The Escape - Part II

[INDEFINITE HIATUS] Back To Memories

 

Each night I cry

And still believe the lie


"I love you until I die

Save me, save me, save me, oh

Just save me, save me, oh, save

Don't let me face my life alone

Save me, save me

Oh, I'm and I'm far from home.

 

— Queen's Save Me

 

 



 

 

! The battery went flat. Kikwang managed to throw his phone under the bed in time before the door slammed open and came in Sakura with Daehyun in her hold, her face etched with deep worry. Kikwang quickly held to the metal cuff and stood up, pretending he was still chained, and hid his hands behind.

 

Just a moment ago he managed to slip his both hands off the cuff, bloody and scarred with cuts after an agonizing struggle. And he had a wonderful surprise to find his mobile phone still intact in his back pocket, how they didn’t find it out, he couldn’t care less. Which was how he managed to get call Jonghoon before his battery decided to die on him.

 

“What is wrong with him? He has been looking like a ghost for the whole day!” Sakura came up to him and shove Daehyun onto his chest. Kikwang look down at Daehyun and sure enough, he was as white as sheet; his lips were dry and he could see cracks. “Don’t just be quite and tell me what’s wrong with him!” Sakura shoved Daehyun roughly again to his chest.

 

“Hyung … tummy hurts. Daehyun … wants .. noona.” Kikwang’s heart wrenched when he heard his request. His eyes briefly diverted to Hyosung’s unmoving form on the bed and back to Daehyun. “Tummy hurts ...” Daehyun whimpered, a single tear rolled down his pale skin. It tore him inside to see it.

 

“When was the last time you gave him his insulin shot?” Kikwang shifted his eyes to her, his expression harden. “When?!

 

“I-I only gave him once, three days ago. And that was it. Why?” She avoided his penetrating glare and kept smoothing her hand over Daehyun’s hair.

 

“He needs to be shot every 24 hours, damn it!” Kikwang exclaimed and Sakura winced. This is not good. After years of looking after Daehyun, his brain raced to find the knowledge he knew about diabetes, and colour drained from his face instantly when he remembered. At this rate, Daehyun’s sugar level would be extremely high. And there was a possibility some of his internal organs were starting to dysfunction and got damaged. “Oh my god. Send him to the hospital, now!” Kikwang snapped.

 

“What? Hospital? No! You think I’m stupid? The police is looking for me, no thanks to you head.” Sakura threw him a ridiculous look, a smirk crept slowly on her face. “I should’ve just leaved you there or this wouldn’t happen! I’m not going. NO! NO! I’m not risking that! NO!” Sakura screamed at him.

 

“Sakura please! Please, or he … he could die.” The last word fell into a whisper that he wished he wouldn’t utter but she needed to know. Her face dropped immediately, her already large eyes widen. “Please. I beg you.”

 

“H-He can’t die. HE CAN’T!” She stammered, her breathing rapid.

 

“If you don’t take him now, he … could.” He continued. “Please!

 

Sakura suddenly whirled around and strutted away, with Daehyun’s limp form in her embrace and slammed the door shut. Through the closed door, he heard her screaming profanities, things being thrown about before it went silent. A very long silent. Whatever happened out there, he just needed to do something. He waited for another minute before making his move, instantly letting go of the metal cuffs and crept to Hyosung, making sure his steps weren’t that audible.

 

He cradled her in his arms and his stomach tightened at the contact; her skin was burning hot and was covered with sweat, her breathing uneven and short. His trembled hand smoothed over the bloodied wound on her forehead; it wasn’t that deep but left quite an ugly opening on her pallid skin.  You’re going to be okay, baby. I’m going to save you, and I’m going to save Daehyun too okay? Was all he could think about, over and over again as he set her aside and got off the bed, trying to search for metal pin to pick the lock on her handcuffs. Growing up in a rough neighbourhood taught you a thing or two, when you got locked by the neighbourhood’s naughty kids.

 

He rummaged quietly through the side-table’s drawers, and got lucky when he found a medium sized paper clip. He unfolded it into an ‘S’ shape, bending it here and there, before ending it with another twist to the larger end. He tip-toed over to Hyosung, quietly settling himself just beside her to avoid the bed from creaking and reached for the cuff. With one swift twist, he unlocked one lock to the next. He gently lowered her hands down, ripped the bed sheet and wrapped it around her wounded wrists, thinking probably it would help her wound from being too exposed and get infected.

 

“Daehyun …” Kikwang jumped, startled at the sound of her whisper. He froze and looked at her; her eyes were barely open but she was fighting to raise her lids. The sedative Sakura given her was proven to be too strong and he didn’t know how much was the sedative dose Sakura injected into her. Her hand trembled as it reached out to him blindly, and Kikwang secured it with his instantly. “Kik .. kwang …”

 

“Hush, Hyosung. You’ll be okay, all right?” He held her face in his palm, kissing her forehead, making sure to avoid her wound. He felt his heart breaking again, and held back the urge to cry. “I’m here. You’ll be okay. I’m going to get you and Daehyun out of here, okay?”

 

 Settling her back on the bed, he braved himself to the door, wincing as pain throbbed from all over the area he was punched and kicked. His thundering heart soared to a new peak as his feet stepped nearer to the door, and his breath hitched when his fingers circled the door knob and turned it ever so slowly. His muscled tensed as he tentatively peeked through the slightly opened door, thankfully didn’t creaked and stepped closer to the wall next to it, ready to shield himself just from any sudden attack.

 

But the living hall was empty.

He was greeted by only silence.

 

Wrinkling his brow a little he stepped forward, fully into the living hall. It was really empty. Where is everyone?  Inch by inch he slowly progressed closer to the living hall, his heart beating louder with each steps and his muscles were screaming in pain but he continue moving himself forward.

 

He quickly hid behind the huge bookrack when he heard a groan not far away but after a minute of silence, he peeked back and was greeted with the sight of Daehyun on the sofa; he looked even paler than he remembered. He was near to limping when he reached Daehyun, the pain in his legs got unbearable excruciating.

 

“DaeDae. Wake up, boy. Kiki is here.” He whispered, crouching next to him. Daehyun moaned and rolled his head a little but didn’t come around. His hand instantly pulled away at the contact on Daehyun’s skin; just like Hyosung, he was burning. Without thinking much further, he filled his thought with an escape plan – they needed to escape pronto. He limped to the window and peeked through it; a sunset view greeted him and a stretch of sandy beach extended as far as his eyes could take.

 

Kikwang limped quickly to the entrance when the door suddenly slammed open, and a medium-sized man welcomed him, a surprised expression on his face. A baseball bat appeared behind that man and he smirked at Kikwang.

 

“Going somewhere?”

 

Anger replaced any remaining fear in him as he charged towards the man, ducking in time before the bat swing at him, landing them both on the floor. In the midst of throwing punches, he found his anger increasing in proportion to his anticipation in having the two safe. I’m going to get us out of here! A kick landed on his stomach and propelled him backward onto the floor, knocking him out for a second.

 

He spit out his blood and wobbled as he stood up with all the strength left, his head spinning from the hard knock. The man charged another round of kick which almost hit his face if he hadn’t step backward, his movement was stopped by the sofa. The man chuckled and Kikwang saw a big blade taken out from his back pocket.

 

“Look, I ain’t plannin’ on killin’ ya. Just do as I say, and no one gets hurts, got it? Back off.” The man twirled the blade in his hand, an evidence of his expertise in handling the weapon. Kikwang glared at him, breathing hard before his eyes caught the sight of a gun just a reach away from the man. Without contemplating, he threw himself forward and groaned out loud when the blade cut sliced on his thigh, causing him to double over on the floor in pain. “You sure you ain’t listening, boy? I said back off!”

 

Bracing the agonizing pain that burnt like fire on his skin, he slowly pushed himself up and without thinking much further, he propelled himself forward once more, kicking the man while at it. He triumphed when his fingers laced itself around the cool metal, and aimed the gun towards the man.

 

“You don’t want to do that, boy.” The man backed up slowly, eyes on the gun in Kikwang’s hand and back to him. His hands trembled when he tried to hold the gun firmly, his breathing ragged. Just do it Kikwang! All he needed to do was pull the trigger and get them out of there, and it would all be over. “Put the gun down and we’ll talk.”

 

“Let us go!” Kikwang growled, he limped towards the man and put the nozzle to his forehead. The man gave him a ridiculous look and smirked. “Let us go or …”

 

Kikwang fell forward when the man suddenly grabbed his legs, and another moment of wrestles occurred as they both struggled to get hold of the gun. A loud deafening gun fire threw them both away from each other, and for a moment, everything was in silence. Kikwang was left panting, gasping for every breath as he tried to recover from the jolt than coursed through his body. He pulled the trigger.

 

Trembling, he pushed himself up and saw blood gushing out from the man’s neck to the floor, soaking the wood wet. I killed him. Oh dear God, I … killed him. Kikwang scrambled away from the man, throwing the murder weapon as he could. He’s dead. I … killed him. He knew the gate was open for them to escape so without further ado, he abruptly stood up but fell back to the floor once more when he felt his injured wounds tore at the sudden movement.

 

In desperation and will, he continued to stand up and limped quickly to Hyosung’s room. He picked her up despite the tremendous pain he felt and walked out the room towards Daehyun.

 

“Daedae, wake up. You need to wake up for a while okay? Come on, wake up.” He thanked God when Daehyun opened up his eyes weakly as Kikwang propped him into a seating position. “I need your help just this once okay? Climb onto Kiki’s back and hold on tight, all right? Just this once, okay? Hyung is getting us out of here.” He cupped Daehyun’s face and searched his eyes, and Daehyun nodded slightly.

 

“Kiki-hyung, tummy … hurts.” Daehyun whispered as Kikwang adjusted him on his back. “We’ll go to the doctor all right? Daehyun tummy won’t hurt anymore, okay? Hyung promise.” Kikwang assured him, picking up Hyosung next. His muscles were screaming; his tendons strained to the extend where he felt they might ripped off but he shook it away. He needed to get them safe. Gathering all the strengths he left, he made his way out of the door, not even turning back to look at the body he just stepped over.

 

It turned out they were located nowhere near any visible civilization, just a spread of long sandy beach in front of a small cottage-like house with miles and miles of thick forest behind them. Ignoring it, he kept on walking aimlessly away, just as long as they weren’t near to the house. I killed him. I killed him. The image of the bloodied man ran through his minds constantly through his aimless journey.

 

He didn’t know how long he walked but when his legs started to give away, it was already night time. He took shelter under a huge oak tree and huddled Daehyun and Hyosung closer to him as the cold wind started to pick up. Countless of times he felt like fainting but he braced through it, just to ensure their safety. Tear stung his eyes as he struggled to keep himself together, tightening his embrace around them.

 

Is this really happening?

Is this even real?

 

 

Why weren’t anyone saving them?

 

 

 


 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

 

Was it too brutal? I don't think so, right? Planned to write a very detail scene of how they fought but I tought it might get too draggy so I skipped it. Or shouldn't I? Was this too rushed? SOBS. Sorry for updating another not awesome chapter. I'm sorry. I'm still trying to find my mojo back! ;A;



Anyway, heads up everyone. There is a very high possibility of character's death in the upcoming chapter. (You're warn so don't hate me if it happens!) Or the next two chapters. Or again, probably not but I still think I want to go on with it. OH MY GOD HOW CAN I BE SO EBIIIIIL. Sorry, things just need to go with the flow I guess. What? I should not kill anyone? Hah! I don't care! I must! Mwahaha! 

 

*runs away before you people brick me to death.