A Clean Break

[INDEFINITE HIATUS] Back To Memories

 

I’m missing youmissing you, person I miss to death,
The words I cannot say though I miss you so much and long for you,
I’m missing youmissing you, person I loved to that extent,
Won’t you return to me again?

My dear love, dear love,
you said you couldn’t live without me,
Sadness, my pain... you pained even more…

 

— FT Island's Missing You.

 



 

 

“Why isn’t anyone opening the door, damn it.” Dongwoon grumbled under his breath as he dragged his feet to the big wooden door with the bell continued on ringing. “Yes ...? Oh! N-n-noona!” His jaw dropped to the floor when he saw Hyosung stood at the entrance. Despite wearing a huge sweatshirt that covered almost her entire body, a huge pants and a face mask, he could recognize her form anywhere.

 

“Hi Dongwoonie. Can I come in?” She asked quietly, her eyes darted around, as if afraid someone might spot her. He quickly pulled her inside and swung the door shut.

 

“Noona, you should know better than coming here at this time of the night! What if someone sees you?” He hissed and ushered her into the living room where Doojoon practically fell off the sofa at her sight.

 

“Hyosung! What are you doing here?” Doojoon asked, the exact copy of his earlier expression on Doojoon’s face. “Wait, are you here alone? Hey, how many times do I need to tell you not to walk alone in the middle of the night?” He frowned at her, both hands on his hips. Dongwoon rolled his eyes and sighed. This isn’t the time to ask that hyung!

 

“I’m really sorry but I won’t be long. Daehyun would go ballistic if he found out my bed is empty.” She smiled apologetically at them. “Anyway, I ... I just want to, uhm. Is Kikwang home ...?” Her last few words were almost inaudible as she stood there, feet shuffling. She pulled down her hoodies and that was when he saw those dark circles and swollen eyes. Dongwoon’s face fell – he dreaded this; this was all too familiar to her and everyone in the house. Too familiar indeed. He stole a glance at Doojoon and sure enough, his expression was too.

 

“I tried to call him so many times but I couldn’t seem to reach him so I came here.” She continued. “So ... is he here?” Her gleaming eyes searched his, hoping for a reply. He tried but no words came out.

 

“Uhm, he is not home yet and I think he will be really late too. I think you should go home, Hyosung. We don’t want Daehyun to throw any tantrums, do we?” Doojoon jumped in, his eyes darting back and forth to Hyosung and his, clearly getting uncomfortable with the situation. They both knew better where Kikwang was.

 

“Y-yeah, he’ll be very late noona. Why don’t you come back again tomorrow?” Dongwoon reached out for her shoulder and tried smile reassuringly. “I’ll send you home. Let’s go.” He quickly pulled her hand before she could reply and practically dragged her to the door, and was thankful she didn’t fight when she usually did. He didn’t realize he was still gripping her wrist until she pulled it off as they stood for the elevator to arrive.

 

“Dongwoonie. Please, don’t lie to me.” She quietly whispered beside him, and he didn’t dare to even glance at her. He sighed; it was déjàvu all over again. Her questioning him when he knew that she was aware what the answer would be. “It is true, isn’t it ...?” His heart twisted at the sound of her voice; he sensed pain and sadness. He chose to remain mute – it was not his right to tell her. He avoided her eyes when he ushered her into the elevator and rode the journey down with complete silence.

 

“It’s okay. I will call the cab, you don’t need to send me home.” She turned around to face him as they stepped out, and he was crestfallen at the dejected smile etched on her face. I’m sorry, noona. I really am.

 

“Noona, please.” He gave her a rueful smile; it was bad enough to mum about what was happening, he just didn’t want anything bad to happen to her for now. She sighed and nodded in agreement. They walked in silence to the basement and was about to enter his car when a red Bugatti Veyron parked right in front of his car. Oh no …

 

“What a surprise to see you here, Miss Jeon.” Kikwang said as he stepped out of the car and he eyed her, a smug look on his face. Judging from his body swayed, he must had been drinking again. Hyosung stay statue to the spot, her eyes couldn’t seem to look at him as it glued to the floor, as if trying to find words to reply but Kikwang cut her. “Oh wait, I’m sorry. Where are my manners? I’m sorry, noona.” He slurred on the last word and Hyosung’s eyes snapped up to look at his.

 

“K-Kikwang. We need to talk. Please?” She finally voiced out, stuttering on the words. He leaned against the car and looked at her, arms crossed and shrugged, his gaze cold. “Privately.” She added.

 

“No. Just talk now.” Kikwang rubbed his neck and stared indifferently at her. Hyosung was clearly taken aback with his behaviour as she stayed rooted the spot, repeatedly clenching and unclenching her sweatshirt. “Look, I’m really tired. If you have nothing to say then I’ll get going. Goodnight.” He was about to open his door when Hyosung caught his arm.

 

“Please, I just … I just need an answer.” She sounded close to tears, making Dongwoon felt useless for just standing like an idiot there while witnessing his two friends acting like strangers. Well, one though.

 

“Answer to what? Oh wait. You mean this?” Kikwang went over to the driver’s side and pulled the driver out. Dongwoon heard Hyosung gasped as Min emerged from the car, clad in a y tight leather dress that you could mistaken it for her second skin, and right away wrapped her arms around Kikwang’s waist.

 

“Hi Dongwoon! And who is … this?” Min leaned forward and scrutinized Hyosung’s clothing, her nose crunched.

 

“Just a fan of mine, no one important.” Kikwang shrugged and kissed Min’s temple, and Dongwoon clenched his fists hard at the sight. Hyung is going a little too far! “It’s late so you better get going. See you tomorrow, all right? Nights.” Dongwoon tugged Hyosung so that she was facing him when Kikwang and Min kissed goodbye, and Min’s car roared to life before it sped out of the basement.

 

“Does that answer you?” Kikwang tilted his head to Hyosung, his tone indifferent and he smirked. When Hyosung didn’t answer him, he turned around and head to the elevator, leaving her rooted to the spot. Can this get any worse? He eyed Hyosung, who clearly saw the scene before her, was quivering and her entire was shaking. It shook so badly, even he could see it from afar. He was surprised when she ran after him and grabbed Kikwang’s hand once again and whirled him to face her.

 

“Yes?” Kikwang asked innocently. “You know, I don’t have time to entertain mute people. Now if you may excuse me, I am very tired. Move aside please.” He pulled his hand free and pushed past her, but not before Hyosung grabbed his hand again and whirled him back to face her.

 

“You’re pretending, aren’t you? You’re doing this solely to hurt me the way I hurt you, aren’t you?” Hyosung searched his eyes and continued on, head nodding as if accepting. “I understand but I just want to say I am sorry … please forgive me. Please.” She finally blubbered. Kikwang stared ridiculously at her silently before he broke into laughter.

 

“Hyung, don’t.” Dongwoon gritted his teeth and glared at Kikwang.

 

“You stay out of this!” Kikwang lashed out to him and glared at Hyosung. “Sorry? No, I think I am the one who should be sorry. Sorry for reappearing back in your life and ruin your happiness here. I should know better when you left me, shouldn’t I?”

 

“Please don’t be like this …” Tears spilled down her cheeks, her eyes wide as she looked at him.

 

“You know what I’m talking about.” Kikwang stepped away from Hyosung and look intently in her eyes. “You wanted a break? I’ll give you one, a clean break this time. We’re done so … goodbye.” He took her hand and tugged the pendant on his neck before putting it in her palm and closed it. He gazed into her eyes a moment longer before he turned around and head to the stairs, leaving a stunned looking Hyosung with Dongwoon.

 

“Noona …” Dongwoon approached Hyosung slowly, his heart wrenched at what just happened but she stepped away.

 

“I-I’m going n-now. Bye Dongwoonie …” Hyosung stuttered, wearing the same surprised expression and staggered away. Dongwoon got hold of her hand but she immediately pulled it off, her back to him. “Please …” She walked away quickly this time and Dongwoon stayed on the spot, his fists clenched at both sides. He took a deep breath and ran after her, pulling his own hoodies on and walked quietly a couple of feet behind her, which she didn’t seem to care.

 

I’m sorry noona, I really am. 

 

 



 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

 

A quick short heart-breaking update this time! Thanks for all the new subscribes from you wonderful readers! I'm sorry for such a crappy short update, but I promised so I'm not going to break it again. I'll try to update again tomorrow, and that'll be my last update for the week as the semester will begin next week so I'm not sure when I'll update again.

 

Anyway, shoutout to all my wonderful loyal readers too!

I love you guys so much!

<3