saying Baekhyun rejected you?" Ye Jin gazed me sadly. "You can't give up now, Mi Kyung. You need to fight and make him like you back." 

"Forget it, this will end bad I'm telling you. I got rejected and I wanted to avoid him from that moment on in order to move on. But Baekhyun insisted on a comfortable friendship between us. Baekhyun and I can't be friends." I responded and stared at the ground. "I know we haven't seen each other for a while, but I want to take a little walk outside for a bit. I need to reflect."

"I don't mind. Just don't get lost, Mi Kyung. Don't make it hard for yourself, too." Ye Jin shouted before I smiled at her and left the dormitory room. Talking to her made me feel better, but it didn't help me organizing my thoughts. I left the school and faced several students who arrived even later than me and entered the dormitories. I looked for a nice and shady place on the school campus. While walking, I was looking down and spotted something shiny on the grass. An earring? A necklace? A charm? 

I picked it up and observed it. Perhaps there was a name engraved. It was a necklace made of silver. I opened the locket on the silver necklace and was surprised to see the picture inside. Then I looked around the place where I found the necklace. I remembered that Baekhyun and I studied here for the midterm exams once. The necklace belonged to him. That would explain why this picture was inside the locket. It was showing him and me in Lotte World where we captured a photo. I had a lot of fun that day.  

Sitting down on the grass, I watched the events taking place in front of me. I felt old all of a sudden. I opened the locket again and beheld the small photo. If this really belonged to Baekhyun which I barely doubted, why did he put us in the locket? What about Kwon Chae Won? However, it was after their breakup.

"I knew you would be here." I heard Baekhyun's voice and turned around, looking up. Baekhyun took off the jacket of his school uniform and placed it on the grass for me to sit on. "How were you doing the last weeks?" 

"Don't worry about me, I am fine." I responded reassuring him. I didn't want Baekhyun to feel sympathy for me and I hoped it wasn't the reason why he was here. For me personally, I preferred it if he never showed up instead of always popping out of the nowhere. "Shouldn't you be at school now?" I questioned Baekhyun and held the locket tightly. I had to give it back to him. How long must it have been there? 

Baekhyun nodded and smiled at me, ever so brightly. "Yes, I should." Then why did he bother to come here to Seoul and drive half an hour to meet me. "I wanted to see how you were doing, that's it." Baekhyun turned his head away and lowered his gaze. He asked me about what I was holding. 

"You mean this?" I held the necklace and showed it to him. Baekhyun was clearly surprised but his reaction was calm. "I found it just now. You must have lost it here, Baekhyun." I handed him the necklace and he carefully took it. 

"Did you open the locket?" Baekhyun asked me and I was thinking about if I should lie or not. However, it was obvious for Baekhyun. "The picture is nicely taken, isn't it? I've told you that I'm keeping the memory." Literally. "It suits you better than me, though. Besides you found it so here, keep it." Baekhyun gave it back to me and smiled.  

When Baekhyun and I visited Lotte World, I didn't have any feelings towards him. Now that I thought back to that day, I regretted I didn't enjoy it more. I should've enjoyed it more, because I would never ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter