Obscurity

[INDEFINITE HIATUS] Back To Memories

 

 

Show me how it ends alright,

Show me how defenseless you really are,

Satisfied and empty inside,

Well, that’s alright, let’s give this another try.

 


 

Cold.

 

She was swimming in a sea of pitch black darkness surrounding her, suffocating her.

 

“Stay with me…”

 

That voice. Why does it sound familiar?

 

“I love you …”

 

A light slowly penetrate weakly through the darkness. That voice again. Did it come from there?

 

“Hyo …”

 

A man’s voice, it sounded so crestfallen and grief-stricken, it wrenched her heart. Unknowingly, she reached out aimlessly for the voice, fighting hard against the darkness that threatened to fully consume her again.

 

Her eyes fluttered open weakly, enough to see a sorrowful face hovering over her, his face streaked with tears. Who …?

 

“C-c-cold …” She whispered, her chattering voice lacking any strength. The world around her darkened again. She felt his body next to hers, holding her tightly, rubbing her hands and arms in an effort to warm her up.

 

“You’ll be all right. I promise you.” She heard him said, in great gasps of air as she felt his body trembled with sobs. She tried blinking a few times to clear her vision, tried to grasp the little bit of reality but the weight of the darkness was far too strong.

 

 She was again back into the obscurity.

 


 

Kikwang stood apart from others, watching them.

Watching her.

 

Running a hand through his hair, he leaned back against a tree with shaking hands to light a lighter. He couldn’t bring himself to take a drag though, throwing it to the ground and crushed it under his shoe. She wouldn’t approve.

 

Never had.

 

The bubbles Minhwan blew popped in Hyosung’s face and the air was immediately filled with her cheerful giggles. That mere sound coming from her was like music to his ear, a sound he would never take for granted. Never again. Not after everything that happened.

 

Three months had passed since Daehyun’s departure, and roughly a month since she had forgotten who Kikwang is. Yes, she had forgotten the entire period of his existence in her life. Zilch. Her fail attempt in committing suicide in the rough sea a month ago resulted with her brutally knocked senseless upon the jagged rock, putting her back into a temporary coma once again.

 

Miraculously, she woke up a week later but it seemed the world hadn’t had enough with her – she awoke with both lacunar and selective amnesias. Despite everyone convincing her about Daehyun, she refused to take everything in and believed that “you guys are hiding him somewhere”. It was devastating and he would never forgive himself for it. It was his fault.

 

It got more harrowing when she remembered everyone clearly except him. His heart wrenched badly recalling what he saw in her eyes when she looked at him; a look of a perfect stranger who feared him. She would start to cry if he was to come near her, reaching to a point where doctor had to restrict him from visiting her, to avoid meddling with her recovery period.

 

“ what the doctor said,” A pat on his shoulder startled him out of his deep thought and Jonghoon stood next to him, a knowing look on his face. They had come to be good friend over the time, both trying to slowly recover from what was lost. “Just go to her man.”

 

“But she –”

 

“Go.” Jonghoon interrupted and gave him a stern look. “She needs you, you know –”

 

“Bull. The last person she would want to have anything with is me, Jonghoon. You of all people know that.” He said, spasm of pain spread across his heart admitting to an obvious truth. He took a deep breath and looked over at Hyosung not far from there, laughing hysterically, begging Dongwoon to put her down and not throw her into the lake. A broken smile slowly spread across his face. “This is where I deserve to be – close but  far away. I don’t want to be cause of pain in her life any longer. She’s not worthy any of it.”

 

For a long time, neither spoke a thing. The group's screams and laughters filled the silence before he felt Jonghoon's hand on his shoulder, squeezing it.

 

“You know what you said are full of s, man.” Jonghoon stared at him for a long time and patted his shoulders once again, before making his way to the group. He stopped halfway and gave Kikwang a disapprove smile. “It is now or never.” He walked away and went to join the group.

 

He knew. He just refused to let it go to his head. He wanted to take the full blame for what happened. It made things a lot less worse somehow. The wind blew softly across the park, playing with his tendrils and he closed his eyes in deep contemplation before her laughter once again chimed in the air and his eyes flew open.

 

He knew from that he already made his resolve. That . He chuckled to himself. He hated how Jonghoon could read his actions and thoughts now.

 

All right, he’ll give it a try again. Kikwang thought before making his way to them.

 

To her.

 


 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

 

Hey guys ... if there is any one left that is. It has been almost a year from my last update. I don't deserve an apology really because I don't have any excuses for it tbh. I just ... lost the passion in making new stories. But last night changed it, when I re-watched OMS and it made me remember what I ship these two in the first place and why I started writing fanfics for them.

 

I miss these two together, really.

 

Anyway, hope you enjoy your read and till next time (not sure when and not going to promise either).

Taaa!