Of Tears & Comfort

The Professional Cha-Cuddler
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 33

The next morning when Leo woke up, he let out a sigh of relief as he found N still sound asleep beside him. N nuzzled his face in Leo's neck, tightening his arm around the waist. Leo realized that the sun rays were disturbing him so he moved the blinds. N's face relaxed. Leo loved waking up like this, with N pressed so close to him.
He checked the time, and reluctantly got up, deciding to make breakfast. He got out of the bed and turned to look at N, still sleeping soundly, looking downright beautiful. He loved to see N like this, wrapped around in his sheets, in his bed. He could definitely get used to waking up like his. After much hesitation and contemplation, he leaned down and placed a soft kiss on his forehead, tips of ears tinged impossibly red.
I am so whipped. He mentally kicked himself for feeling like a giddy high school girl in love.
.
.
Leo flipped the pancake and hummed softly in delight when it was a pretty golden color. He made coffee and got banana milk shake for N. He was so busy that he almost didn’t hear the soft footsteps approaching him.
Leo’s back was facing him as he cooked. N who was still sleepy but enough awake to notice Leo broad frame approached him. N poured himself a glass of water and Leo finally noticed him.
“You’re awake.” Leo noted, corners of lips slightly curling at Hakyeon’s bed hair as he put the pancake in the plate. N nodded, gulping the water down in one go, feeling slightly awkward because he felt so comfortable here. The homey feeling making him all giddy and warm inside. Leo put the mountain of pancakes in front of N and N took a seat, immediately beaming as he saw the banana milk. He moaned at the first bite causing Leo to look up in surprise…the sound had been...misleading to say the least . They stayed silent throughout the breakfast. When they finished, Leo put the dishes away while N sat still not moving and still sipping on his precious banana milk. Leo hadn’t asked him any questions, to which he was glad but N felt like he had to tell him. It was awfully quiet, Leo’s back facing him once again as he washed the dishes. N quietly got up, leaving the half empty milk pack on the table.
For once the silence was eating him alive. It was just the two of them not saying anything...Leo almost wished he lived in the country so there was at least a chirping of birds. Sadly he didn't so the only noise was the soft hum from the air con and the water Leo sighed. But immediately tensed as he felt a weight on his back.

N leaned his forehead against Leo back. He sensed Leo tensing. Tears gathered in his eyes as he remembered the messed up situation he was in. Hyuk, his father and Leo. Everything was a mess. Why is it always like this with me? He sniffed and Leo’s heart dropped. They stood there like that, Leo’s hands stopped washing the dishes as the water ran in front of him.

After a while, in between sniffs and hiccups, N spoke up, voice just slightly above a whisper, "Abeoji is a terrible human being. I hate him for what he did to Hyuk but.....I can’t bring myself to despise him. Whatever he did, he is still my father you know…my only blood relative....when I saw him inside that cell...I wanted to just release him somehow...I told Hyukkie I would testify against him but Woonie, I don’t think I can. I don't think I can…I can't do it…even if it’s the right thing to do....And if I don't, Hyukkie will be hurt, I can't bear to see him in any more pain, he is my baby brother..."

He started weeping and that’s when the dam broke. Leo swiftly turned around and grasped him in a tight hug nuzzling his face in his neck...He couldn’t bear to see him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter