Wrath

[INDEFINITE HIATUS] Back To Memories

 

You can never break away from me,
You have no one to love but me,
Try to escape,
Wherever you are,
I can see you,
You know deeply,
You can never break away from me,
You have no one to love but me.
 
— Song Jieun ft Bang Yongguk's Going Crazy.
 
 
 
 
 

It was another long day at work but Hyosung still tried to keep herself busy, making sure the counter was spotless and all tables were cleared, whilst keeping track of the time. Her work will be done not long from now; she just couldn’t wait to get back to Daehyun and celebrate his birthday. She stopped for a glance outside; the temperature was perfect and the sky was beginning to change from yellow to orange – her favourite time of the day.
 
 
In the corner of her eyes she seen two persons put their menus down and she quickly hustled over to take their orders. Sat there was a young couple and she'd seen the rings on their fingers as they held hands across the table. They were attractive and happy, and she felt a strong sense of déjà vu. She had been like them once, not long ago. Or so she thought, because she learned the moment was only an illusion. Hyosung turned away from the blissful couple, wishing that she could erase her memories forever and never have that feeling again.
 
 
Once the restaurant had closed up for the night she made her way home. Her co-worker, Byung Chul, had offered her a lift but she preferred to walk. She knew Byung Chul was interested in her and the last thing she would ever want was a relationship. Or maybe never. She walked home quickly, her steps quickened with excitement, Daehyun’s small birthday cake in her hand. Their small living room was immediately set up with simple decorations, nothing fancy but cheerful nonetheless. At least she hoped it was.
 
 
After she picked him up at Mrs. Kim’s Day Care, they celebrated his birthday with only the two of them. Wishes were made, candles were blown and slices of cake later, they sat together by the window with the moon light illuminating through it while Daehyun took his time to unwrap his present.
 
 
“Noona! Expensive!” He pointed out to the Bumble-Bee action figure in his hand, his brows instantly furrowed, his expression sunken a little. Hyosung pulled him close and tipped his chin so that their eyes met, and smiled. “Give back, noona. Expensive ...” he faltered despite his eyes still admiring the toy.
 
 
“It is not, so don’t worry. Besides, don’t you think Optimus have been alone long enough? He needs his sidekick!” She pinched his tiny nose and he instantly lit up at the mention of that. “Why don’t you introduce Bee to Mr. Opti now? I’m pretty sure he’ll be psyched.” She chuckled as he immediately scrambled off her lap and dashed to their room. She sighed and started cleaning up.
 
 
It had been almost over five months since she moved back to Korea, Mokpo to be exact but far away from Seoul. Leaving, again, without any trace or clues for the guys to look after them in hoping to break the bond they had created – it was for the better. In penalty for stopping earlier than expected, she had to pay for all the expenses to the university so here she was, working to make end meets.
 
 
Life wasn’t as comfortable as before; they lived in a small little house in the outskirts of Mokpo, facing the Yellow Sea. The landlord, Miss Chaerin who insisted Hyosung to call CL (something about not wanting to feel old), had rented it to her at a bargain price. It wasn’t decaying, but it wasn’t in great condition either, but  had provided the tools and necessities required to restore the little apartment to its former glory, and so that's what Hyosung had been spending all her free time doing.
 
 
She scrubbed the bathroom until it sparkled; she washed the ceiling with a damp cloth. She wiped the windows with vinegar and spent hours on her hands and knees trying her best to remove the rust and grime from the linoleum in the kitchen. She'd filled holes in the walls with Spackle and then sanded the Spackle until it was smooth. She'd painted the walls in the kitchen a cheery yellow and put glossy white paint on the cabinets. Her bedroom was now a light blue, the living room was beige, and last week, she'd put a new slip cover on the couch, which made it look practically new again.
 
 
CL had called over the last time she had been home to visit and was amazed at the results, praising Hyosung for the work that she had put in. Despite having lived in the apartment for over five months she had only seen CL a maximum of four times, with her being an active backpacker so she was rarely around. But with the short visits that she had paid Hyosung thought that CL was the kindest woman she had ever met and CL was often inviting her over to hang out whenever she was around.
 
 
Hyosung politely refused however, she didn’t want to impose and she thought it was best not to make any relationship, in case they had to get up and move again.
 
 
CL was an orphan just like her; her parents passed away when she was fifteen. Being the only child in the family, like Hyosung, she grew up on her own after jumping from one foster home to the other. She learnt that CL worked from scratch to start up her coffee shop business to be where she was today. After years of being a successful businesswoman, she decided to move on to her childhood dream – backpacking around the world.
 
 
Hyosung was almost thankful. With CL rarely there she was completely isolated, and that's what suited her best. Here in the middle of nowhere in the small town of Mokpo, no one would ever find her.
 
 
Or so she hoped.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Clunking his glass back down onto the shinny surface of the bar, Kikwang gestured to the bartender at the other end for a refill. Today was slowly descended into a nightmare. There must be something in this city conspiring against him, and he was quickly beginning to hate Tokyo with a passion. He missed Korea, he missed home, and he hated being here. Her haunting sorrowful eyes jumped into his mind, and he swirled the alcohol in the crystal glass before swallowing it in one quick gulp to try erasing the image from his brain. It still hurt to think about her, despite the many months that followed after her departure. Again.
 
 
Running his fingers across the screen of his phone, his heart wrenched at the sight of his wallpaper; a bright looking Hyosung smiled widely at him, and his lips would automatically curled a little before realizing it was all an illusion. Kikwang sighed in frustration and slammed his fist onto the shinny surface, fighting an internal battle, ignoring the looks people gave him. He couldn't keep up the act any longer. 
 
 
He was constantly surrounded by hordes of people, his manager, his publicists and varying numbers of fans, all asking when he would marry off Min after he proposed to her a month ago. Not in a million years. He didn't have any of the answers, nor did he have any power to answer it. It was all set by that bastard Park Jin Young and his obsession on getting Miss A to be better known to the public. 
 
 
Aside from his stupid act, he blamed Jin Young and Min for his miserable life – threatening him that they would expose Hyosung to the public if he disagree to date Min, and it wouldn’t only mess up his career, but BEAST’s and Hyosung’s as well. Yes, they knew of Hyosung’s existence and the significance she possessed in his life, so they chose the abominable way. He was left with no choice, so he agreed, putting his life on the line for the sake of his loved ones. For her. 
 
 
“Babe, stop it. You’re drinking too much again.” Min came next to him and pulled down the glass out of his hand. He threw her a hateful glare and grabbed it back, pushing her aside and gulped the liquid down. Min sighed exasperatedly. “Seriously, will you stop that? People are looking for god sake. Don’t you care even slightly for your dignity?”
 
 
My dignity?” He chuckled ridiculously. “My dignity doesn’t exist anymore, remember? You and your bastard boss took it away, and I’m only a slave for you remember? What do you want this time, master? You want me to do you? All right.” He grabbed her arms hard as he pounced atop of her, and almost tore her top off. Without noticing, Min slapped him hard across the face and pushed him off her.
 
 
“Don’t you want me anymore? Wait, I forgot. You want my love.” He laughed and then cupped her face tightly until she squealed in pain. “ing forget about it because it’s only for her, and it always will be. Always.”
 
 
 
 He fell to the side and laughed before he passed out.
 
 
 
 
 

 
“You are brave to come see me like this,” The woman standing not far from her flashed her a dirty look, tinged with a small smirk, her large brown eyes looked straight into hers. Min gulped. She was suddenly afraid. Sakura tilted her head and smiled wider, showing off her pearly white teeth and leaned back against the dirty wall, crossing her long gorgeous legs; her beauty was breath-taking. What sane man could resist that? “Don’t drag me out here just so you can remain mute.” She added in, and Min shivered not only against the cold of the night but also because Sakura freaked her out. But she needed to do this, she needed to have her revenge on Hyosung for this. He can't love me? Then he needs to learn how to love me the hard way!
 
 
“I c-come here to make a deal,” She tightened her grip on her fur coat and eyed Sakura, who didn’t seemed the least interested so she decided to just get to the point. “Hyosung.” Sakura eyes snapped instantly to her, the look she wore frightened Min even further. The stench smell of the abandoned dock made the situation even more eerie. 
 
 
“What of Hyosung?” Sakura wasn’t at all composed at the mention of her name and she sauntered to Min, who cowered as she closed the gap. Min felt herself trembling hard but she composed herself and smiled at Sakura. Bingo.
 
 
“I want her to suffer.” Her words came out icily and Sakura chuckled before she laughed, and Min felt goosebumps all over her body. “I know about her and Jonghoon. Oh yes, I do. If you don’t want Jonghoon to get back to her again, I suggest you agree to my deal.” Min held up a photo of Hyosung and Jonghoon together and it proved how Sakura hated her when she screamed as she grabbed the photos and ripped it to pieces in front of her eyes. Min’s eyes went wide at the sight and her breath caught. Oh my god, she’s crazy!
 
 
“He left me, again! He left me to look for that ing sick ! I’m going to kill that and ripped her to pieces! Argh!” Sakura wailed and trashed about on the spot, acting like someone who really had lost her mind, breaking the previous goddess-like reverie of hers. Oh my god, what am I getting myself into ...? Min was horrified and her breathing rapidly increased. Sakura stopped flailing, with her hair all over the place she glared at her and it finally dawned on Min that this wasn’t such a good idea.
 
 
“I-It seemed you aren’t in a good mood s-so I think I’ll m-make my move now and we’ll me-meet again tomorrow.” She gulped and was about to dash off when Sakura screeched and run after her. Min ran as fast as she could to reach her car but Sakura caught up to her and pounced, causing them both to fall to the ground and Sakura atop of her.
 
 
“Where is she?!” Sakura growled, her intense crazy eyes glared into hers, her hands wrapped around Min’s neck. Min struggled to push her off but Sakura proved to be stronger than she thought despite her thin body, and she felt her skin breaking at the claw of her nails. “If you don’t want me to kill you, tell me where is she.” Sakura lowered her face so that they were only a breath apart and her grip tightened. Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, I’m going to die. I’m going to die! Min thought as she felt the air left her lungs.
 
 
“I’ll tell you! Please, I will tell you. Let me go, please. Let me go ... please!” Min wheezed as she was already sobbing uncontrollably under her wrath, trying hard to get her words out. What did I get myself into, Jin Young oppa? She felt Sakura loosened her finger around but it was still intact to her skin. “Please ... don’t hurt me. Please ...!” Min blubbered, her heart was about to explode from the immense fear she was feeling.
 
 
“Good girl.” Sakura stood beside her, long after she spilled details about Hyosung’s current where about. “Thank you for the info. Now leave before I change my mind on hurting you.” Sakura gripped Min’s chin and hovered close as she briefly Min’s lips and pushed her towards her red Bugatti Veyron. Without any further thought her tire squealed loudly and left the scene, her whole being trembled hard thinking about what had happened as she clenched her almost numb jaws from Sakura's vice grip.
 
 
What had she done?
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
 
 
Hi guys!
 
 
As promised, a new update! Oh my god, I hate myself for making Min such a bad character for real. I wanted her to be a bimbotic character in this story but I don't know at what point she became all angsty like this .... LOL. She's actually one of my few favourite girl group idols because she's just really adorable and derpy like that. I'm really sorry, Min! You know I love you tremendously! *big big big big big big jumbo size hug for Min.
 
 
Thank you to all my new subscribers as well! And those who commented, I really do feel appreciated  and I feel like my heart is filled with thousands of flowers when I see even a comment from you (yes I'm exaggerating and as lame as that sounds, I can't help it. You guys are just DAE to the BAK!) I love you guys so much, and you know who you are!
 
 
All right, tomorrow will be the last update of the week!
Good day!
<3
 
 
 
PS:
 
I know a bunch of you would really love to strangle me myself for so many angst updates lately, so I just want to warn you further that there will be more. Yeaaaah. I'm a human full of angst. LOL. Kidding! Wait ... or am I?
 
*runs like there's no tomorrow.