Reunion-I

The Professional Cha-Cuddler
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 28

Hyuk watched as his father was taken away. The ever sophisticated, multi-billionaire, Cha Jaehyun shouting and uttering profanities, struggling to get free. But Hyuk just watched with a blank face, no sympathy on his face whatsoever. He felt light, in a sense, though his work was only half-way done. It wasn’t gonna be easy, he knew that much. This couldn’t end with just Cha Jaehyun behind the bars. There was the company and then there was the press. Plus Hakyeon never knew about his father’s misdeeds. A lot of explanation and business was in order. But right now, Hyuk would deal with what is important and that was; meeting his father. The real one this time.
His phone rang and ‘Hongbin-hyung’ displayed on the screen. “Hyung…”  “Hyuk, everything okay? How’d it go?” Hyuk smiled slightly, the deep and concerned tone of Hongbin’s voice helping to calm him some. “It went fine I guess. He’s gone for good though it doesn’t end here…” He could almost see Hongbin nod. “Hmm…hey, do you want to...meet up?” The hesitation was clear in Hongbin’s voice and it made Hyuk smile some more. “As much as I would love to, I have one more thing to deal with but thanks Hyung. I’ll meet you as soon as I’m done with everything.”  “Okay then, take care Hyuk-ah. Bye.”  “Mhmm, bye Hyung.” Hyuk sighed as the call ended. It won’t be long until the news spreads, it was better to get done with it. Hyuk nodded to himself and made his way out.
.
.
Hyuk sat nervously on the uncomfortable chair in the police station, tapping his feet nervously as he waited. They hadn’t let him in, telling him to wait as they brought his father out. Hyuk’s head snapped up as he heard footsteps approaching and his eyes made contact with ones that were very similar to his own. He was speechless as he stood up and observed the man that was his parent. My father…. It was like looking at an old version of him. The similarity was striking. The exact same face map only wrinkly and old with age. He was also almost as tall as himself, slumped a bit from age and skinny. Very skinny obviously from the not very good treatment that was provided to the prisoners.
He saw as his father’s eyes filled with tears, as if made of glass as he whispered his son’s name “Sanghyukkie….” And that was all it took for Hyuk to proceed forward and embrace his father with all his might, taking a shuddering breath to keep his own tears at bay. “Appa…” There were no words exchanged. None were needed to. They had time for that now….
After the heart-wrenching reunion and completing the formalities of his father’s release, they were on their way home. Hyuk’s father asked him the question that had been bugging him for quite a while. “What happened Hyuk-ah? How…Jaehyun…?” He stopped as Hyuk stiffened. “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter