Obsession

[INDEFINITE HIATUS] Back To Memories

 

This is your last chance to make, a confession
I'll wear you around my neck, my possession
Oh how I love the way you taste, my obsession
And don't you know control requires your deception.

 

— Breathe Carolina's My Obsession.

 

 

 

 


 

 

Lounging back against the plush velvet cushion of his booth, Lee Kikwang closed his eyes and let his surroundings seeped into him – he just wanted the loud club music to drown his sorrow. He blindly reached for the glass of beer on the table and gulped it down, the liquid burnt as it reached his throat. He flashed back what happened last night in his head.

 

 

****

 

“How could you ing do that to her?!” Dongwoon yelled across the room, Doojoon at his side, restraining Dongwoon from charging at him again. Kikwang clenched and unclenched his jaw; the pain from Dongwoon’s blow on it was still throbbing like hell. “She don’t deserve this, you know she don’t but why did you ing do it? Why?” His punch to the wooden wall shattered the whole house.

 

“Dongwoon, get a grip of yourself please!” Doojoon pulled him away and shook his shoulders but Dongwoon pushed him aside and strode to Kikwang, hands on his collar. He didn’t fight; he knew he deserved it.

 

“Please, hyung. I’m begging you. Stop all this madness already, please!” Dongwoon dropped onto his knees and begged. “She is like a dear sister to me and it hurts me to see her so broken like that all over again. Just please ... stop breaking her into pieces again.”

 

“Have you forgotten your promise to Mrs Hoon, hyung?”

 

****

 

Forgotten the sacred promise? Never in a million years. On Mrs. Hoon deathbed just moments before she let out her final breath, a promise between them was made.

 

“I promise you, I will protect her and DaeDae from all the dangers in the world. I will never leave her alone to face the life trials on her own. I will be there for her through her ups and downs in life, Mrs. Hoon, so you don’t have to worry now. I will always be by her side. Always.”

 

Hyosung mourned for months for her departure, unable to accept the fact that the person whom she loved the most left her to face the cruel world alone. That was when Kikwang stepped into her life fully; he took her and Daehyun into his life, being there for them whether she wanted it or not. Hyosung refused to be taken in by his mother and had been raising Daehyun by her own ever since Mrs. Hoon departure. No one in the right mind would think it was possible for her to do so, but she managed to, even if it meant leading a tough life. He had so much respect in her for that.

 

So what are you doing now, ? You’re breaking the very sacred promise you swore to kept! Hot tears brimmed in his eyes as he remembered the look she had when he handed her his pendant, that beautiful eyes tainted with deep sorrow and pain which was inflicted by him. How much tears have she shed for him, he lost count.

 

He just wanted for it to end, all the suffering he caused her.

It was for the better.

 

At least she have Jonghoon to look after her. He grabbed the beer bottle and gulped more liquor down, and was stopped when a hand took the bottle off his. He felt his anger surged at the sight beside him.

 

“Cut it, Kikwang. I don’t want to drag your sorry drunk again tonight.” Min hissed and placed the bottle far away from him on the table. “We have photo shoot tomorrow, okay? Get a grip.” She rolled her eyes at him.

 

“Oh, are you tired of me already? Wasn’t it you who wanted me so badly?” He sneered, grabbing back the bottle across him and pushed her so that he was on top. Min struggled to break free but he grip harder, a crooked smile on his face. “Remember, you made me signed up for this.”

 

“What’s gotten into you?! I thought you said you love me.” She continued to struggle beneath him but he ignored her. He was thankful that the club was dark enough for him to act like so.

 

“Love? Threatening me ... that is what you call love? Bull, Min.” He cupped her cheeks and made her face him, angry tears started to fall. He glared into her eyes. “You got what you want. I might be with you physically, but you will never get a taste what my real love can do. Ever. Thank you for destroying my life and do enjoy being in misery with me until the contract ends.” He released her and walked away, laughing out loud.

 

“You ! I’ll show you what I can do!” Min sat up straight and slammed her fist down the table, breathing hard. “I won’t get your love? Then I’ll make sure you won’t ever give it to your precious Hyosung either. Just you wait.” Min smirked and giggled alone at their booth.

 

“You want to make my life miserable? Not before I make yours even worse, Kikwang.”

 

 

 



 

 

“Daehyun, stay within my sight okay?” Hyosung called out, eyes shifting from him to the frozen food at the hypermarket. Daehyun always got excited at places like this, it worried her for bringing him along when it was time for their monthly grocery shopping. She had long stopped asking Minhwan or the other boys to help take care of him ever since the incident even though they kept offering to help her, she just couldn’t afford to have her emotion tumbling around again. The less she saw them, the less chances she would bump into him.

 

It had been almost a month and she was still standing strong with no help needed, and she planned to remain that way. Who said you need man in your life to keep it going? She didn’t, and she had proved it so far. And she had plan to leave the apartment and moved to somewhere new, somewhere that could give her a peace of mind.

 

“Noona look, ice-cream!” Daehyun called out to her, breaking her thoughts.

 

“No ice-cream until dinner, honey.” She announced while her eyes scrutinized the watermelon in her hand and gasped when she saw the price. “Oh my god, that is so expensive!” She put it back down and pushed the trolley. Hmmm, what to cook for dinner tonight? She bit down her lips as her eyes wandered around the meat area.

 

“Why hello there, Hyosung. What a wonderful surprise to see you here.” Hyosung froze hearing that voice. Oh god, please let it not be her. She whirled around and her heart did a summersault. Sakura smirked at her as she held on to Daehyun, who was eating ice-cream happily.

 

“Get away from my brother.” She immediately snatched Daehyun away from her and stepped a few feet back. “What do you want, Sakura?”

 

“I’ll get straight to the point. I want you to leave Japan.” She picked up the frozen meat and smiled at her.

 

“And why should I?” Hyosung glared at her, her grip on Daehyun tightened. “No wait, what am I doing? I don’t need to follow your orders. You want Jonghoon, you have him. I have no what so ever tie with him anymore nor am I planning to, so get out of my life please. I’m not bothering yours.” She spit out and walked away before a hand grabbed her arm hard and whirled her back.

 

“You listen to me, you filthy woman. I know what happened between you and Kikwang. Yes, he is dating Min isn’t he? Oh bohoo. Oh wait! It means, you are no longer in a relationship with him. Which also means, Jonghoon is free to comeback to you, which, I can’t afford. I can’t loose him. And you can’t have him!” Her grip on her arms tighten so much that it hurt, and Daehyun was almost in tears at the sight of Sakura’s twisted face.

 

“Let go of me, you maniac!” She tugged her arms hard and it freed. They were already making a scene, with people staring and whispering around at their sight. “You are insane, you know that? If you bother me again, or you lay even a single finger on either of us, I’ll make sure I’ll break your bones to pieces. You got me?” Hyosung left without stopping even when Sakura barked at her, and she shushed Daehyun who was already in tears at what happened.

 

“Stay away from him!” Sakura’s voiced boomed throughout the meat section and Hyosung quickened her pace, leaving her groceries behind. Her arm was still throbbing from Sakura’s grip, and she quickly halted a cab to leave the hypermarket.

 

“Noona, Daehyun scared.” Daehyun cried, his arms tightened around her neck, his tears soaked her shirt.

 

“It’s okay, honey. Noona is here. No one is going to harm you, noona promise you that. Hush.” She whispered into his ears and Hyosung was close to tears herself, chest starting to heave hard. She blinked away her tears. “No one will ever hurt us again soon, I promise.”

 

I promise you my precious Daehyun.

I promise.

 

 

 

 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

 

Hey guys!

 

So this will be my last update until god knows when since my new semester will start again tomorrow. Hurrah! -- NOT!

*cries a river.

 

Anyway, thank you to all the new subscribers! I was really amazed that people do still read this and are interested in this because I've left it dusty for almost a month plus, so ... you don't know how happy I was to get new comments and subscribers. Really, thank you! *hugs all of you.

 

Lastly, I just want to say ...

 

I'M GOING TO MEET B.A.P NEXT MONTH!

OMG YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

 

 

Okay, love you guys heap!

<3