Chained

[INDEFINITE HIATUS] Back To Memories

 

 

It has to be you,

I can't live without you.

I try to fight it off, 

I try to push you away but I can't.

Because I love you, because I love you!

Because you have all of my heart...

 

— FT Island's Send Away

 

 


 

 

Pain.

 

Pain covered every part of her body as she laid in the darkness. Hyosung tried to vaguely pin point where each type of pain was coming from. A sheer pain shot came from the back of her head as she made a small attempt to move made her want to simultaneously bite down and scream aloud with agony.

 

“Thank god. I was beginning to think you’re dead.”

 

Sakura’s voice sliced through her fogged thoughts and it sent chills down her spine as Hyosung desperately tried to take in as much information about her surroundings. She forced herself to open her eyes and was taken aback of what she saw; she expected to be locked in a dark filthy room with pungent smell, not a tinge of light can be seen. Instead, her almost clear vision was filled with soft pink-coloured hue and the smell of lavender filled her nostrils as she continued scanning around. What baffled her further was she was in a queen-sized poster bed  a very comfortable one.

 

At the end corner seated Sakura, her big brown eyes stared at her blankly and Hyosung couldn’t make out the emotion in it nor did she cared. Hyosung tried to sit up but failed; both her hands were shackled to the top end of the bed. Are you kidding me? Despite knowing her attempt was useless, Hyosung kept on twisting the handcuffs in vain when it suddenly hit her. Daehyun.

 

“Where is my brother?” She asked, trying to sound calm when she was actually shaken inside. She stared at her large eyes, it was so emotionless, so hollow. “Sakura, I swear if you lay a finger on my brother …”

 

“He’s fine.” Sakura cut her short and pulled the door next to her wider, and her eyes fell on Daehyun who was playing happily with tons and tons of toys surrounding him. Before she could call out to him, Sakura slammed the door shut and Hyosung glared at her.

 

“I told you, he is fine! I know how to take care of kids, damn it! Why do you people always telling me that I can‘t because I can! I CAN!” Sakura suddenly screamed and started throwing tantrums, knocking every possible thing that was in her way, toppling over the bookcase next to her for one. Hyosung froze and just stared at Sakura as she screamed profanities, and her eyes widened when her eyes landed on what Sakura just pulled out – a gun.

 

“Sakura ... please, don’t do this.” Hyosung stuttered when Sakura strutted towards her and slowly raised the gun to her forehead, her face etched with immense anger. “Please ...

 

Hyosung flinched when the nozzle touched her forehead – the contact torched her skin. Only God knew how her heart was beating erratically at the situation, but Hyosung quickly up, not wanting to give in to Sakura’s satisfaction in seeing her scared. Before she knew it, Sakura swung the gun across her forehead hard, snapping Hyosung’s head sharply to the side and stars exploded in her vision. She felt hot liquid started to roll down her cheek to her lips and she immediately tasted copper. Her eyes fluttered weakly, trying hard to stay open as she looked at Sakura. In a flash, Sakura hit her across the face again and another heavy wave of dizziness filled her head as she finally yielded to the heaviness overtaking her.

 

Dear God, please save my Daehyun ... She thought before her vision became obscured and fade to darkness once again.

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

Kikwang rubbed his tired eyes and peeked at his watch, it was almost midnight. They had already been in Mokpo, at the Coffee Shop to be exact and things didn’t seem to go nowhere. The owner, CL, who just got back that day from India couldn’t seemed to work with them either as she kept dodging their questions. Kikwang was getting on his last nerve. And really desperate; his thought kept jumping to that of Sakura actually got her hands on Hyosung and Daehyun and ... he didn’t even want to think about it.

 

“Can’t we just go to her house, please? I’m begging you.” Kikwang demanded, getting hold of CL’s shoulders before she could even reply. Jonghoon tugged him back roughly and bowed to CL, who started to look really uncomfortable and stared at them narrowed eyes.

 

“I’m really sorry, but we are both really tired as we came all the way from Japan. Anyway Miss CL, we are really her friends ... her only family to be exact.” Jonghoon’s voice fell to a slight whisper as a sad pang flashed across his face. Kikwang knew that look, as it was the exact copy of his. “Can you please tell us where she is? This is really urgent.”

 

“You are her family? Her friends? But she told me she have none, something about they all died in accident. It was a really tragic life she is leading, you know, with all. Wait aren’t you B2ST’s Lee Kikwang? I knew I’ve seen you somewhere! No wonder you look so ....” Kikwang clenched his fist and slammed the counter hard, surprising both Jonghoon and CL. They were stunned quite.

 

“Can you please cut all this crap?! I don’t need this bull and all I need to know is where is Hyosung, for goodness sake!” The blood that had been boiling in his veins finally caused him to snap. “She could be in mortal danger, do you understand me?”

 

“Dude, stop it.” Jonghoon pulled him away and practically dragged him out the door, slamming it shut on their way out. “Listen, okay. I’m desperate too, Kikwang! But if you keep that attitude up, this isn’t going anywhere. You hear me? We need to find her, and if this keeps going on ... I don’t even know what to say. Please Kikwang, just go out and take a breather. Let me handle this. Go.” Jonghoon ushered him away before he whirled around and re-entered the shop, leaving him staring at the spot where he stood.

 

Jonghoon was right – his attitude was bringing them nowhere. He let out a huge sighed and started to walk away, fingers rubbing both temples. He was at his end wits. In a daze, he walked and walked aimlessly not realizing he had reached an uphill facing the sea. He just stood there as the sea breeze played with his hair, just staring as the wave broke away and everything was playing in his head.

 

Hyosung’s where about. Sakura. Everything was at the forefront of his mind. But after standing there for a while, he suddenly remembered that he needed to get back to Jonghoon and CL. It was past one in the morning now. He started walking back and after sometimes of passing at the same spot, he knew he was lost. Great. He reached for his mobile phone to call Jonghoon and how unsurprising it was – there was no coverage. The day couldn’t seem to get any better, could it?

 

The sight before him was desolated; not even a single human being at sight and weak street lights shone the pathway. His heart wrenched at the houses’ sight; they were only patched with zincs and wood that seemed they would collapse anytime soon. He wondered who lived in such a sad place like this as he continued walking through the neighbourhood.

 

“What are you doing at a place like this, young man?” He snapped out of his trails of thoughts when a woman’s voice was heard not far from him. He whirled around to see a body clad in red cloak, her tall frame leaned against the lamp-post, the light shone dimly above her, hiding her face from being visible. “Did you know how dangerous this area is?”

 

“Uh okay. I’m about to leave.”  His steps quickened but it stopped when it was blocked by three big built men. The woman’s small laughter caused goosebumps all over. He gulped. “Look, I’m really in a hurry right now. If you want money, here. Take it. That is all I have. Step away from me, please.” The woman broke out into a loud laughter right after he threw his wallet on the ground.

 

“You think I need your money, Lee Kikwang?” His eyes immediately snapped towards the woman. What the hell? Is she my saesang fan ...? He stayed frozen to the spot as the woman sashayed towards him, stopping just a few feet away. “Surprised? I’m not! Oh wait! I should say this ... surprise!” Her laughter bounced throughout the empty path.

“I didn’t expect to see you this fast, Lee Kikwang. Impressive. Is Jonghoon here too? Very impressive indeed. We are barely enjoying our time here, and you guys arrived. I’m guessing that little bimbotic bird told you?” She came forward and Kikwang could see her face clearly now. She had such a beautiful face; a large doll-like eyes, a sharp nose and a pair of plump lips. But something was off with her as she looked ... disturbed. “Get him.” She ordered.

 

Kikwang backed away quickly but only to be stopped by the men as one of them roughly got hold of him by the neck, head-locking him in the process. What the hell is going on? As he fought to get free, a white fabric was shoved onto his mouth and half his vision, a funny smell filled his senses when he inhaled for air. Kikwang continued trashing about, kicking in and fighting, pushing at their rough big hands, shaking his head from side to side but it was all a useless struggle when the funny smell finally invaded his mind and the world went black.

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

Kikwang woke up to a terrible throbbing in his head, and it was still spinning from the funny smell. His eyes fluttered open, struggling to make sense of what just happened to him; he could barely recall anything from the night except that woman with the huge eyes. Who ...? It took a couple more blinks before his eyes were somewhat adjusted to the room and he cursed at his situation; his hands were chained to a railing and his mouth was gag with a piece of rough fabric. He struggled with the chains so hard that he fell off the chair he was seated on. What the hell is going on!

 

“Oh, you are up early?” The door creaked open and a woman silhouette walked into the room. He hissed when bright light suddenly filled the room, blinding his vision that was still adjusting. Her heels clacked loudly and echoed the room, which was suddenly too big and too pink and it surprised him – he was surrounded with tons of toys; from teddy bears to Barbie dolls, practically everything.

 

“Let us cut the crap short because I think you won’t be hearing anyway.” Her huge eyes stared into his, a pretty smile broke on her face as she stood in front of him. “Hi, the name is Sakura.” A bigger smile spread across when Kikwang rounded her eyes at her. Sakura ...

 

“Ah, you seem to know me. I’m so flattered by that little fact. Anyway, I am really sorry. I didn’t mean to tie you up like this, but you left me with no choices.” She pouted and ran long fingers on his jaw. “You see, I was on my way back from fetching Daehyun’s insulin after that crazy woman told me to just so and you came along. Geez, what were you even doing there? Anyway again, I couldn’t risk the thought of being discovered so ... I had to this. No hard feelings but you’re pretty useless to me, for now. Where’s Jonghoon by the way? He is who I need. Oh, I am sorry. Where are my manners?” She laughed, flashing her pearly white teeth and then she removed the gag off him.

 

“Where’s Hyosung? Where is she? What the hell did you do to her?!” Kikwang spat, struggling against the chains which was slowly cutting through his skin. Her expression was suddenly unreadable before it changed to anger. She slapped him across the face hard and bunched his hair in her hands, tugging it hard to the side.

 

“Why the is everyone so worried about that little prick?! Can’t you guys see how she manipulates you people? Hyosung is such a !” Sakura yelled to his face. This ... Kikwang knocked his forehead to her with all he might, causing her to tumble to the floor.

 

“Don’t you ing dare insult her!” He gritted his teeth and glared at her. “Her name doesn’t even deserve to be mention by someone like you!” Sakura only stared at him ridiculously and broke into another round of laughter. She is surely insane. I need to get out of here and save Hyosung. Where the heck did she hide her?

 

“Unchained him and send him next door.” Sakura clapped her hands and the men from last night came in. He was roughly freed from his spot but was gagged again before they dragged him out, and he caught a sight of Daehyun playing happily with his Optimus Prime at the far end, totally oblivious to his surroundings. They practically threw him across the next room and the sight before his heart almost stopped at the sight.

 

There she laid on the blood-covered mattress, hands chained atop of hers. Visible dried blood covered her forehead and part of her cheeks, slash cuts on her wrists, clear evidence of her struggling to escape.  Hyosung, dear God. Hyosung! She is still breathing! He muffled against the gag when she saw the rising movements of her chest and made an attempt to go to her, to cradle her in his arms but was stopped by the men.

 

They pulled him back and threw him against the wall hard. The impact knocked right through his bones, he out for a second. They then shackled his hands to the railings near the wall and left him, purposely torturing him at the painful sight. He violently shook the chains, screaming against the thick fabric that gagged him, in hoping it would break. He had too. He needed to save Hyosung and Daehyun!

 

After sometime of attempt, breathing hard, Kikwang stopped struggling. No matter how he tried, the chain just wouldn't budge  it was useless. He gritted his teeth fiercely as his wrists throbbed like it had been pierced by a thousand needles with blood trickled down to his arms. And just for a moment, he looked at her. Jeon Hyosung, whose limp body laid on the blood tainted bed. The woman who’d managed to take his heart without a word. The only woman who had his heart to this day. His chained hands trembled as they reached out to her. They were so close yet so far.

 

I’m sorry. I’m so sorry, Hyosung. I’m sorry. Kikwang repeated over and over again in his head as tears clouded his vision. His chest heaved heavily for crying, for wanting to scream, for wanting to run to her but he couldn’t. He was such a failure. A failure. He failed her.

 

I’m so sorry, Hyosung.

 

 

 


 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

 

Hello to all my super lovely readers! OH MY DEAR GOD, how long have I been missing? It seems like I love saying sorry but I really am sorry! Too caught up with term papers and everything, barely had time to update :( Sorry if this chapter , because I think it is but I just needed to finish it seeing how it's just sitting there — it pains me to see it that way!

 

What is even with the title? Goodness, I now. I'm sorry. Was it good? Bad? You hate it don't you? I know, I'm sorry ... getting a little rusty right now. I'm so sorry *cries a river of Niles.


PS:

I realize that some of my chapters are marked with (MATURE) content but I can assure you, there aren't any ual contents! Probably because of my constant profanities throughout. lol. Sorry!