To Blueisthenewfruit

BTS Secret Santa 2015 [All Ratings & Slash Only]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rating: All Ages or M 
Pairing: Vkook
Prompt:
For Taehyung the familiar woodsy smell of rain and the sun peeking through the clouds feels like home. They help him feel comfortable in his walls. But what isn't familiar is a boy with chocolate eyes and raven hair suddenly entering his life, and changing everything.

Jungkook expected to finish high school quietly, peacefully, and most of all alone. What he didn't expect was for him to unknowingly break down the walls that kept Taehyung trapped.

 

           

Little Things

 

 

            For Taehyung the familiar woodsy smell of rain and the sun peeking through the clouds feel like home. They made him feel comfortable. Living inside the walls he built on his own wasn’t too hard thanks to those little things. Little things like those never failed to make him feel satisfied.

            It was a rainy day, Taehyung’s favorite. He looked out the window and observed the school grounds being soaked by the rain. The pitter-patter of the rain, the way the tree leaves catch the rain drops, how they slipped through the leaves and finally fell to the ground, water puddles here and there reflecting the school buildings, painted in grey and how everything got showered by the rain amused Taehyung. ‘It’s shower day for the nature,’ he thought. ‘Of course, nature should clean himself once in a while too.’

            A small smile crept onto his face. ‘I showered today too, nature!’ Taehyung blinked lovingly. ‘But maybe that guy hadn’t.’ Taehyung’s head turned to look at a boy, who was running across the school grounds without an umbrella. He had put his coat over his head as a cover and had some papers in his hands. It seemed those papers were about to fa-

“I said page 105, exercise 9.2, Taehyung.” Taehyung’s head shot up to look at the teacher and he immediately started flipping pages in his Math book.

“I don’t know what to do with him.” The teacher muttered to herself before starting the lesson. 

Soon Taehyung’s head turned to look outside the window again. Added to the view were some papers getting wet by the rain, somewhat attached to the ground and having shades of brown color all over the papers.

‘So they did fall. But I suppose they weren’t supposed to get a shower today.’

 

 

 

 

 

Taehyung pushed himself back a little and looked at his painting again. It was the last period before lunch. Art. Art was the only subject Taehyung paid attention to. Mostly because he could bring the little things he loved so much into life.

Today he had decided to draw how the school yard looked when thousands of rain drops were falling from the grey sky. He added all the little things he saw that morning, mixing colors perfectly and bringing the view back to life.

For some reason, in his drawing of little things he adored was a boy with some papers in his hands, running across the school yard looking for a shelter.

 

 

 

 

Jungkook was so done with his life. First, he was late for school and then it started raining all of a sudden. He was soaked when he got into his class and his buddy, Jimin wouldn’t stop laughing at his hair, which looked awful by the way. (‘I was soaked in rain for god’s sake!’) And now, he can’t find some papers of the assignment, he sacrificed his sleep for; the sole reason he was late.

“Jungkook, where are you going?”Jimin asked, running after the taller one, his face red from laughing too much.

“None of your business.” Normally Jungkook wouldn’t say things like that to the only friend he had, but today jimin had pissed him off and it seemed laughing at Jeon Jungkook on a bad day wasn’t a good idea.

“Oh come on. I was just joking.” Jimin tried to reason out. “Now tell me where are you going?”

“Isn’t Mingi or whoever that guy is waiting for you at the cafeteria today?” Jungkook quizzed, annoyed by the other’s presence since he wasn’t in the mood now. ‘Just where the hell are my papers?’

“Oh god! Thank you reminding me, Jungkook. He’s gonna kill me if I’m late. See ya later.” With that Jimin was out of sight. But Jungkook couldn’t care less. All he could think about was how he’s gonna get away without his papers. His Chemistry teacher wasn’t the one to mess with.

‘God, just kill me.’

 

 

 

Taehyung looked around him. There were papers, soaked from the rain lying all over the place. He bent down and took one onto his hands. ‘So he dropped them.’ He tilted his head a little and tried to read what was on the paper.

‘Atomic theory? Chemistry, isn’t it? Ew,’ Unknowing to him he let go of the paper. He hates Chemistry. Well, he hates everything except Art. That’s how he is.

“Hey, that’s rude!” Taehyung flinched at the sudden voice coming from behind him, but he didn’t dare to look back. ‘That’s my assignment.’ His eyes widened in shock and he was frozen on the spot.

Soon enough, a boy was bending down beside him and collecting the papers. Taehyung felt sweat running down his forehead, and before he could even think, he was running away from the stranger. Taehyung didn’t like talking to anyone; everyone was and always will be nothing more than a stranger to him. Little did he know, things are about to change.

 

 

 

“That was weird.” Jungkook muttered to himself as he stood up. “Did I scare him?” Jungkook clicked his tongue. “Why should I care?”

 

He looked at his assignment papers and shook his head in annoyance. “How can I give this to him? He’ll kill me for sure.” He checked the time and ran to his locker. Hopefully, he’d have enough time to rewrite his assignment.

 

 

 

 

Taehyung was panting after running for 5 minutes or so. He was in the middle of the little forest by his school. Taehyung loved the place because no one was quite interested in the muddy grounds and smelly air as much as he was.

Weird. That’s what they called him. It’s not like they bullied him or anything. It’s just that they didn’t pay attention to him or appreciate his presence. After trying to get their attention and trying to fit in for a long time, he gave up. He realized it hurts a lot less when not caring. And hey, the less people in your life, more peaceful it’s gonna be.

But it’s not like there weren’t times when he needed someone to tell him that everything’s gonna be alright, someone to appreciate his presence, someone to make him feel that he was worth something; anything in his case. It’s just nobody ever cared to even start a conversation with him, but its fine. He’s used to it.

He sat by the big oak tree and rested his back on the trunk of the tree, legs stretched out. He let out a sigh; he didn’t know he was holding.

Who would care for him anyway, when his own parents didn’t?

 

Taehyung was never the ‘straight A’ kid. He wasn’t even close. He was more of an ‘are we really humans or the ones we call ghosts are the real humans; what if we are the real ghosts?’ type of kid. He loved nature way more than the kids his age did. He appreciated little things and was a great painter. Apparently, that wasn’t enough for his parents. He wasn’t good in other subjects, so his parents tried everything they could to make him work harder. Since then it only got worse. Taehyung hated when people tried to make him do things that he didn’t like. As a result he started paying less attention in class and found the chair by the window very fascinating. He started drifting away and away from his family as he grew up. And finally found himself living alone in the school hostel. Fortunately, working in the convenience store in the corner of the city was more than enough for him.

A tear rolled down his face without his consent. Only he knew how much he needed someone to just listen to him, but he found it hard to trust anyone to care for him thanks to his parents.

At that moment when that boy shouted, Taehyung was scared that he’ll get an earful from the boy or worse; few punches on the face though it would be quite an overreaction, but who knew? Anything could happen to anyone. Taehyung sighed again. He should go back to his class room now or he’ll really get an earful from the teacher. He wiped the tears from the sleeve of his coat and got up. It seems he had a person to hide from.

 

 

“yoongi hyung wants to meet you.” Jimin exclaimed next day as Jungkook was getting some books from his locker.

“What for?” Jungkook didn’t even spare a glance at the shorter one.

“He likes your voice. Said he has a song written and would like it if you could sing it.” Jimin explained leaning on a locker. “But it’s extremely rude of you to not even look at me while we are talking.” He crossed his arms.

Jungkook smirked. “It hurts my neck to look down, you know.”

“Oh come on, you and your jokes.” Jimin shook his head in annoyance.

“You and your height, Jimin” Jungkook put on his -eating grin. “Let’s go. We’ll be late for class.” He said before walking towards his next class.

“I’m not that short though.” Jimin replied, following the other.

“Let’s just think that way.” Jungkook answered smiling at the shorter and from the corner of his eyes he could see a certain brunette. Jungkook could see that the boy was nervous and it seems he was trying to hide from someone as he was desperately trying to hide his face with his arm. Jungkook looked around to see from who he was hiding from, but no one there was even looking at the brunette. Then it hit him. ‘Is he hiding from me?’ Jungkook was dumbfounded. He just stared wide eyed at the boy, who was fidgeting on the hallway. He didn’t realize he was staring until the boy suddenly turned around and ran away.

“Hey, what are you doing?” Jimin nudged Jungkook. “You kept staring at him like an open mouthed blob fish.”

“Does that even make sense?” Jungkook said as soon as he broke out from his trance.

“I meant you looked ugly. Blob fishes are ugly. They are the ugliest.” Jimin went on, walking again, followed by Jungkook. “But that’s not the problem. Why were you staring at him? Do you, by any chance, like him?” Jimin wiggled his eyebrows.

“No way!” Jungkook protested. “But tell me, who’s that?”

“You say you don’t like him and ask me about him?” Jimin blinked in disbelief. “You should learn how to lie properly, my friend.”

Jungkook groaned. “You and your theories! Are you gonna tell me or what?”

“Fine, fine. But you should treat me to Starbucks if you ever start dating him?” Jimin continued. “I don’t know much about him. Nobody does, I guess. He doesn’t have any friends and always stays alone. And doesn’t talk to anyone.”

“No one?” Jungkook interrupted.

Jimin shook his head. “No one at all. He’s pretty much alone. And that’s all I know.”

“What about his family?”

“Have no idea.”

“Name?”

Jimin stopped in his track. “Are you sure you don’t like him?”

Jungkook rolled his eyes at Jimin and entered the class room. Jimin followed and sat beside his friend.

“Taehyung, his name is Taehyung.”

 

 

 

“It’s good to see you drawing humans, really.” Taehyung looked at his Art teacher, who was examining his drawing. “All I’ve ever seen in your drawings were trees and clouds.” With that the teacher went to look at the others’ drawings. Taehyung looked down at his lap as students glanced at him. When the students were back to doing their own work, Taehyung looked at his own drawing.

There were two boys in school uniform; one smiling at the other, who was shorter and shorter one frowning.

Taehyung had never been this much terrified in his life.

 

 

 

“God Jungkook, where are you going?” Jimin shouted as he was power walking out of the class room, trying to catch up with Jungkook.

“I’m looking for the Taehyung guy.” Jungkook answered nonchalantly as he kept walking.

“Wait!” To say Jimin was surprised was an understatement. “So you do like him?”

He got no answer from the other.

“Isn’t it too soon? I mean you just saw him this morning.”

“What are you even saying? I’m not going to propose to him or anything!” Jungkook answered.

“Then why are you searching for him?” Jimin asked back.

 

 

“I think I scared him.”

 

Jimin stopped, confusion written all over his face. He couldn’t understand what was going on.

 

 

 

 

His paintings were always drawn out of instinct. He never put much thought to his drawings; they were always the little things he adored.

What troubled him was how that boy got into his drawing or he’d rather say ‘into his list of little things’ (though he would never admit it). Taehyung sighed. ‘It’s nothing. I drew his friend too. It’s definitely nothing. Maybe it’s because my life had been so uneventful and suddenly he came and now it’s kinda eventful. So it could be why.’

Taehyung was so lost in his thoughts that he didn’t realize that a boy was approaching him.

“Hey.” Taehyung’s head shot up, hearing the somewhat familiar voice. And as he did, his eyed grew wider and he was frozen again.

“Hey, can I tal-” Before the boy could finish, Taehyung turned around and ran.

Again.

 

 

 

Jungkook was stupefied by the events taking place. ‘Did he just run away from me? What am I? Godzilla?”

Jungkook wasted no time as he ran after the other. There’s no way he’d give up. He came to talk and settle things with him because he wanted his high school life to be calm and peaceful and included ‘no misunderstandings’ too.

 

 

 

Taehyung ran and ran. He didn’t dare to look back. He ran straight into his little forest. ‘Of course he won’t follow me into here. It’s smelly.’

Taehyung slowed down as he reached his Oak tree, being showered by the sun light. Rays of sunlight was coming down through the branches, particles of dust dancing along with the wind. (‘A ballroom dance’ he’d say). He reached out his hand to touch the sunlight, but was startled when he heard a sound of stick breaking. Taehyung immediately turned around. It seems he was wrong.

 

 

 

Jungkook stared at the boy in front of him. He looked as if he was gonna run again and before that could happen, Jungkook spoke.

“Wait. Don’t run, alright? I just wanna talk with you. I’m not gonna shout at you or punch you. I just wanna have a friendly conversation.” Jungkook smiled lips tight.

The brunette just stared at him and when he seemed he calmed down, Jungkook spoke again.

“Okay. Um…I came here to tell you that I didn’t mean to scare you yesterday. I was just, you know, desperate to find my assignment papers. You know about our teachers. They’ll make your life a hell if you don’t hand the assignments in time.” Jungkook looked at the boy and smiled, this time showing his bunny teeth. “Taehyung, right? I’m Jungkook.” Jungkook came closer and stretched out his hand to be shaken.

 

Taehyung was quite spaced out. ‘How did he know my name?’ It was impossible, of course, considering that he never was one of the popular kids. Or was he?

 

Jungkook understood what Taehyung was thinking. “Oh, are you wondering how I knew your name? My friend told me. A lot of people know you, really.” Jungk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter