Leaving

EXO SERIES: Byun Baekhyun's Heart's Desire [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Thanks for reading, and for supporting my second story hehe ^^

---

>>MI KYUNG'S POV<<

Ye Jin and I studied until the school bell rang and the teacher entered the class. Then we began. I gazed the exam and read the texts and tasks. Today was the last exam day for me. After that, I would finally be able to breathe again, for now. The holidays would start a while after the midterms and then I would see my family again. 

I took a deep breath and turned my head to the windows. Everything was quiet, not even a single person was walking down the hallway in the school building. I let out an inaudible sigh and turned back to the exam, starting with the first task.

Somehow, I always drifted away with my thoughts. I was wondering if Baekhyun was in the same situation like me right now, taking on the midterm exams. And I asked myself if he would go to see Kwon Chae Won or not. Why do I care?

I almost had a heart attack when I realized that Baekhyun was standing at the window. Not the ones where you could see the outside of the school. Baekhyun stood there and looked through the classroom. Then his eyes met mine, causing me to turn back to the test. Obviously, he wasn't in school right now. He should though.

The rest of the exam was quite easy. I finished it and then the time was over. We left the classroom and the first thing I did was leaning against the wall and feel relieved that I was done. I remembered that Baekhyun was here and got back to my senses. I hadn't expected Baekhyun to show up. 

"Did you do well?" Baekhyun asked me but I didn't even manage to not. I wasn't sure, I felt neutral about this. "Thanks to my help, of course you did well. Let's go outside to the schoolyard so you can rest." 

I turned my head to Ye Jin who was standing next to me. I was about to refuse to Baekhyun's invitation because I wanted to hang out with my friend, but Ye Jin pushed me a little bit forward and told me to meet later in the classroom. 

"What are you even doing here? Don't you have to be in school?" I left the school building and walked around the schoolyard with Baekhyun next to me. Baekhyun let out a laugh and gave me a smile.

"I just finished with the midterms earlier. I came here to visit you the last time, although I said it already. Something came up so I was able to come to Seoul again, but I won't after the holidays. This might be the last time you see me in front of you." Baekhyun's expression changed and his smile faded. I would see his charismatic smile everytime he showed up, but I rarely got to see this serious side of him. 

Baekhyun kept a straight face. "I am here to say goodbye." He patted my head all of a sudden and his smile returned for a second because he chuckled. With that action of Baekhyun, my heart beat a little faster. Rather because I was embarrassed.

"Mi Kyung?" I heard Baekhyun calling me, causing me to look up. "You've been zoning out. Are you alright?" Baekhyun's soft voice pulled me back to reality. 

I nodded my head slowly and smiled, a weak one. At the least I could shake hands with him, we weren't that close. We shared one kiss, one date and maybe he visited the school sometimes, but Baekhyun and I didn't have a special relation. 

Holding out my hand, I waited for Baekyhun to shake it but he didn't move. We would certainly meet again, even if it was coincidentally but for now, we wouldn't. So I gazed his hand and leaned forward to take it as a goodbye on my part, but Baekhyun pulled his hand away. 

I looked up in surprise, but I didn't let it show on my face. Baekhyun was looking back at me sternly that it was making me feel uneasy. His glare sent cold shivers down my spine, I have never seen him like this. 

"Arasso." I said avoiding his eyes. If Baekhyun didn't even want to do a handshake, a simple "goodbye" was enough. Or not even that.

"Live a happy life." I wanted to add. I really had the urge to say that and just leave, but I left it at that and said goodbye, before entering the school building as the school bell has already rung. 

"Have you packed everything?" Ye Jin asked me and closed her bag. I looked through the room and then back to my best friend. I slowly nodded and let out a sigh before leaving the dormitory room. 

"I hope so." I answered and went to the entrance with Ye Jin. "How should we get through this?" I pointed on the crowd of students who waited to be picked up by their parents or whatever. I was able to relax now, finally. Unless eomma and abeoji wanted me to work and educate myself during the holidays. 

Our juniors really grow a lot and they are almost taller than me. 

We arrived in front of the boarding school. I could already see my sister from here. 

"Mi Kyung-ah, my father is waiting there." She pointed on a white car further away. "I will greet the little Mi Jung and Dong Wook before I'll go." Ye Jin said as we headed towards my car. I stowed my bags in the car while Mi Jung and Ye Jin talked to each other.

After a while, Ye Jin's father showed up and greeted us before they both had to leave. I waved my best friend goodbye and entered the car with Mi Jung.

"Mi Jung, belated happy birthday." I put my arm around her shoulder and handed her a small gift.  

"My birthday was one month ago, eonni. But thank you." Mi Jung said smiling at me. "So did anything happen the past months? It must be really exciting to be a senior." 

Exciting? Yeah right.

I would sleep on our way to San Francisco. Eomma and abeoji already went there earlier because Mi Jung and I went to school. Suddenly I remembered that I met some guy a while ago before the school festival. If I was right, his name was Yoon Seung Joon and he lived in America. Since we would spend our holidays in America, I was sure it would get boring after some time and he was the only person I knew.

The three of us left the car and boarded on the plane. I looked for my right seat and leaned back, finally being able to close my eyes and get some sleep. Looking out of the window, I thought back on the day when Baekhyun left. 

Dong Wook oppa and Mi Jung sat down next to me, causing me to open my eyes again. I turned my head to look at them. Mi Jung listened to music when I opened my eyes and Dong Wook oppa casually leaned back because the plane hasn't taken off yet. 

"Oppa, do eomma and appa have a schedule with someone including us? Business dinners or simple meetings, I really don't want to go." I said and sighed because there was always something to do. 

"There's one schedule for Mi Jung and you. A business dinner with someone who might cooperate with us soon, but nothing is sure yet. That's the only thing." Dong Wook oppa responded and I felt relieved th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter